|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosina show to Marion that belongs to Genet?
(a) Her chemistry book.
(b) A pair of underwear.
(c) A letter about sleeping with Marion.
(d) A bus ticket out of town.
2. What does the visiting doctor work involve at his hospital?
(a) Bone grafts.
(c) Reattachment of limbs.
(d) Liver transplants.
3. What does Genet do after they eat breakfast?
(a) She goes to the hospital.
(b) She goes back to bed.
(c) She watches television.
(d) She leaves.
4. Why did Thomas leave Africa?
(a) Hema was so angry at him.
(b) He was overwhelmed with guilt and grief.
(c) He could be brought up on manslaughter charges.
(d) He had no license to practice medicine there.
5. What happens to the patient when Popsy makes an incision?
(a) The incision bleeds too much.
(b) He nicks an artery.
(c) The bowel is perforated.
(d) Nothing happens.
6. What do Genet and Marion continue?
(a) Studying together.
(b) Their fighting.
(c) Their flirtation.
(d) Playing games together.
7. For what does the nurse practitioner thank Marion?
(a) Helping her with her medical studies.
(b) Joining her in bed.
(c) Bringing her a good book to read.
(d) Leaving her flowers.
8. How does Marion find out why he is ill?
(a) He hires a private detective to find Genet.
(b) He doesn't find out, his father does.
(c) He has blood test done.
(d) He calls Tsige.
9. What does the Chief Resident do in front of a visiting doctor?
(a) Makes a brilliant save.
(b) Drops a scalpel.
(c) Messes up an operation.
(d) Jokes about a patient dying.
10. How does Marion feel when he learns Genet is in America?
11. What does Genet ask Marion to do?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Have sex with her.
(c) Write her term paper for history.
(d) Take her to the celebration that weekend.
12. What does the family do when Ghosh returns home?
(a) Attend the execution.
(b) Has a celebration feast.
(c) Go out to the park.
(d) Go to their favorite restaurant.
13. Who come to see Rosina and Genet late one evening?
(a) Rosina's cousins.
(b) Strange visitors.
(c) Zemui's parents.
(d) Genet's boyfriend.
14. What does Marion do when Shiva and Genet are talking about sex?
(a) Joins in with them.
(b) Ignores them.
(c) Tells Hema.
(d) Goes for a walk.
15. Why are most of the doctors at Marion's hospital foreign?
(a) The hospital can pay foreigners less.
(b) The hospital administrator is from overseas.
(c) The hospital has a bad reputation.
(d) None of the American students will work somewhere so dangerous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Tsige seen Genet?
2. Why is Stone hesitate about Shiva's idea?
3. Why does Stone tell Marion his life story?
4. What does Marion attend when he is in Boston?
5. What would happen to Marion if his hospital closes?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)