Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does an anthropologist come to the reservation to do?
2. What was one emphasis outlined in the Termination Act?
3. How are young Indians connected to anthropologists?
4. How do most American Indians feels about taxes?
5. What is the name of the court case that defined American Indian water rights?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were other groups insulted by the cards that read "We Shall Overrun?"
2. What is the problem with earmarked money? What is earmarked money?
3. Why has the Indian Reorganization Act responded so well to fit the European white model?
4. What criteria, according to the author, do whites use to say that they "understand" Indians?
5. In February 1954, approval was granted for Termination of Indians. Why were the four factors, which Zimmerman implemented in 1947 to classify tribal readiness for termination, not used?
6. What is unique about the Apache of the Southwest?
7. Why was it important for white American to divide and conquer the Indians?
8. According to Indian history, when did the reservation system really begin to improve and what happened when it did?
9. How have the workshops offered by anthropologists affected the young Indians?
10. Do the Indians deserve the services they get? Why? Why not?
Essay Topic 1
How do Indians view the Kennedy's? Do they feel that the Kennedy administration helped or hurt them? How do they feel about Robert Kennedy? How do Indians view the Kennedy assassinations?
Essay Topic 2
Who was Oliver La Farge and why did he play a role in Indian affairs? How was he helpful to the American Indian? What does the author believe he was after?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the struggle of the American Indian to the African American. What are the similarities? What are the differences? Give examples.
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)