|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the court case that defined American Indian water rights?
(a) United States v. Zimmerman.
(b) United States v. Chippewa.
(c) United States v. Menominees.
(d) United States v. Winans.
2. What was the survey of 1086 called?
(a) The Peasant Survey.
(b) The Middle Ages Survey.
(c) The Domesday Survey.
(d) The Century Survey.
3. In the minds of most Indians, what is the best way to eradicate a species?
(a) Let white America care for it.
(b) Put it in the care of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
(c) Hand it over to the care of the Interior Department.
(d) Authorize Stewart Udall to conserve it.
4. When the author says that whites claim Indian heritage, what side of their family tree do they claim it comes from?
(a) Their aunt's.
(b) Their grandmother's.
(c) Their uncle's.
(d) Their grandfathers.
5. What is the oldest, continuous Indian-run organization?
(a) The League of American Indian Voters.
(b) The League of Nations, Pan American Indians.
(c) The Native American Baseball League.
(d) The Women's American Indian League.
Short Answer Questions
1. When whites claim Indian heritage, who do they believe was their ancestor?
2. How long did the Indians have under the Wheeler-Howard Act to make a decision about their reservation?
3. What act was passed by the American government in 1934?
4. What was the decision about the Pottawatomie of Kansas during the time of termination?
5. What year did the United States clear the eastern states of the former Indian allies?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)