|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Oklahoma Original Cherokee Community Organization?
2. Who did missionaries believe the American Indians were when they connected their religion with the tribes they encountered?
3. What is the name of the court case that defined American Indian water rights?
4. What "first" did the Treaty of August 5, 1826 enact?
5. What had Dillon Myer been in charge of during World War II?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the Five Civilized Tribes and why are they referred to in this way?
2. Describe what happens to the Virginia Indians each year at Thanksgiving. What is this in response to?
3. Why are the American Indians lost when, in Congressional hearings, the chairman of the committee talks about the Anglo-Saxon heritage of law and order?
4. What did the Treaty of August 5, 1826 with the Chippewa tribe do?
5. When the anthropologists stated that the Oglala Sioux need to be warriors, what was really happening to the Oglala Sioux?
6. What is the problem with most books about American Indians, according to the author? What do the incorrect portrayals of the Indians do to harm the image of the Indian, and complicate understanding of the people by others?
7. How does the author describe anthropologists? What is his attitude and tone when discussing this group of people?
8. What are the 4 main rules to Rene Descartes' method of research? Was this a good method to examine the lives of Indians for Termination?
9. What is the history of the Sioux who lived along the Missouri River?
10. Why has the Indian Reorganization Act responded so well to fit the European white model?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Indians view the Kennedy's? Do they feel that the Kennedy administration helped or hurt them? How do they feel about Robert Kennedy? How do Indians view the Kennedy assassinations?
Essay Topic 2
How can laws be open and creative and not restrictive? Give examples? If laws were written in the way, would this benefit all people? Why?
Essay Topic 3
How has college affected young Indians? Has it done harm, good, or both? How do young Indians view their world differently than older Indians in their tribes?
This section contains 1,232 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)