Part One: Chapters 1 - 5
• Sisters Mary Praise and Anjali leave India for Africa. On the ship, many passengers come down with a fever including an English doctor. Mary cares for as many as she can.
• Mary pays special care to the doctor, even falling asleep by his bed. When he recovers he begins to take notes about the disease and how it might be spreading.
• Upon docking in Addis Ababa, Dr. Stone asks Mary to stay there and join him at the hospital but she says she needs to follow her orders to go to Yemen.
• In Yemen, Mary feels uncomfortable in her surroundings and is sharing a house with a man who tends to look at her as an available woman.
• Mary begins to bleed from between her legs and makes her way to Missing Hospital, where the Matron takes her in and calls for a doctor...
This section contains 2,838 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)