|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the survey of 1086 called?
(a) The Peasant Survey.
(b) The Domesday Survey.
(c) The Middle Ages Survey.
(d) The Century Survey.
2. What provision did Watkins attach to the bill for the Menominee distribution of judgment money?
(a) A provision for hunting rights.
(b) A provision for water rights.
(c) A provision of termination.
(d) A provision for mineral rights.
3. Who was Arthur Watkins?
(a) A Mormon named as head the Indian subcommittees in the Senate and House.
(b) President Truman's Chief of Staff.
(c) The chairman appointed to run the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
(d) A poet who wrote about the Indian problems.
4. What did Louie Sitting Crow do for fun?
(a) Help tourists gas their vehicles.
(b) Give money and food to tourists.
(c) Tell tourists about Indian fokelore.
(d) Watch the tourists who traveled Highway 16 on their way to the Black Hills.
5. Once a church was assigned to a reservation, what happened to the other churches?
(a) They could also build a church on the same reservation.
(b) Other churches could talk to members of the reservation to try to gain access.
(c) Other churches could invite Indians to worship on their reservation.
(d) They were prohibited from entering a reservation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the result of Christian missions on the reservations?
2. What French rationalist did the House Interior Committee use as a basis for their study of Indian Affairs?
3. What is one of the main beliefs of the Indians about their religion?
4. When the buffalo were gone, what did the Sioux eat to keep from starving?
5. Who appointed Dillon Myer as Commissioner of Indian Affairs?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)