|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Indians looked at pictures of the Disciples, what were they surprised to find?
(a) Their shoulder-length hair.
(b) Their white faces.
(c) Their brown faces.
(d) Their short hair.
2. What French rationalist did the House Interior Committee use as a basis for their study of Indian Affairs?
(a) Rene Descartes.
(b) Blount Concur.
(c) Mme. Frankser.
(d) Fred Callings.
3. What was the decision about the Pottawatomie of Kansas during the time of termination?
(a) Better to have them expire as private citizens than let anyone know how badly they had been treated.
(b) To get them better hospitals and roads.
(c) To move them to Missouri.
(d) To combine them with tribes in Oklahoma.
4. What "Civilized" Tribe is among the poorest people in America?
(a) The Apache.
(b) The Choctaw.
(c) The Cherokee.
(d) The Zuni.
5. What is one of the main beliefs of the Indians about their religion?
(a) There is no distinciton made between religion and life's other activities.
(b) It holds a separate place in Indian society and the lines are never crossed.
(c) That religious ceremonies are important and should be done daily.
(d) That religion must be done in a group.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "first" did the Treaty of August 5, 1826 enact?
2. How many tribal communities get federal services?
3. How did the government get the Klamaths to agree to termination?
4. What were the findings of the House Interior Committee headed by Karl Mundt?
5. Who signed the original treaties with the Northwest Coast American Indians?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)