|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Oglala Sioux become a favorite subject for study by anthropologists?
(a) Because of the vibrant present.
(b) Because of the art history.
(c) Because of their unique way of life.
(d) Because of their romantic past.
2. When the frontier was closed in 1890, what did American enter into next?
(b) The Korean Conflict.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) The Spanish-American War.
3. What, according to the author, did the white man discover that the American Indians still owned of value?
(b) 135 million acres of land.
4. What did the Supreme Court do in June of 1968?
(a) Interpreted an ancient statute in favor of blacks in the matter of purchasing a house.
(b) It ruled in favor of water rights for African Americans.
(c) It ruled in favor of urban development for Indians.
(d) It drained a dam and gave Indians back land on the east coast.
5. How is the top job in the Bureau of Indian Affairs filled?
(a) The House picks the person.
(b) By appointment.
(c) The Senate picks the person.
(d) The person is voted in by the Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to the author, is welfare designed to do?
2. What, according to the author, will happen to America in the end?
3. How many tribal communities get federal services?
4. What was the unfortunate provision in the Wheeler-Howard Act?
5. What is the purpose of the Oklahoma Original Cherokee Community Organization?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)