|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the prophet of peace on the Hopi reservation?
(b) Thomas Banyaca.
(c) Papovi Da.
(d) Sitting Bull.
2. Who appointed Dillon Myer as Commissioner of Indian Affairs?
(a) President Roosevelt.
(b) President Nixon.
(c) President Truman.
(d) President Eisenhower.
3. When Watkins visited the Menominee, what did he compare the living conditions to?
(a) Hiroshima after the atomic bomb.
(b) Pearl Harbor after the Japanese attack.
(c) War torn Italy.
(d) The refugee camps of the Near East after World War II.
4. When the buffalo were gone, what did the Sioux eat to keep from starving?
5. What is the highest form of behavior in the Native American Church?
(a) To share one's goods.
(b) To tend to the sick.
(c) To pray.
(d) To be in church on Sundays.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1967, where was the conference on Manpower held?
2. When the Wheeler-Howard act was passed, what did the Indians experience for the first time in half a century?
3. Who saved the Florida Seminoles from termination?
4. What did Indians joke about when asked what the country was called before "America?"
5. What provides keen insight into a group's collective psyche?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)