|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first concern of mission work on the reservation?
2. What Department was the Bureau of Indian Affairs transferred to when it opened in 1849?
3. What did Louie Sitting Crow do for fun?
4. What, according to the joke, is a peace treaty?
5. What did Popovi Da say about the Indians being the first people in American?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the joke about Falling Rocks bridge the racial gap?
2. What do the Indians share with the Hebrews of the Old Testament?
3. What is the problem with earmarked money? What is earmarked money?
4. What does the author think about the Republican political party?
5. How is teasing used as a teaching tool for Indians and how can it be used as a parenting tool?
6. What does the author believe that every group must have to become a reality?
7. Why were other groups insulted by the cards that read "We Shall Overrun?"
8. What have been the views, according to the author, of Christianity regarding slavery, poverty and treachery?
9. What did missionaries do to the Indian's religious life when they arrived on the reservations?
10. According to the author, what would happen if the Bureau of Indian Affairs were abolished?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How can laws be open and creative and not restrictive? Give examples? If laws were written in the way, would this benefit all people? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What was the Civil Rights movement and who did it benefit? What role did American Indians play in this movement and how did it affect them?
Essay Topic 3
What is the author's opinion of welfare? Does he think it necessary for Indians? Why? Why not?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)