|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Native American Church view death?
2. What did Senator Clinton Anderson announce in 1968?
3. What basic principle of man's history, according to the author, did colonists violate?
4. How many area offices does the Bureau of Indian Affairs have throughout the country?
5. What did Louie Sitting Crow do for fun?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Indian history, when did the reservation system really begin to improve and what happened when it did?
2. Discuss the Indian religious idea of sharing one's goods.
3. Who is Banyaca and what was his message?
4. What have been the views, according to the author, of Christianity regarding slavery, poverty and treachery?
5. Why have the Indians never been involved with the Civil Rights movement?
6. What does the author think about the Republican political party?
7. What, according to the author, does white America depend on as culture?
8. How does the Bureau of Indian Affairs give the Indians an advantage for services over other Americans in need?
9. What does the Indian religion require of its followers that is so vastly different from Christian religions?
10. Why were other groups insulted by the cards that read "We Shall Overrun?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did the hippies take from Indian culture? How did they succeed? How and why did they fail?
Essay Topic 2
Why does the author believe that Indians will rule America again at some point? What does white America lack, in his opinion, that will turn the tide of white rule in America?
Essay Topic 3
Who was Oliver La Farge and why did he play a role in Indian affairs? How was he helpful to the American Indian? What does the author believe he was after?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)