|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Emperor say to Matron?
(a) That he is sorry that Thomas Stone disappeared.
(b) That he needs medical care.
(c) That he is sorry for Sister Mary's death.
(d) That he is sending Matron two more nuns to help them.
2. To what church does Eli Harris belong?
(c) Roman Catholic.
(d) Baptist Congregational.
3. What happens when an old woman tries to talk to the Emperor?
(a) She is given an appointment to talk to an official.
(b) She is invited to sit inside the Rolls.
(c) She is shot.
(d) She is beaten.
4. Of what does the man who turns up in Ghosh's office complain?
(a) Severe stomach pain.
(b) Sore throat.
(c) A rash.
5. What does Dr. Stone do to try and help Mary?
(a) Stone attempts to do a C-section on her.
(b) Stone is not at the hospital at the time.
(c) Pull a baby out with an abortion tool.
(d) Nothing, Mary doesn't need any help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hema say to Stone?
2. Who often plays cards with Ghosh?
3. For what has the Emperor put out an offer of a reward?
4. How does Hema feel when she goes into the operating room and sees Mary?
5. What happens to the soldier who points the gun at Genet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dr. Stone find out Mary is pregnant?
2. What confuses Hema for a moment about Gebrew's message?
3. How does Sister Mary care for Dr. Stone, and what happens while she takes care of him?
4. By the time the twins are six how are they known, and what do they realize about Shiva?
5. Who does Marion run into when he gets mad at Hema and runs out of the house, and why is that person there?
6. What is Marion's first exposure to violence against a person?
7. What happens the moment Hema arrives back at Missing?
8. What is Marion and Shiva's first experience with someone dying because of not getting medical care soon enough?
9. What does Hema realize about Mary, and what does Stone do when Mary dies?
10. Why does Rosina run to the palace during the beginning of the coup?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)