Short Answer Key
1. What, according to the author, is one of the finest things about being an Indian?
People are always interested in your "plight."
2. When the author says that whites claim Indian heritage, what side of their family tree do they claim it comes from?
3. When whites claim Indian heritage, who do they believe was their ancestor?
An Indian Princess.
4. According to the author, for those whites who do not claim Indian heritage, what asset do they have that connects them with American Indians?
They understand Indians.
5. Who did missionaries believe the American Indians were when they connected their religion with the tribes they encountered?
The Ten Lost Tribes of Israel.
6. What, according to the author, did the white man discover that the American Indians still owned of value?
135 million acres of land.
7. When does the author believe...
This section contains 3,143 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)