|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Temple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Polaris another name for?
(c) The Big Dipper.
(d) The North Star.
2. What does one of the officers of the submarine find and take on board, in "The Temple"?
(a) An ivory figurine.
(b) A gold figurine.
(c) A silver ring.
(d) A gold ring.
3. Karl Heinrich von Altberg-Ehrenstein is fighting in what war, in "The Temple"?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) World War II.
(c) The American Civil War.
(d) World War I.
4. What does Altberg do once the cameras are turned off, in "The Temple"?
(a) Frees the soldiers.
(b) Tortures the soldiers.
(c) Embraces the soldiers.
(d) Kills the soldiers.
5. When does the author write in "Polaris," "the winds from the north curse and whine, and the red-leaved trees of the swamp mutter things to one another in the small hours of the morning under the horned waning moon"?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the story "Polaris" written?
2. Who is on the white ship seen by the narrator, in "The White Ship"?
3. In what land is there a vast, still lake that is fed by no stream, but out of which no stream flows, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
4. Where does the narrator first sail, in "The White Ship"?
5. What do the people of Sarnath steal from Ib?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)