|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many area offices does the Bureau of Indian Affairs have throughout the country?
2. What French rationalist did the House Interior Committee use as a basis for their study of Indian Affairs?
(a) Mme. Frankser.
(b) Blount Concur.
(c) Fred Callings.
(d) Rene Descartes.
3. What kind of hats to anthropologists wear?
(a) Baseball caps.
(b) Australian bush hats.
(c) Indian warbonnets.
(d) Straw hats.
4. Why did the Klamath Bill have to be amended?
(a) To prevent tourists from overrunning their fishing areas.
(b) To prevent the extinction of salmon.
(c) To prevent collapse of the lumber industry on the west coast.
(d) To prevent them from living in a national park.
5. Why did the Oglala Sioux become a favorite subject for study by anthropologists?
(a) Because of the art history.
(b) Because of the vibrant present.
(c) Because of their unique way of life.
(d) Because of their romantic past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the record years for the Christian church on the reservations?
2. What year did the United States clear the eastern states of the former Indian allies?
3. What Department was the Bureau of Indian Affairs transferred to when it opened in 1849?
4. What are the two mainstream American Indian organizations?
5. What "first" did the Treaty of August 5, 1826 enact?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)