|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What French rationalist did the House Interior Committee use as a basis for their study of Indian Affairs?
(a) Mme. Frankser.
(b) Fred Callings.
(c) Rene Descartes.
(d) Blount Concur.
2. When the Wheeler-Howard act was passed, what did the Indians experience for the first time in half a century?
(b) Social services.
(c) Social welfare.
(d) New schools.
3. Once Dillon Myer took over, what was the policy instated from Commissioner to field clerk regarding Indians?
(a) Get them money as quickly as possible.
(b) Get rid of them as quickly as possible.
(c) Get them health care as quickly as possible.
(d) Get their land as quickly as possible.
4. What provision did Watkins attach to the bill for the Menominee distribution of judgment money?
(a) A provision of termination.
(b) A provision for mineral rights.
(c) A provision for water rights.
(d) A provision for hunting rights.
5. What does not overlap across state boundaries?
(c) Treaty rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "first" did the Treaty of August 5, 1826 enact?
2. What political aspirations did the Seneca's accuse the government of having regarding the oldest Indian treaty?
3. Which group of Indians did Arthur Watkins target first in his work for the government?
4. What happened to the oldest treaty between the U.S. and the Seneca tribe?
5. What was the survey of 1086 called?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)