Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tituba say she and her "roommate" are doing in the room in Act 4?
2. When John Proctor is doubtful of Rebecca Nurse's guilt, Hale reminds him of something. What is it?
3. When John Proctor gets home from seeding the farm, he learns that Mary has been gone all day. Where was she?
4. Who is Tituba sharing a room with?
5. In Act 4, Elizabeth tells John that a number of people have already confessed. How many?
Essay Topic 1
How is witchcraft viewed in modern society? Compare and contrast the witches in the Crucible to a modern "witch." The student can use characters from movies, fiction, non-fiction, and television shows in his/her answer.
Essay Topic 2
In Act 4, Elizabeth wants Proctor to have a chance to forgive himself. She has already forgiven him. What other characters could benefit from acts of forgiveness? How might it have changed the way things turned out? Could forgiveness change our modern world? In what ways?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one character from the play. To what extent does selfishness lead this character through the play? Does this self-focus serve as an advantage or a disadvantage to that character? How do the other characters view this selfish behavior? What is Miller trying to tell the reader by using the theme of selfishness with this character? Use specific examples to support all claims.
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)