|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened over time to young Indian men who wanted to enter the ministry?
(a) They were rejected.
(b) They became Methodist ministers.
(c) They became priests in the Catholic Church.
(d) They were sent away to school.
2. What does the author believe is active in the private sector?
3. How did Utah get the Indians in their state to agree to termination?
(a) They tripled their land mass.
(b) Utah promised them recognition by the federal government of their tribal marriages.
(c) They told the Indians that the state would be running their services and it would be more efficient.
(d) They offered them money in return for termination.
4. What did the Meriam Report of 1928 show?
(a) That Indian tribes had great schools.
(b) That Indian tribes were flourishing.
(c) That Indian tribes were unifying.
(d) That Indian tribes were in the final stages of demise.
5. Who appointed Dillon Myer as Commissioner of Indian Affairs?
(a) President Eisenhower.
(b) President Roosevelt.
(c) President Truman.
(d) President Nixon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Arthur Watkins?
2. What favorite hymn surprised old warriors in church?
3. Who did missionaries believe the American Indians were when they connected their religion with the tribes they encountered?
4. Which American Indian tribe is the author a member of?
5. What "first" did the Treaty of August 5, 1826 enact?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)