|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hema feel about Stone's response?
(a) She thinks he should have blocked Patlet.
(b) She thinks he was too proud to wait for her.
(c) She thinks he should have gone to the city for an extinguisher himself.
(d) She finds it hard to believe.
2. What does Zemui say when she returns?
(a) General Mebratu is in hiding.
(b) The Emperor has gone into exile.
(c) The coup is a success.
(d) Things are much worse than anticipated.
3. What has Hema done about the twins?
(a) Have given them to a nurse.
(b) Has stabilized them.
(c) Has sent them to the morgue.
(d) She has done nothing with them.
4. What does Matron hold as she sits with the family during the nights?
(a) A gun.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A spear.
(d) A rosary.
5. What does Ghosh fear about Hema?
(a) She has moved to the United States.
(b) She is dead.
(c) She has returned married.
(d) She has moved back to England.
6. What do the men in a Jeep do?
(a) Shoot up the hospital's windows.
(b) Grab Marion.
(c) Slam into Ghosh's departing car.
(d) Arrest Ghosh.
7. What does Dr. Stone begin to do when he wakes from his unconsciousness?
(a) Begins to care for other patients.
(b) Begins to heal.
(c) Begins to refuse food.
(d) Becomes delusional.
8. Who often plays cards with Ghosh?
(b) Zemui and Mebratu.
9. Who does Ghosh decide to visit?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A banker.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A priest.
10. What does Hema realize about Mary?
(a) Hema will be unable to save her life.
(b) She will take a long time to recover.
(c) She should be proud to have twins.
(d) She is the one who started the fire.
11. Of what does the man who turns up in Ghosh's office complain?
(a) Sore throat.
(c) A rash.
(d) Severe stomach pain.
12. Who decides to take the twins?
13. For what purpose has Eli's church been sending Matron money?
(a) For a new village well.
(b) To research the prevalence of STD's in Ethiopia.
(c) For an educational progarm about STD's.
(d) To fund a new school building.
14. How do they know Shiva is bright?
(a) He understands scientific concepts.
(b) He plays the piano with no lessons.
(c) He can do complicated math by just looking at the problem.
(d) He can take apart and put together machines.
15. How do others react to a barefoot girl being slowly led to the hospital by her father?
(a) They try to help the father.
(b) They cover their noses and move away.
(c) They faint.
(d) They make mean remarks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do ShivaMarion do to avoid flying bullets?
2. What does Ghosh contemplate at the opening of this chapter?
3. What does the family learn about General Mebratu?
4. Why is Ghosh summoned to the palace?
5. Why does Sister Mary go to the Missing Hospital?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)