|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author believe that America should view the Indian wars of the past?
(a) As Civil Wars.
(b) Not as wars.
(c) As conflicts, not wars.
(d) As the first foreign wars of American history.
2. What did Indians joke about when asked what the country was called before "America?"
(a) "Land of the Brave."
3. What did Louie Sitting Crow do for fun?
(a) Help tourists gas their vehicles.
(b) Tell tourists about Indian fokelore.
(c) Give money and food to tourists.
(d) Watch the tourists who traveled Highway 16 on their way to the Black Hills.
4. What did the Indians see on TV that turned them off to the Civil Rights Movement?
(a) Malcom X.
(b) The March on Washington.
(d) Martin Luther King.
5. Under what presidential administration did the policy of Relocation begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lake Superior hold that the government wanted?
2. What did the Bureau of Indian Affairs office in Minneapolis do in Tama, Iowa?
3. Who, according to the author, is at fault for poverty among American Indians?
4. Under what umbrella did the Bureau of Indian Affairs begin?
5. What, according to many Indians, is the culture of the white man?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)