|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Martin Luther King organize in the spring of 1968?
(a) The African American Coalition.
(b) The Indian Reorganization Act.
(c) The Muslim Speaker.
(d) The Poor People's Campaign.
2. Like the missionaries, what have anthropologists become intolerably certain of?
(a) That they know very little about Indians.
(b) That they need more study of American Indians.
(c) That they need more time with Indians.
(d) That they know the ultimate truth.
3. According to the author, for those whites who do not claim Indian heritage, what asset do they have that connects them with American Indians?
(a) They donate to Indian colleges.
(b) They understand Indians.
(c) They ARE Indians.
(d) They have friends who are Indians.
4. How is the top job in the Bureau of Indian Affairs filled?
(a) By appointment.
(b) The House picks the person.
(c) The person is voted in by the Indians.
(d) The Senate picks the person.
5. What is regarded as utter hypocrisy by the Indian people?
(a) The government caring about the Indian People.
(b) Anthopologists caring about the Indian People.
(c) White Americans caring about the Indian People.
(d) The attempt of churches to appear relevant to the social needs of the 1960's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What provides keen insight into a group's collective psyche?
2. What, according to the joke, is a peace treaty?
3. What did the office of the Bureau of Indian Affairs in Albuquerque, New Mexico do to the Tigua of El Paso?
4. What is the purpose of the Oklahoma Original Cherokee Community Organization?
5. A 1791 Treaty with the Cherokees included what provision?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)