|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Marion about his arrival in New York?
(a) That it is so cold.
(b) That the people are so friendly.
(c) That he was harassed in customs.
(d) That he is not assumed to be a terrorist.
2. With what does Stone feel he cannot cope?
(a) His emotions.
(b) Being a surgeon and a father.
(c) Not drinking.
(d) Having children.
3. How does Stone feel when he comes to Marion's door?
(a) Distraught and uncomfortable.
4. Why does the nurse practitioner apologize to Marion?
(a) For helping to cause his mother's death.
(b) For being too old for him.
(c) For not making his father stay at the hospital.
(d) For asking him for sex.
5. What does Marion do when Shiva and Genet are talking about sex?
(a) Tells Hema.
(b) Ignores them.
(c) Joins in with them.
(d) Goes for a walk.
6. How does Marion feel when he learns Genet is in America?
7. Where do Stone and Marion go for dinner the first time they go out together?
(a) An Indian restaurant.
(b) Sturgis Bistro.
(c) An Ethiopian restaurant.
(d) The Broadway Cafe.
8. For what does the nurse practitioner thank Marion?
(a) Joining her in bed.
(b) Helping her with her medical studies.
(c) Leaving her flowers.
(d) Bringing her a good book to read.
9. What happens with Genet as the result of Rosina's action?
(a) She stabs the man she is supposed to marry.
(b) She gets an infection.
(c) Her nose is broken and heals wrong.
(d) She runs away from home.
10. Where does Marion spend most of his time off?
(a) Dating female residents.
(b) At the library.
(c) Watching others in the operating room.
(d) In his apartment.
11. What does Marion do when he gets well?
(a) Sleeps with Tsige.
(b) Marries Genet.
(c) Returns to Ethiopia.
(d) Moves to Boston to work with his father.
12. Why are most of the doctors at Marion's hospital foreign?
(a) The hospital has a bad reputation.
(b) The hospital administrator is from overseas.
(c) The hospital can pay foreigners less.
(d) None of the American students will work somewhere so dangerous.
13. How does Marion feel when Stone comes to his door?
(d) Angry and abandoned.
14. What did Marion do when Ghosh became ill?
(a) Concentrated all his efforts on caring for him.
(b) Thought about quitting medicine.
(c) Reconciled with Shiva.
(d) Withdrew emotionally from the family.
15. Where do many of the organs come from at Marion's hospital?
(a) Gang bangers.
(b) Car accident victims.
(c) Elderly people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Genet ask Marion to do?
2. What does Stone do when he first sees Marion?
3. Why does Stone tell Marion his life story?
4. What does Shiva do when he arrives at Marion's hospital room?
5. What is Ghosh's final wish to Marion?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)