|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the highest form of behavior in the Native American Church?
(a) To be in church on Sundays.
(b) To share one's goods.
(c) To tend to the sick.
(d) To pray.
2. A 1791 Treaty with the Cherokees included what provision?
(a) That the cherokee Nation could not hold any treaty with any foreign power.
(b) That the Cherokee Nation could not take money from foreign powers.
(c) That the Cherokee Nation could not marry foreigners.
(d) That the Cherokee Nation could not become French citizens.
3. What is one of the biggest stumbling blocks for the area offices of the Bureau of Indian Affairs?
(a) Lack of manpower.
(b) Lack of resources for buidling projects.
(c) Lack of computers.
(d) Lack of funds.
4. What, according to the author, did the death of President Kennedy and Sitting Bull have in common?
(a) Both were political assassinations.
(b) Both were acts of terrorism.
(c) Both were a threat to our society as Americans.
(d) Both were done by the same person.
5. What "Civilized" Tribe is among the poorest people in America?
(a) The Zuni.
(b) The Cherokee.
(c) The Choctaw.
(d) The Apache.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of all the great Indian leaders, who maintained his influence in his tribe until his death?
2. What is regarded as utter hypocrisy by the Indian people?
3. How were civil rights leaders able to garner power?
4. What "first" did the Treaty of August 5, 1826 enact?
5. When the buffalo were gone, what did the Sioux eat to keep from starving?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)