|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is regarded as utter hypocrisy by the Indian people?
(a) White Americans caring about the Indian People.
(b) The government caring about the Indian People.
(c) Anthopologists caring about the Indian People.
(d) The attempt of churches to appear relevant to the social needs of the 1960's.
2. How did the government get the Klamaths to agree to termination?
(a) They gave them new schools and built new roads.
(b) They received a judgement against the U.S. for $2.6 million, but nneded enabling legislation to spend it.
(c) They gave back hunting and fishing rights on their land.
(d) They offered to accept their tribal marriages.
3. What was the decision about the Pottawatomie of Kansas during the time of termination?
(a) To combine them with tribes in Oklahoma.
(b) Better to have them expire as private citizens than let anyone know how badly they had been treated.
(c) To get them better hospitals and roads.
(d) To move them to Missouri.
4. Who is the prophet of peace on the Hopi reservation?
(a) Sitting Bull.
(c) Thomas Banyaca.
(d) Papovi Da.
5. How did Utah get the Indians in their state to agree to termination?
(a) Utah promised them recognition by the federal government of their tribal marriages.
(b) They tripled their land mass.
(c) They told the Indians that the state would be running their services and it would be more efficient.
(d) They offered them money in return for termination.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Dillon Myer took over, what was the policy instated from Commissioner to field clerk regarding Indians?
2. What act was passed by the American government in 1934?
3. What is the oldest, continuous Indian-run organization?
4. What was the Senate Interior Committee afraid of after the passage of the Wheeler-Howard act?
5. What is the Aberdeen office of the Bureau of Indian Affairs known for?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)