|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the oldest Indian treaty between the United States and the Seneca tribe?
(a) The Dawes Treaty.
(b) The Church Treaty.
(c) The Pickering Treaty.
(d) The Allotment Treaty.
2. How does the author believe that America should view the Indian wars of the past?
(a) Not as wars.
(b) As the first foreign wars of American history.
(c) As conflicts, not wars.
(d) As Civil Wars.
3. What principle did the case of Lone Wolf vs. Hitchcock put forth?
(a) That the tribes could give their land away if they wished.
(b) That the tribes had titles of ownership to all land.
(c) That the tribes have no title to the land at all, only occupancy rights.
(d) That the tribes rent land from the government.
4. How long did the Indians have under the Wheeler-Howard Act to make a decision about their reservation?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 1 year.
5. What political aspirations did the Seneca's accuse the government of having regarding the oldest Indian treaty?
(a) The dam was part of the price of keeping Pennsylvania in line for John F. Kennedy at the 1960 Democratic Convention.
(b) Senator Kennedy wanted to buy the land for his own family.
(c) President Kennedy needed the land to bargain with the Russians during the Cuban Missile Crisis.
(d) President Kennedy wanted to add the land to Camp David.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other name is the Wheeler-Howard Act known by?
2. Who, according to the author, is at fault for poverty among American Indians?
3. What is regarded as utter hypocrisy by the Indian people?
4. How are the Indians of Canada different from the American Indians?
5. What happened to most of the treaties in the far west of the country?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)