* "Dagon" begins with a sailor recounting his experience of being cast adrift in a lifeboat, after a German Submarine sank his ship in the Pacific.
* Eventually, the sailor is able to escape in a lifeboat and for several days he drifts in the vast ocean, exposed to the hot sun and thirsty for water.
* One day, after a troubled sleep of fantastical dreams, the sailor awakes to find himself surrounded by dark ooze and what looks like land.
* After three days of sheltering himself on his stranded boat, the sailor decides to explore the newly exposed land around him.
* On the next night, spotting a strange monolith on a distant hill, the sailor sets off to explore it. He discovers it is engraved with a host of strange monoliths and creatures.
* Suddenly, one of the creatures arises from the sea and heads towards the monolith.
* The sailor...
This section contains 2,439 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)