Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tituba say she and her "roommate" are doing in the room in Act 4?
2. When John Proctor is doubtful of Rebecca Nurse's guilt, Hale reminds him of something. What is it?
3. When John Proctor gets home from seeding the farm, he learns that Mary has been gone all day. Where was she?
4. Who is Tituba sharing a room with?
5. In Act 4, Elizabeth tells John that a number of people have already confessed. How many?
Select one character and analyze how the theme of blame and guilt applies to that character.
Several characters in the play, like Parris are extremely concerned about their reputation. To what extent are we all just victims of reputation? How do labels and the society around us affect our behavior and the way we see ourselves? Is this natural human focus on reputation a benefit or a disadvantage or both?
Most of the victims accused of witchcraft in this play are women. Women are often associated with witchcraft more than men in movies and books as well. What are the political, social, or other reasons for this? To what extent is this a positive or a negative gender connection? Use specific examples to explain and support all claims.
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)