|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game do Shiva, Marion and Genet play regularly?
(b) Chutes and ladders.
(c) Hide and seek.
(d) Blind Man's Bluff.
2. How do they know Shiva is bright?
(a) He understands scientific concepts.
(b) He can take apart and put together machines.
(c) He can do complicated math by just looking at the problem.
(d) He plays the piano with no lessons.
3. What does Shiva do for Zemui?
(a) Gives him his best color set.
(b) Gives him reading lessons.
(c) Translate letters for Zemui.
(d) Paints a picture of Zemui's wife.
4. What has Hema done about the twins?
(a) Has sent them to the morgue.
(b) Have given them to a nurse.
(c) She has done nothing with them.
(d) Has stabilized them.
5. Who often plays cards with Ghosh?
(a) Zemui and Mebratu.
6. Of what does the man who turns up in Ghosh's office complain?
(b) Severe stomach pain.
(c) A rash.
(d) Sore throat.
7. Why does Ghosh attach an anklet to Shiva?
(a) To wake him when he stops breathing.
(b) To identify him.
(c) To abuse Shiva.
(d) To offset Shiva's unbalanced chi.
8. Who yells at Hema when she arrives back at Missing?
(a) Mary Praise.
9. For what has the Emperor put out an offer of a reward?
(a) Mebratu's head.
(b) The return of his kidnapped son.
(c) The return of his crown taken when the palace was temporarily occupied.
(d) Zemui's capture.
10. What has devastated Mary Praise about the illness?
(a) Fourteen small children died from it.
(b) It was completely preventable.
(c) A pregnant woman miscarriaged due to the illness.
(d) Her friend, Anjali, died from it.
11. What does Ghosh fear about Hema?
(a) She is dead.
(b) She has moved to the United States.
(c) She has returned married.
(d) She has moved back to England.
12. Where does Mary Praise fall asleep while caring for the sick doctor?
(a) On the table in his cabin.
(b) In his bed.
(c) In the hall outside his door.
(d) Next to his bed.
13. Why does Ghosh perform surgery on Mebratu?
(a) In compassion.
(b) He refuses to perform surgery.
(c) For practice.
(d) In hopes of receiving favor.
14. How does Mary Praise begin to feel towards Dr. Stone?
(a) She is indifferent to him.
(b) She begins to detest him.
(c) She is angry with him.
(d) She is falling in love with him.
15. How does Hema feel when she goes into the operating room and sees Mary?
(a) She feels the fire is not all that bad.
(b) She is excited about a new baby.
(c) She cannot understand what Dr. Patlet has done.
(d) She is outraged and disgusted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man running towards the hospital carrying?
2. Who is weeping in the operating room?
3. What nationality is Dr. Stone?
4. Who does Ghosh decide to visit?
5. What does Hema agree to do concerning Ghosh?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)