|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the highest form of behavior in the Native American Church?
(a) To tend to the sick.
(b) To be in church on Sundays.
(c) To share one's goods.
(d) To pray.
2. What did the Supreme Court do in June of 1968?
(a) It ruled in favor of water rights for African Americans.
(b) It drained a dam and gave Indians back land on the east coast.
(c) It ruled in favor of urban development for Indians.
(d) Interpreted an ancient statute in favor of blacks in the matter of purchasing a house.
3. What does the Native American Church use in its sacramental worship life?
(c) Prayer shawls.
(d) The peyote button.
4. In 1964, what percentage of Indian thought the United States should get out of America?
(a) 15 percent.
(b) 10 percent.
(c) 85 percent.
(d) 90 percent.
5. Who is the prophet of peace on the Hopi reservation?
(b) Thomas Banyaca.
(c) Sitting Bull.
(d) Papovi Da.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the record years for the Christian church on the reservations?
2. What did the new immigrants do to organize themselves in their new land?
3. In 1964, what percentage of Indians thought the United States should get out of Vietnam?
4. What do the Indians believe about land?
5. What is one of the biggest stumbling blocks for the area offices of the Bureau of Indian Affairs?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Indian history, when did the reservation system really begin to improve and what happened when it did?
2. What happened when the government decided to move the Bureau of Indian Affairs to Health, Education and Welfare?
3. According to the author, what would happen if the Bureau of Indian Affairs were abolished?
4. What, according to the author, does white America depend on as culture?
5. What was the first program offered by the African Americans after the Civil War and what happened to that program?
6. What is welfare based on?
7. Why do the Indians consider Indian policy foreign policy?
8. How does white culture destroy other cultures?
9. Discuss the Indian religious idea of sharing one's goods.
10. What have been the views, according to the author, of Christianity regarding slavery, poverty and treachery?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)