|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did missionaries believe the American Indians were when they connected their religion with the tribes they encountered?
(a) The Ten Lost Tribes of Israel.
(d) The Spanish.
2. What does an anthropologist come to the reservation to do?
(a) Make observations.
(b) Help the Indians with a building project.
(c) Enjoy the food.
(d) Write down everything they see.
3. What Department was the Bureau of Indian Affairs transferred to when it opened in 1849?
(a) The Department of Health, Education and Welfare.
(b) The Department of the Interior.
(c) The Department of Commerce.
(d) The War Department.
4. What is the purpose of the Oklahoma Original Cherokee Community Organization?
(a) Defending hunting and treaty rights of the Cherokee.
(b) Defending water rights for the Cherokee Nation.
(c) Defending school financing on the Cherokee Reservation.
(d) Defending marriages on the Cherokee Reservation performed by Native American Ministers.
5. What, according to the author, is one of the finest things about being an Indian?
(a) People are always interested in your "plight."
(b) People like you on sight.
(c) You get to live on a reservation.
(d) It is lucrative to be an American Indian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Senate Interior Committee afraid of after the passage of the Wheeler-Howard act?
2. Which American Indian tribe is the author a member of?
3. How are young Indians connected to anthropologists?
4. How does the Native American Church view death?
5. What do the Indians believe about land?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)