|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What French rationalist did the House Interior Committee use as a basis for their study of Indian Affairs?
(a) Mme. Frankser.
(b) Blount Concur.
(c) Rene Descartes.
(d) Fred Callings.
2. When the author says that whites claim Indian heritage, what side of their family tree do they claim it comes from?
(a) Their grandmother's.
(b) Their aunt's.
(c) Their uncle's.
(d) Their grandfathers.
3. When the Wheeler-Howard act was passed, what did the Indians experience for the first time in half a century?
(b) Social welfare.
(c) Social services.
(d) New schools.
4. What "first" did the Treaty of August 5, 1826 enact?
(a) The first time land was sold by the Indians.
(b) The first time land was returned to the Indians.
(c) The first time water was sold by the Indians.
(d) The first clear-cut case of fraudulent dealings on part of Congress.
5. What television series began in 1967 that Indians fought to have banned?
(a) A series on Lewis and Clark.
(b) A series on Davy Crockett.
(c) A series on Custer.
(d) A series on Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one good, tangible result of Indian participation in the Poor People's Campaign?
2. What did the office of the Bureau of Indian Affairs in Albuquerque, New Mexico do to the Tigua of El Paso?
3. What has created a feeling of unity among American Indians?
4. What Department was the Bureau of Indian Affairs transferred to when it opened in 1849?
5. What, according to the joke, is a peace treaty?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)