|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the visiting doctor work involve at his hospital?
(b) Reattachment of limbs.
(c) Bone grafts.
(d) Liver transplants.
2. Where does Marion spend most of his time off?
(a) Dating female residents.
(b) In his apartment.
(c) At the library.
(d) Watching others in the operating room.
3. Why doesn't Marion beat Genet?
(a) He does not hit women.
(b) She begs him not to hit her.
(c) She is clearly ill.
(d) He is not angry at her.
4. What does Marion do when he's not working at connecting with Ghosh in prison?
(a) Building model airplanes.
(b) Reading medical books.
(c) Writing a novel.
(d) Dating Genet.
5. What does Marion do when he gets well?
(a) Marries Genet.
(b) Returns to Ethiopia.
(c) Moves to Boston to work with his father.
(d) Sleeps with Tsige.
6. What does Shiva do when he arrives at Marion's hospital room?
(a) Falls to the floor.
(b) Stands in the doorway gaping.
(c) Climbs into bed with Marion.
(d) Sits by the bed and holds his hand.
7. What do Genet and Marion continue?
(a) Their flirtation.
(b) Their fighting.
(c) Studying together.
(d) Playing games together.
8. What does Stone say the writing on the bookmark suggests?
(a) Mary left Stone a letter.
(b) Mary knew she was going to die.
(c) Mary wanted to marry Stone.
(d) Mary blamed Stone for seducing her.
9. What does Marion do when Genet shows up at his door?
(a) He takes her out to eat.
(b) He hugs her and cries.
(c) He drags her in the house and throws her in a chair.
(d) He shuts the door in her face.
10. Where do Stone and Marion go for dinner the first time they go out together?
(a) Sturgis Bistro.
(b) An Ethiopian restaurant.
(c) The Broadway Cafe.
(d) An Indian restaurant.
11. With what does Stone feel he cannot cope?
(a) Having children.
(b) His emotions.
(c) Not drinking.
(d) Being a surgeon and a father.
12. What does Genet ask Marion to do?
(a) Have sex with her.
(b) Take her to the celebration that weekend.
(c) Write her term paper for history.
(d) Marry her.
13. Who comes to the house the day of the execution?
(b) Some soldiers.
(c) Thomas Stone.
14. What does Stone do when he first sees Marion?
(a) Asks him if he is from Africa.
(b) Stares at him.
(c) Brushes him off.
(d) Stone does not notice Marion.
15. What does Marion leave at Stone's apartment?
(a) A stink bomb.
(c) A bookmark of Mary's.
(d) His name and address.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Genet begin to do in medical school?
2. What happens with Genet as the result of Rosina's action?
3. What does Marion do when Shiva and Genet are talking about sex?
4. What does Rosina do when Marion returns home from the hospital?
5. What does the family do when Ghosh returns home?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)