|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the enemy in Wesley's speech in Act One?
(a) His sister.
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
2. Where is Emma going to go?
(a) North Dakota.
(c) Baja, California.
(d) New York.
3. What does Ella have in her hand when she enters in Act One?
(a) A wheelbarrow.
(c) An alarm clock.
(d) A door.
4. What does Ella say you should never do if you are bleeding?
(a) Stop it.
(b) Go to the hospital.
(c) Go swimming.
(d) Go to school.
5. What does Ella suggest Emma do instead of her list of jobs?
6. Who does Wesley say does not come yet in Act One?
(a) Santa Claus.
(b) His father.
(c) The lawyer.
7. According to Taylor, where do people in India live?
(a) Under the street.
(b) In mansions.
(c) In shacks.
(d) Under banana leaves.
8. How does Emma describe Taylor?
9. What is Emma too young to do?
(a) Ride a horse.
(b) Kill a chicken.
(c) Leave home.
10. What does Weston go to check on in Act One?
(a) His desert land.
(b) His second house.
(c) His job.
(d) His second family.
11. What ailment does the animal that Wesley brings into the kitchen have?
12. Where does Wesley's father sleep previously?
(a) In the car.
(b) On the porch swing.
(c) On the front lawn.
(d) In the garden.
13. What type of uniform is Emma wearing in Act One?
(a) 4-H Club.
(b) Gas station attendant.
(c) Candy striper.
(d) Girl Scouts.
14. What does Weston run into in Act One?
(a) A fence.
(b) The front door.
(c) Garbage cans.
(d) The kitchen table.
15. Who is Taylor's occupation?
(a) Ella's husband.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A club owner.
(d) A land owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What class does the family not belong to, according to Emma?
2. What does Wesley smell in Act One?
3. What does Weston stack on the table?
4. Who does Ella call the previous night?
5. What time does Ella say she falls asleep in Act One?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)