|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which American Indian tribe is the author a member of?
(a) The Kiowa.
(b) The Sioux.
(c) The Cherokees.
(d) The Senecas.
2. According to the author, for those whites who do not claim Indian heritage, what asset do they have that connects them with American Indians?
(a) They ARE Indians.
(b) They have friends who are Indians.
(c) They understand Indians.
(d) They donate to Indian colleges.
3. What does the author believe is active in the private sector?
4. What two tribes seem to have traditional Indian values still intact?
(a) Pueblos of New Mexico and the Apache of the Southwest.
(b) The Nez Perce and the Sioux.
(c) The Apaches of the Southwest and the Northwest Coast Indians.
(d) The Alaskan Inuits and the Pueblos of New Mexico.
5. What is the purpose of the Oklahoma Original Cherokee Community Organization?
(a) Defending school financing on the Cherokee Reservation.
(b) Defending marriages on the Cherokee Reservation performed by Native American Ministers.
(c) Defending hunting and treaty rights of the Cherokee.
(d) Defending water rights for the Cherokee Nation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main conflict of the Northwestern tribes and the government?
2. What "first" did the Treaty of August 5, 1826 enact?
3. What is the name of the court case that defined American Indian water rights?
4. What does not overlap across state boundaries?
5. What did treaties initially do?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)