|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Frank Takes Gun?
2. Under what umbrella did the Bureau of Indian Affairs begin?
3. What did the office of the Bureau of Indian Affairs in Albuquerque, New Mexico do to the Tigua of El Paso?
4. When death is unreal, how does this affect violence?
5. How is the top job in the Bureau of Indian Affairs filled?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why have the Indians never been involved with the Civil Rights movement?
2. What is the problem with earmarked money? What is earmarked money?
3. What does the author believe that every group must have to become a reality?
4. Why do the Indians consider Indian policy foreign policy?
5. What do the Indians share with the Hebrews of the Old Testament?
6. According to the author, what would happen if the Bureau of Indian Affairs were abolished?
7. How does the Bureau of Indian Affairs give the Indians an advantage for services over other Americans in need?
8. Why does the joke about Falling Rocks bridge the racial gap?
9. What was the first program offered by the African Americans after the Civil War and what happened to that program?
10. Why were other groups insulted by the cards that read "We Shall Overrun?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who was Oliver La Farge and why did he play a role in Indian affairs? How was he helpful to the American Indian? What does the author believe he was after?
Essay Topic 2
Where do the myths about American Indians come from? How are they perpetuated today?
Essay Topic 3
Why does the author believe that Indians will rule America again at some point? What does white America lack, in his opinion, that will turn the tide of white rule in America?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)