|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marion realize about Shiva's medical future?
(a) It will be very different from his own.
(b) Shiva will not practice in the medical field.
(c) He does not think about Shiva's medical future.
(d) Shiva will probably go to a Western country to practice medicine.
2. Who is weeping in the operating room?
3. What has devastated Mary Praise about the illness?
(a) Fourteen small children died from it.
(b) Her friend, Anjali, died from it.
(c) A pregnant woman miscarriaged due to the illness.
(d) It was completely preventable.
4. What does Marion have a difficult time believing?
(a) That Hema is not their real mother.
(b) That Mebratu and Zemui are bad.
(c) That their mothe was a Roman Catholic nun.
(d) That their father is coming for a visit.
5. Of what does the man who turns up in Ghosh's office complain?
(a) A rash.
(b) Severe stomach pain.
(d) Sore throat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ghosh attach an anklet to Shiva?
2. What does Zemui say when she returns?
3. What does Dr. Stone ask of Mary when they dock?
4. To what church does Eli Harris belong?
5. What nationality is Dr. Stone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Emperor call the hospital?
2. What does Marion remember about being a toddler?
3. What is Marion's first exposure to violence against a person?
4. What happens when Dr. Stone is close to death?
5. What happens to Dr. Stone after Mary's death?
6. What happens when Hema first rushes into the operating room?
7. Why does Eli Harris call Matron?
8. What is Ghosh doing while Hema is with Mary and Dr. Stone, and how does he find out about Mary's death?
9. What is Shiva like intellectually?
10. How is Marion responsible for the death of a soldier?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)