|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the oldest, continuous Indian-run organization?
(a) The League of American Indian Voters.
(b) The League of Nations, Pan American Indians.
(c) The Women's American Indian League.
(d) The Native American Baseball League.
2. What, according to the author, did the white man discover that the American Indians still owned of value?
(a) 135 million acres of land.
3. By 1943, what was the Senate Interior Committee convinced should happen?
(a) All land should be taken from Indians.
(b) The Indian Bureau should be abolished.
(c) Indians should be abolished.
(d) Indians should be compensated for land loss.
4. What has created a feeling of unity among American Indians?
(a) The betrayal of treaty promises.
(b) The Native American College system.
(c) Need for social services.
(d) Brotherhood with a similar history.
5. According to the author, for those whites who do not claim Indian heritage, what asset do they have that connects them with American Indians?
(a) They understand Indians.
(b) They have friends who are Indians.
(c) They ARE Indians.
(d) They donate to Indian colleges.
Short Answer Questions
1. How, according to the author, has America always viewed other nations?
2. How much was the Menominee tribe of Wisconsin awarded?
3. What did the Meriam Report of 1928 show?
4. When whites claim Indian heritage, who do they believe was their ancestor?
5. What was the unfortunate provision in the Wheeler-Howard Act?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)