|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tituba say she and her "roommate" are doing in the room in Act 4?
2. When John Proctor is doubtful of Rebecca Nurse's guilt, Hale reminds him of something. What is it?
3. When John Proctor gets home from seeding the farm, he learns that Mary has been gone all day. Where was she?
4. Who is Tituba sharing a room with?
5. In Act 4, Elizabeth tells John that a number of people have already confessed. How many?
Essay Topic 1
This play is centered around the blame game. When Abigail is afraid of trouble she blames Tituba. When Tituba feels threatened she blames Sarah Good. Witchcraft is a scapegoat for the death of Mrs. Putnam's children. Some claim that American's lack personal responsibility. To what extent is this an accurate statement about American society today? Use specific examples from the play and modern life to support all claims.
Essay Topic 2
What is the most important lesson to be learned from this play? Use specific examples to support all claims.
Essay Topic 3
Abigail may be considered an unlikable character. But some would argue that she acted badly due to a lack of love and guidance. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Is Abigail a true villain, or merely a victim of circumstance?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)