|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marion go to celebrate passing his medical boards?
(a) The Bahamas.
(b) To Africa.
(c) To Washington D.C.
(d) An Ethiopian restaurant.
2. What does Genet do when Marion puts her to bed?
(a) Asks him to sit by the bed and tell her about himself.
(b) Waits until he leaves the room then slips out the window.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Asks him to lie in bed with her.
3. What does Shiva do when he arrives at Marion's hospital room?
(a) Climbs into bed with Marion.
(b) Stands in the doorway gaping.
(c) Sits by the bed and holds his hand.
(d) Falls to the floor.
4. What is the chief surgical resident's name?
5. What does Popsy do in the middle of surgery?
(a) Supervise Marion taking over.
(b) Tells Marion to leave.
(d) Tries to kiss on of the nurses.
6. What does Marion find when he goes to Rosina's apartment?
(a) Rosina dancing naked.
(b) Zemui drunk and shooting bottles.
(c) Genet bleeding from her eyebrows.
(d) Genet and Rosina in a fight.
7. Why did Thomas leave Africa?
(a) Hema was so angry at him.
(b) He had no license to practice medicine there.
(c) He was overwhelmed with guilt and grief.
(d) He could be brought up on manslaughter charges.
8. Why is the Chief Resident anxious to impress the visiting doctor?
(a) The doctor is evaluating his skill.
(b) He is hoping for a partnership.
(c) The doctor can help him with his boards.
(d) The doctor is successful and world-renown.
9. What does Marion do when Shiva and Genet are talking about sex?
(a) Goes for a walk.
(b) Joins in with them.
(c) Tells Hema.
(d) Ignores them.
10. Why does Marion travel to Boston?
(a) To see Stone work.
(b) To apply to a hospital there.
(c) To meet with his father.
(d) To look at the tourist spots.
11. What do Genet and Marion continue?
(a) Their flirtation.
(b) Studying together.
(c) Their fighting.
(d) Playing games together.
12. What does Rosina do when Marion returns home from the hospital?
(a) Questions him about where Genet is.
(b) Attacks him.
(c) Talks to him about Shiva.
(d) Tries to get him to come sleep with her.
13. What does Marion do at Stone's apartment?
(a) Breaks into it and trashes it.
(b) Has dinner with Stone.
(c) He does not go to Stone's apartment.
(d) Steals any pictures Stone has of Mary.
14. Who comes to the house the day of the execution?
(a) Some soldiers.
(b) Thomas Stone.
15. What does Tsige do when she sees Marion again?
(a) Runs and hides.
(b) Gives him a book.
(c) Bursts into tears.
(d) Jumps on him for leaving Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosina do to Genet for having had sex?
2. What does Marion want to do with his father?
3. Why does the nurse practitioner apologize to Marion?
4. How does Marion feel when he learns Genet is in America?
5. Why are most of the doctors at Marion's hospital foreign?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)