|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hema say to Stone?
(a) He killed Mary and the twins are his children.
(b) She is charging him with murder.
(c) He will have to quit the hospital.
(d) He needs to get himself together.
2. What is Stone's response to Hema?
(a) He ordered an extinguisher last week.
(b) He could not wait for Hema.
(c) He could not interfere with Patlet.
(d) He did not know Mary was pregnant.
3. What is the man running towards the hospital carrying?
(a) A dead dog.
(b) A large package.
(c) A dead child.
(d) A gun.
4. What happens to many of the passengers on the ship Mary Praise takes to Africa?
(a) They get food poisoning.
(b) They come down with a fever.
(c) They drink bad water.
(d) They become sea sick.
5. What does Dr. Stone do when he his well enough?
(a) Talks to the captain about the bad food.
(b) Takes notes about the sick passengers.
(c) Asks Mary to let him court her.
(d) Makes the captain begin to check the water supply.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stone tell Hema to do with the twins?
2. What does Dr. Stone ask of Mary when they dock?
3. What does the Emperor ask Matron?
4. What is Ghosh doing as Sister Mary Praise is dying?
5. What does Ghosh order Gebrew to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Marion run into when he gets mad at Hema and runs out of the house, and why is that person there?
2. What is Ghosh doing while Hema is with Mary and Dr. Stone, and how does he find out about Mary's death?
3. How does Hema feel about the twins after she takes them in, and why does she call Ghosh for help?
4. How is Marion responsible for the death of a soldier?
5. What is Shiva like intellectually?
6. What incident shapes Shiva to become the doctor he becomes?
7. What happens when Hema first rushes into the operating room?
8. How does the family receive word about Mebratu's coup and what is the coup like initially?
9. What does Ghosh explain to the man with stomach pain, and what does he realize about the man?
10. By the time the twins are six how are they known, and what do they realize about Shiva?
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)