|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Temple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator to do if the Inutos gain the upper hand in the battle, in "Polaris"?
(a) Light a signal fire.
(b) Save the women and children.
(c) Join the battle.
(d) Burn the village.
2. Karl Heinrich von Altberg-Ehrenstein is fighting in what war, in "The Temple"?
(a) The American Civil War.
(b) The Korean War.
(c) World War I.
(d) World War II.
3. What is referred to as the land of pleasures unattained, in "The White Ship"?
4. Who is on the white ship seen by the narrator, in "The White Ship"?
(a) A bearded man.
(b) A sea-god.
(c) A mermaid.
(d) A beautiful woman.
5. Who are the enemies of the people of Olathoe, in "Polaris"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kurane see coming towards him on the bridge, in the ending of "Celephais"?
2. Where do the narrator and his companion not enter because only demons and madmen can live in that city, in "The White Ship"?
3. Where did the bravest warriors go to meet their enemies for battle in Olathoe, in the story "Polaris"?
4. When does the author write in "Polaris," "the winds from the north curse and whine, and the red-leaved trees of the swamp mutter things to one another in the small hours of the morning under the horned waning moon"?
5. What happens to the lake in the ending of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)