|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the government get the Klamaths to agree to termination?
(a) They received a judgement against the U.S. for $2.6 million, but nneded enabling legislation to spend it.
(b) They offered to accept their tribal marriages.
(c) They gave them new schools and built new roads.
(d) They gave back hunting and fishing rights on their land.
2. What is regarded as utter hypocrisy by the Indian people?
(a) White Americans caring about the Indian People.
(b) The government caring about the Indian People.
(c) The attempt of churches to appear relevant to the social needs of the 1960's.
(d) Anthopologists caring about the Indian People.
3. What year did the United States clear the eastern states of the former Indian allies?
4. Who signed the original treaties with the Northwest Coast American Indians?
(a) George Bush.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Isaac Stevens.
(d) Theodore Roosevelt.
5. Who was Arthur Watkins?
(a) A Mormon named as head the Indian subcommittees in the Senate and House.
(b) The chairman appointed to run the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
(c) President Truman's Chief of Staff.
(d) A poet who wrote about the Indian problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Watkins visited the Menominee, what did he compare the living conditions to?
2. What important work has the American Indian Historical Society of San Francisco done?
3. Which American Indian tribe is the author a member of?
4. What happened to most of the treaties in the far west of the country?
5. What, according to the author, did the white man discover that the American Indians still owned of value?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)