|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important work has the American Indian Historical Society of San Francisco done?
2. What provision did Watkins attach to the bill for the Menominee distribution of judgment money?
3. What television series began in 1967 that Indians fought to have banned?
4. What is the fundamental thesis of the anthropologist?
5. How did Utah get the Indians in their state to agree to termination?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens every summer with work camps and teenagers? What do the teenagers learn in one month that adults do not understand? What is the author's point about this program?
2. What did anthropologists find about alcoholism on the reservation? What does the author think of this finding?
3. How does the author describe anthropologists? What is his attitude and tone when discussing this group of people?
4. What was the Pickering Treaty? Why was it thus named? What was the final outcome of the Pickering Treaty?
5. What are the 4 main rules to Rene Descartes' method of research? Was this a good method to examine the lives of Indians for Termination?
6. Describe the treatment of the Choctaws. Why was their treatment worse when compared to other Indian peoples?
7. What is the history of the Sioux who lived along the Missouri River?
8. What happened to the Seneca Nation of New York?
9. What is unique about the Apache of the Southwest?
10. When the anthropologists stated that the Oglala Sioux need to be warriors, what was really happening to the Oglala Sioux?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the early relationship of the whites and Indians? Why was the relationship better then?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the administrations of President Roosevelt and President Johnson. What advances did the American Indian make during these times?
Essay Topic 3
How can laws be open and creative and not restrictive? Give examples? If laws were written in the way, would this benefit all people? Why?
This section contains 1,321 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)