Part One: Chapters 1 - 5
1. From where does Sister Mary Praise leave for Africa?
(b) United States.
2. What happens to many of the passengers on the ship Mary Praise takes to Africa?
(a) They drink bad water.
(b) They become sea sick.
(c) They come down with a fever.
(d) They get food poisoning.
3. What nationality is Dr. Stone?
4. How does Mary Praise begin to feel towards Dr. Stone?
(a) She is falling in love with him.
(b) She is angry with him.
(c) She is indifferent to him.
(d) She begins to detest him.
5. Where does Mary Praise fall asleep while caring for the sick doctor?
(a) On the table in his cabin.
(b) In his bed.
(c) In the hall outside his door.
(d) Next to his bed.
6. What does Mary Praise do when Dr. Stone seems to be close to death?
(a) Makes the captain put in at port.
(b) Finds another doctor on board the ship.
(c) Gives him herbs that are experimental.
(d) Prays desperately for him.
This section contains 4,900 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)