|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main problem for the Plains Indians?
(a) They spend all day making eagle warbonnets.
(b) They have no water.
(c) They still want to go to war.
(d) An inadequate land base that continues to shrink because of land sales.
2. What happened to most of the treaties in the far west of the country?
(a) They were never broken and followed carefully.
(b) They were never ratified by Congress.
(c) The written documents never made it back to Washington.
(d) The field offices lost the written documents years ago.
3. Who saved the Florida Seminoles from termination?
(a) The governor of Florida.
(b) The D.A.R. or Daughters of the American Revolution.
(d) Arthur Watkins.
4. What do the Indians believe about land?
(a) That it can be shared.
(b) That it is the mother of all.
(c) That it belongs to everyone.
(d) That it is not very important.
5. What phrases does Mr. Farb continue to use when talking about Indians?
(a) Test tubes and living laboratories.
(b) Stupid and slow.
(c) Below standard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did early treaties allow the tribes to do to white men violating their laws and borders?
2. What was the result of Christian missions on the reservations?
3. What is regarded as utter hypocrisy by the Indian people?
4. What "Civilized" Tribe is among the poorest people in America?
5. What had Dillon Myer been in charge of during World War II?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)