|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What basic principle of man's history, according to the author, did colonists violate?
(a) Certain lands belong to certain peoples.
(b) Never make war with people you do not understand.
(c) Damns are harmful in the long run.
(d) Never steal land from others, they will always get it back.
2. What, according to the author at the end of chapter 1, should the government do about the Indians?
(a) Establish a cultural inclusion policy.
(b) Pass laws removing all federal government from Indian proceedings.
(c) Begin talks with the federal government on land rights.
(d) Establish a cultural leave-us-alone agreement.
3. Who was asked to testify before the Senate Civil Service Committee in 1947?
(a) William Zimmerman.
(c) Frank Wheeler.
(d) Sitting Bull.
4. What did the Bureau of Indian Affairs office in Minneapolis do in Tama, Iowa?
(a) They built a school with no road to it.
(b) They abruptly closed the grade school.
(c) They moved all the reservations in the area to the Tama, Iowa school.
(d) They combined the school in Tama with one in Great Falls.
5. What, according to the author, did the white man discover that the American Indians still owned of value?
(a) 135 million acres of land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is regarded as utter hypocrisy by the Indian people?
2. What, according to the author, is one of the finest things about being an Indian?
3. What is the main conflict of the Northwestern tribes and the government?
4. What kind of groups, according to the author, do people have little sympathy for?
5. What, according to the author, is the problem with the white man's economic system?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)