|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the result of Christian missions on the reservations?
(a) To shatter Indian society.
(b) To gather Indian ministers.
(c) To uplift Indian society.
(d) To re-establish the Native American Church.
2. What defined the manner in which tribes would fight and where?
(a) Hunting areas.
(b) Lakes stocked with fish.
(c) Reservations where they had places to sleep.
(d) At meetings.
3. Who was the best known and most skillful manipulator of Indian people?
(a) Oliver La Farge.
(b) Sitting Bull.
(c) President Roosevelt.
(d) President Truman.
4. What did the office of the Bureau of Indian Affairs in Albuquerque, New Mexico do to the Tigua of El Paso?
(a) They never visited, but sent money.
(b) They visited twice a year.
(c) They simply forgot about the tribe.
(d) They called them twice a year.
5. What did the white man systematically destroy for the Indians?
(a) Their culture.
(b) Their art.
(c) Their schools.
(d) Their language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Dillon Myer been in charge of during World War II?
2. What happened during World War II on reservations?
3. Why did the Oglala Sioux become a favorite subject for study by anthropologists?
4. What does not overlap across state boundaries?
5. When the frontier was closed in 1890, what did American enter into next?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)