|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Oklahoma Original Cherokee Community Organization?
(a) Defending marriages on the Cherokee Reservation performed by Native American Ministers.
(b) Defending water rights for the Cherokee Nation.
(c) Defending school financing on the Cherokee Reservation.
(d) Defending hunting and treaty rights of the Cherokee.
2. What are the two mainstream American Indian organizations?
(a) The National Water Rights of Indian Reservations.
(b) The National Land Rights Owners.
(c) The National Congress of American Indians and the National Indian Youth Council.
(d) The National War Survivors of America.
3. What television series began in 1967 that Indians fought to have banned?
(a) A series on Kennedy.
(b) A series on Lewis and Clark.
(c) A series on Davy Crockett.
(d) A series on Custer.
4. Which American Indian tribe is the author a member of?
(a) The Kiowa.
(b) The Cherokees.
(c) The Sioux.
(d) The Senecas.
5. Who, according to the author, is at fault for poverty among American Indians?
(a) The United States Government.
(b) The Indians.
(c) The Reorganization Act.
(d) White America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to most of the treaties in the far west of the country?
2. What act was passed by the American government in 1934?
3. What other name is the Dawes Act known by?
4. How, according to the author, has America always viewed other nations?
5. What did Lake Superior hold that the government wanted?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)