|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the survey of 1086 called?
(a) The Peasant Survey.
(b) The Middle Ages Survey.
(c) The Century Survey.
(d) The Domesday Survey.
2. What, according to the author, did the white man discover that the American Indians still owned of value?
(d) 135 million acres of land.
3. What, according to the author at the end of chapter 1, should the government do about the Indians?
(a) Establish a cultural inclusion policy.
(b) Establish a cultural leave-us-alone agreement.
(c) Begin talks with the federal government on land rights.
(d) Pass laws removing all federal government from Indian proceedings.
4. Once Dillon Myer took over, what was the policy instated from Commissioner to field clerk regarding Indians?
(a) Get their land as quickly as possible.
(b) Get rid of them as quickly as possible.
(c) Get them money as quickly as possible.
(d) Get them health care as quickly as possible.
5. What important work has the American Indian Historical Society of San Francisco done?
(a) Gathered a full history of the American Indian in California.
(b) Published the finest contemporary material on Indians.
(c) Lectured across the country in colleges and universities about American Indians.
(d) Fought to establish the San Francisco Indian Reservation System.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did the United States clear the eastern states of the former Indian allies?
2. When the frontier was closed in 1890, what did American enter into next?
3. What provision did Watkins attach to the bill for the Menominee distribution of judgment money?
4. When does the author believe was the last time that true democracy was alive among Indian tribes?
5. What is the best way for tribes to handle their reservation conflicts?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)