|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the biggest stumbling blocks for the area offices of the Bureau of Indian Affairs?
(a) Lack of computers.
(b) Lack of resources for buidling projects.
(c) Lack of manpower.
(d) Lack of funds.
2. When whites claim Indian heritage, who do they believe was their ancestor?
(a) An Indian Princess.
(c) Lewis and Clark.
(d) George Washington.
3. Which group of Indians did Arthur Watkins target first in his work for the government?
(a) Southwest Indians.
(b) The Cheyenne.
(c) Indians east of the Mississippi.
(d) Indians in his home state of Utah.
4. What French rationalist did the House Interior Committee use as a basis for their study of Indian Affairs?
(a) Mme. Frankser.
(b) Blount Concur.
(c) Rene Descartes.
(d) Fred Callings.
5. Who appointed Dillon Myer as Commissioner of Indian Affairs?
(a) President Roosevelt.
(b) President Eisenhower.
(c) President Truman.
(d) President Nixon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two mainstream American Indian organizations?
2. In the minds of most Indians, what is the best way to eradicate a species?
3. Who does the area office of the Bureau of Indian Affairs in Aberdeen, South Dakota serve?
4. What was the result of Christian missions on the reservations?
5. According to the author, where should the Bureau of Indian Affairs be transferred?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)