|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Dillon Myer been in charge of during World War II?
2. What happened to most of the treaties in the far west of the country?
3. What was one emphasis outlined in the Termination Act?
4. When whites claim Indian heritage, who do they believe was their ancestor?
5. When Watkins visited the Menominee, what did he compare the living conditions to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Indians share with the Hebrews of the Old Testament?
2. What did anthropologists find about alcoholism on the reservation? What does the author think of this finding?
3. What, according to the author, does white America depend on as culture?
4. What are the 4 main rules to Rene Descartes' method of research? Was this a good method to examine the lives of Indians for Termination?
5. What are the myths associated with Indian Affairs?
6. Why do the Indians consider Indian policy foreign policy?
7. According to the author, what European background is the law of the United States built on?
8. Why were other groups insulted by the cards that read "We Shall Overrun?"
9. According to the author, what would happen if the Bureau of Indian Affairs were abolished?
10. How did William Zimmerman, Acting Commissioner of Indian Affairs classify existing tribes into categories for Termination?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How can laws be open and creative and not restrictive? Give examples? If laws were written in the way, would this benefit all people? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Name three important treaties and two important laws passed that were significant to the lives of American Indians. Explain your answers.
Essay Topic 3
How do Indians view the Kennedy's? Do they feel that the Kennedy administration helped or hurt them? How do they feel about Robert Kennedy? How do Indians view the Kennedy assassinations?
This section contains 1,459 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)