|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group of Indians did Arthur Watkins target first in his work for the government?
(a) The Cheyenne.
(b) Indians in his home state of Utah.
(c) Indians east of the Mississippi.
(d) Southwest Indians.
2. What happened to most of the treaties in the far west of the country?
(a) The written documents never made it back to Washington.
(b) They were never ratified by Congress.
(c) They were never broken and followed carefully.
(d) The field offices lost the written documents years ago.
3. What "Civilized" Tribe is among the poorest people in America?
(a) The Zuni.
(b) The Apache.
(c) The Cherokee.
(d) The Choctaw.
4. By 1943, what was the Senate Interior Committee convinced should happen?
(a) Indians should be abolished.
(b) All land should be taken from Indians.
(c) Indians should be compensated for land loss.
(d) The Indian Bureau should be abolished.
5. Who signed the original treaties with the Northwest Coast American Indians?
(a) Theodore Roosevelt.
(b) Isaac Stevens.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) George Bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the Indians of Canada different from the American Indians?
2. Why did the Klamath Bill have to be amended?
3. A 1791 Treaty with the Cherokees included what provision?
4. What does the author believe is active in the private sector?
5. How many tribal communities get federal services?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)