|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have tribes discovered that they must do to make themselves heard?
(a) Elect their own congress.
(b) Start a national newspaper.
(c) Elect their own president.
(d) Band together.
2. How many tribal communities get federal services?
3. How long did the Indians have under the Wheeler-Howard Act to make a decision about their reservation?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 10 years.
4. How, according to the author, has America always viewed other nations?
(a) As neighbors and friends.
(b) America has always honored other nations, but not the Indians.
(c) As a militantly imperialistic world power eagerly grasping for economic control over weaker nations.
(d) America tries to help other countries, but sometimes oversteps their boundaries.
5. What, according to the author at the end of chapter 1, should the government do about the Indians?
(a) Establish a cultural leave-us-alone agreement.
(b) Establish a cultural inclusion policy.
(c) Pass laws removing all federal government from Indian proceedings.
(d) Begin talks with the federal government on land rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do most American Indians feels about taxes?
2. When does the author believe was the last time that true democracy was alive among Indian tribes?
3. What are the two mainstream American Indian organizations?
4. What happened to most of the treaties in the far west of the country?
5. What has created a feeling of unity among American Indians?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)