|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "Civilized" Tribe is among the poorest people in America?
(a) The Choctaw.
(b) The Zuni.
(c) The Apache.
(d) The Cherokee.
2. What "first" did the Treaty of August 5, 1826 enact?
(a) The first time land was returned to the Indians.
(b) The first time water was sold by the Indians.
(c) The first clear-cut case of fraudulent dealings on part of Congress.
(d) The first time land was sold by the Indians.
3. How are the Indians of Canada different from the American Indians?
(a) They live in colder climates and have better housing.
(b) They have not had their basic governmental forms disturbed.
(c) They are paid by the government NOT to grow crops.
(d) Their medical care is not as good as American Indians.
4. How long did the Indians have under the Wheeler-Howard Act to make a decision about their reservation?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 1 year.
5. What year did the United States clear the eastern states of the former Indian allies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Oklahoma Original Cherokee Community Organization?
2. What is the best way for tribes to handle their reservation conflicts?
3. Who, according to the author, is at fault for poverty among American Indians?
4. What is regarded as utter hypocrisy by the Indian people?
5. What is the oldest, continuous Indian-run organization?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)