|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the new immigrants do to organize themselves in their new land?
(a) They borrowed from Indian culture and myth to build their basis of laws.
(b) They learned Indian art.
(c) They asked the Indians for help.
(d) They transplanted European social and political systems.
2. What do the Indians believe about land?
(a) That it belongs to everyone.
(b) That it can be shared.
(c) That it is not very important.
(d) That it is the mother of all.
3. What "first" did the Treaty of August 5, 1826 enact?
(a) The first clear-cut case of fraudulent dealings on part of Congress.
(b) The first time land was sold by the Indians.
(c) The first time land was returned to the Indians.
(d) The first time water was sold by the Indians.
4. Which American Indian tribe is the author a member of?
(a) The Cherokees.
(b) The Senecas.
(c) The Sioux.
(d) The Kiowa.
5. When Indians looked at pictures of the Disciples, what were they surprised to find?
(a) Their shoulder-length hair.
(b) Their white faces.
(c) Their short hair.
(d) Their brown faces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Blacks (African Americans) and Indians (American Indians) defines racial problems with one focal point. What is it?
2. What is the main conflict of the Northwestern tribes and the government?
3. What was one emphasis outlined in the Termination Act?
4. Indians welcome the future, but don't worry about causing what problem?
5. What was the first concern of mission work on the reservation?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)