|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author believe is active in the private sector?
2. What was the decision about the Pottawatomie of Kansas during the time of termination?
(a) Better to have them expire as private citizens than let anyone know how badly they had been treated.
(b) To move them to Missouri.
(c) To combine them with tribes in Oklahoma.
(d) To get them better hospitals and roads.
3. What principle did the case of Lone Wolf vs. Hitchcock put forth?
(a) That the tribes have no title to the land at all, only occupancy rights.
(b) That the tribes could give their land away if they wished.
(c) That the tribes rent land from the government.
(d) That the tribes had titles of ownership to all land.
4. What traditional Republican myth did Watkins insist on regarding the Indians?
(a) The Indians want to control their own destiny.
(b) That the state would be more efficient than the Federal Government in caring for them.
(c) The Indians would be better off on their own, without government involvement.
(d) The Indians should become Christian.
5. What year did the Congressional policy of termination begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the Indians of Canada different from the American Indians?
2. How much was the Menominee tribe of Wisconsin awarded?
3. What happened to most of the treaties in the far west of the country?
4. Who saved the Florida Seminoles from termination?
5. According to the author, for those whites who do not claim Indian heritage, what asset do they have that connects them with American Indians?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)