Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does an anthropologist come to the reservation to do?
2. What was one emphasis outlined in the Termination Act?
3. How are young Indians connected to anthropologists?
4. How do most American Indians feels about taxes?
5. What is the name of the court case that defined American Indian water rights?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were other groups insulted by the cards that read "We Shall Overrun?"
2. What is the problem with earmarked money? What is earmarked money?
3. Why has the Indian Reorganization Act responded so well to fit the European white model?
4. What criteria, according to the author, do whites use to say that they "understand" Indians?
5. In February 1954, approval was granted for Termination of Indians. Why were the four factors, which Zimmerman implemented in 1947 to classify tribal readiness for termination, not used?
6. What is unique about the Apache of the Southwest?
7. Why was it important for white American to divide and conquer the Indians?
8. According to Indian history, when did the reservation system really begin to improve and what happened when it did?
9. How have the workshops offered by anthropologists affected the young Indians?
10. Do the Indians deserve the services they get? Why? Why not?
Who was Oliver La Farge and why did he play a role in Indian affairs? How was he helpful to the American Indian? What does the author believe he was after?
Is tribal unity an answer for the future? How has tribal unity been successful? What are the problems associated with tribal unity? What needs to happen in the future?
What is Paternalism and how does it relate to the relationship between the American government and the Bureau of Indian Affairs? Is this a relationship that can be altered in the future? How?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)