|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Native American Church use in its sacramental worship life?
(b) Prayer shawls.
(c) The peyote button.
2. What does the author believe anthropologists should do in the future?
(a) Learn the art of the Indians and give up anthropology.
(b) Stop researching and preying on the Indian, and start helping.
(c) Start writing everything down.
(d) Stop worrying about publishing and live among the Indians.
3. When death is unreal, how does this affect violence?
(a) Violence becomes more real.
(b) Violence becomes unreal too.
(c) Violence becomes easy.
(d) Violence become natural.
4. Why, according to the author, do anthropologists never carry a writing instrument?
(a) Because the ink dries up in the sun.
(b) Because they would rather record than write for accuracy.
(c) Because they are afraid they will hurt a child with it.
(d) Because they already know what they are going to find.
5. What were the findings of the House Interior Committee headed by Karl Mundt?
(a) The Wheeler-Howard act needed an amendment for money to build new schools.
(b) The Wheeler-Howard act was working well.
(c) The Wheeler-Howard act was not accomplishing the task of bringing the Indian people up to the level of their white neighbors.
(d) The Wheeler-Howard act was a success.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once a church was assigned to a reservation, what happened to the other churches?
2. What happened over time to young Indian men who wanted to enter the ministry?
3. Why did the Oglala Sioux become a favorite subject for study by anthropologists?
4. Which group of Indians did Arthur Watkins target first in his work for the government?
5. What is the purpose of the Oklahoma Original Cherokee Community Organization?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)