|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matron hold as she sits with the family during the nights?
(a) A spear.
(b) A rosary.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A gun.
2. What does Dr. Stone do to try and help Mary?
(a) Stone is not at the hospital at the time.
(b) Pull a baby out with an abortion tool.
(c) Stone attempts to do a C-section on her.
(d) Nothing, Mary doesn't need any help.
3. For what purpose has Eli's church been sending Matron money?
(a) For an educational progarm about STD's.
(b) For a new village well.
(c) To research the prevalence of STD's in Ethiopia.
(d) To fund a new school building.
4. What is the man running towards the hospital carrying?
(a) A gun.
(b) A dead child.
(c) A large package.
(d) A dead dog.
5. What does Shiva do for Zemui?
(a) Gives him his best color set.
(b) Translate letters for Zemui.
(c) Gives him reading lessons.
(d) Paints a picture of Zemui's wife.
6. How does Mary Praise begin to feel towards Dr. Stone?
(a) She is falling in love with him.
(b) She begins to detest him.
(c) She is angry with him.
(d) She is indifferent to him.
7. What is Stone's response to Hema?
(a) He could not wait for Hema.
(b) He ordered an extinguisher last week.
(c) He could not interfere with Patlet.
(d) He did not know Mary was pregnant.
8. Who gives birth to Genea and Almaz?
(d) Sister Mary.
9. What does Hema do because of feeling guilty?
(a) Puts up with Ghosh's bad moods.
(b) Gives the twins more attention than her own children.
(c) Tries to find Sister Mary's relatives.
(d) Makes the twins study almost non-stop.
10. What happens when Ghosh begins spending alone time with Marion in the hospital?
(a) Marion learns a lot about handling people.
(b) Marion starts to get ill.
(c) Marion grows away from Shiva.
(d) Marion finds a deep love of medicine.
11. How does Hema feel about Stone's response?
(a) She finds it hard to believe.
(b) She thinks he should have gone to the city for an extinguisher himself.
(c) She thinks he was too proud to wait for her.
(d) She thinks he should have blocked Patlet.
12. What does Shiva do when he sees the father and barefoot girl?
(a) Makes Marion go help the girl.
(b) Runs inside the hospital.
(c) Goes and takes her hand.
(d) Hides in the bushes.
13. What does Shiva take off?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A scarf Hema makes for him.
(c) His bracelet from his birth.
(d) His anklet.
14. Who often plays cards with Ghosh?
(b) Zemui and Mebratu.
15. What happens when an old woman tries to talk to the Emperor?
(a) She is shot.
(b) She is given an appointment to talk to an official.
(c) She is beaten.
(d) She is invited to sit inside the Rolls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ghosh doing as Sister Mary Praise is dying?
2. Why does Ghosh perform surgery on Mebratu?
3. What does Hema agree to do concerning Ghosh?
4. What does Dr. Stone begin to do when he wakes from his unconsciousness?
5. What do ShivaMarion do when they see the man running towards the hospital?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)