|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to the author, did the white man discover that the American Indians still owned of value?
(d) 135 million acres of land.
2. What was the Senate Interior Committee afraid of after the passage of the Wheeler-Howard act?
(a) They were afraid of the Civil Rights Movement.
(b) They were afraid of Indian unity.
(c) They were afraid of foreign influences.
(d) They were afraid the French would want the land back.
3. Why do anthropologists believe Indians drink?
(a) Because they are caught between two worlds.
(b) Because they have weak father figures.
(c) Because life on the reservation is like a party.
(d) Because they are alcoholics.
4. What was one good, tangible result of Indian participation in the Poor People's Campaign?
(a) The Indian people began to question the nature of their situation.
(b) The Indian people began to hoard wealth.
(c) The Indian people began to question their love of the land.
(d) The Indian people began to see others' point-of-view.
5. What, according to the author, is the problem with the white man's economic system?
(a) It is based on the stock market.
(b) It is separate from European and Japanese markets.
(c) It is not based on the world economy.
(d) It is not real.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main problem for the Plains Indians?
2. What did treaties initially do?
3. What did Popovi Da say about the Indians being the first people in American?
4. What year did the Congressional policy of termination begin?
5. What, spiritually, was Robert Kennedy?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)