|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the unfortunate provision in the Wheeler-Howard Act?
(a) The Indians would have to move again and give up more land.
(b) There was a one year delay on all services while the tribe voted.
(c) The Indians would have to give up hunting rights.
(d) Once a reservation voted against the acceptance of the provisions of the act, they were forbidden from considering it again.
2. What is the most popular and enduring subject of Indian humor?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Sitting Bull.
(c) General Custer.
3. What kind of groups, according to the author, do people have little sympathy for?
(a) Stolid groups.
(b) Rude groups.
(c) Funny groups.
(d) Polite groups.
4. What two tribes seem to have traditional Indian values still intact?
(a) The Nez Perce and the Sioux.
(b) The Apaches of the Southwest and the Northwest Coast Indians.
(c) Pueblos of New Mexico and the Apache of the Southwest.
(d) The Alaskan Inuits and the Pueblos of New Mexico.
5. What, according to the joke, is a peace treaty?
(a) "When a white man wants a piece of your land."
(b) "When a white man wants pieces of your soul."
(c) "When a white man wants a piece of your mind."
(d) "When a white man want a piece of you."
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main goal of the Bureau of Indian Affairs when it was started?
2. What were the findings of the House Interior Committee headed by Karl Mundt?
3. What is the oldest Indian treaty between the United States and the Seneca tribe?
4. What did Louie Sitting Crow do for fun?
5. What is the name of the court case that defined American Indian water rights?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)