|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the oldest Indian treaty between the United States and the Seneca tribe?
(a) The Church Treaty.
(b) The Pickering Treaty.
(c) The Allotment Treaty.
(d) The Dawes Treaty.
2. What is the best service offered by the Bureau of Indian Affairs area offices?
(a) Communication with Washington.
(b) Helping with construction projects.
(c) Keeping records.
(d) Posting job openings.
3. What is the joke about the Bureau of Indian Affairs area office in Portland?
(a) That you have to walk through the paperwork.
(b) That the office doesn't exist, it is a mirage.
(c) That you need a crane to see into the office.
(d) That Judge Crater and Amelia Earhart were hidden somewhere in the Portland office.
4. How are young Indians connected to anthropologists?
(a) They have become unwitting missionaries for anthropologists.
(b) They teach anthroplogists about their art.
(c) They assist them in their work.
(d) They teach anthropologists about their culture.
5. Blacks (African Americans) and Indians (American Indians) defines racial problems with one focal point. What is it?
(a) Land rights.
(b) Racial equality.
(c) The government.
(d) The White Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one good, tangible result of Indian participation in the Poor People's Campaign?
2. How, according to the author, has America always viewed other nations?
3. What two tribes seem to have traditional Indian values still intact?
4. What was the survey of 1086 called?
5. Who is the prophet of peace on the Hopi reservation?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)