|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What television series began in 1967 that Indians fought to have banned?
(a) A series on Davy Crockett.
(b) A series on Custer.
(c) A series on Kennedy.
(d) A series on Lewis and Clark.
2. When Watkins visited the Menominee, what did he compare the living conditions to?
(a) Hiroshima after the atomic bomb.
(b) Pearl Harbor after the Japanese attack.
(c) War torn Italy.
(d) The refugee camps of the Near East after World War II.
3. When does the author believe was the last time that true democracy was alive among Indian tribes?
(a) Pre-Columbian days.
(c) The 1960s.
4. Who saved the Florida Seminoles from termination?
(b) The D.A.R. or Daughters of the American Revolution.
(c) The governor of Florida.
(d) Arthur Watkins.
5. What does the author believe is active in the private sector?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Utah get the Indians in their state to agree to termination?
2. What "first" did the Treaty of August 5, 1826 enact?
3. Who signed the original treaties with the Northwest Coast American Indians?
4. What have tribes discovered that they must do to make themselves heard?
5. What were the findings of the House Interior Committee headed by Karl Mundt?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)