|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is weeping in the operating room?
2. Why does Matron lie to Eli?
(a) She receives Eli's money but does not use it for the project.
(b) She knows the Emperor is listening in on the conversation.
(c) She is afraid of the Emperor.
(d) She is afraid of Thomas Stone.
3. What do the men in a Jeep do?
(a) Slam into Ghosh's departing car.
(b) Arrest Ghosh.
(c) Grab Marion.
(d) Shoot up the hospital's windows.
4. How does Hema feel when she goes into the operating room and sees Mary?
(a) She is excited about a new baby.
(b) She is outraged and disgusted.
(c) She cannot understand what Dr. Patlet has done.
(d) She feels the fire is not all that bad.
5. What do ShivaMarion do when they see the man running towards the hospital?
(a) Hide in the bushes.
(b) Run to help him.
(d) Run inside to get Ghosh.
6. What does Dr. Stone begin to do when he wakes from his unconsciousness?
(a) Begins to heal.
(b) Becomes delusional.
(c) Begins to refuse food.
(d) Begins to care for other patients.
7. What happens when Ghosh begins spending alone time with Marion in the hospital?
(a) Marion finds a deep love of medicine.
(b) Marion learns a lot about handling people.
(c) Marion grows away from Shiva.
(d) Marion starts to get ill.
8. To what church does Eli Harris belong?
(b) Roman Catholic.
(c) Baptist Congregational.
9. Why does Ghosh perform surgery on Mebratu?
(a) In hopes of receiving favor.
(b) For practice.
(c) In compassion.
(d) He refuses to perform surgery.
10. How does Mary Praise begin to feel towards Dr. Stone?
(a) She is falling in love with him.
(b) She begins to detest him.
(c) She is angry with him.
(d) She is indifferent to him.
11. What does Stone do when Hema tells him Mary is dying?
(a) He runs out of the operating room.
(b) He cuts open her chest and tries to start her heart.
(c) He slaps Hema.
(d) He falls to the floor sobbing.
12. Who does Ghosh decide to visit?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A banker.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A priest.
13. For what has the Emperor put out an offer of a reward?
(a) The return of his crown taken when the palace was temporarily occupied.
(b) Mebratu's head.
(c) The return of his kidnapped son.
(d) Zemui's capture.
14. Who is John Melly?
(a) The only Westerner involved in the overthrow of the Emperor.
(b) Matron's brother.
(c) The only woman Matron has ever loved.
(d) The head of the Roman Catholic church in the country.
15. What is yelled at Hema?
(a) Dr. Patlet needs her immediately.
(b) Something about Mary's blocked passage.
(c) There is infected food in the cafeteria.
(d) There is a fire in the operating room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shiva do when he sees the father and barefoot girl?
2. Why does Sister Mary go to the Missing Hospital?
3. According to Marion, what will Shiva do when he's ready?
4. Where is Sister Praise going when she leaves Dr. Stone?
5. What has Koochooloo done?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)