|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As stated in Part 8, what must the white man do before he can relate to others?
2. Who did Clyde Warrior support in the 1964 Presidential Campaign?
3. How is the top job in the Bureau of Indian Affairs filled?
4. Why are the Five Civilized Tribes thus named?
5. What did the new immigrants do to organize themselves in their new land?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Indian religion require of its followers that is so vastly different from Christian religions?
2. How is teasing used as a teaching tool for Indians and how can it be used as a parenting tool?
3. According to the author, what would happen if the Bureau of Indian Affairs were abolished?
4. What is welfare based on?
5. Why were other groups insulted by the cards that read "We Shall Overrun?"
6. What does the author believe that every group must have to become a reality?
7. What do the Indians share with the Hebrews of the Old Testament?
8. What, according to the author, does white America depend on as culture?
9. What did missionaries do to the Indian's religious life when they arrived on the reservations?
10. What does the author think about the Republican political party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has college affected young Indians? Has it done harm, good, or both? How do young Indians view their world differently than older Indians in their tribes?
Essay Topic 2
Name three important treaties and two important laws passed that were significant to the lives of American Indians. Explain your answers.
Essay Topic 3
How can laws be open and creative and not restrictive? Give examples? If laws were written in the way, would this benefit all people? Why?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)