|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tituba say she and her "roommate" are doing in the room in Act 4?
2. When John Proctor is doubtful of Rebecca Nurse's guilt, Hale reminds him of something. What is it?
3. When John Proctor gets home from seeding the farm, he learns that Mary has been gone all day. Where was she?
4. Who is Tituba sharing a room with?
5. In Act 4, Elizabeth tells John that a number of people have already confessed. How many?
Essay Topic 1
Most of the victims accused of witchcraft in this play are women. Women are often associated with witchcraft more than men in movies and books as well. What are the political, social, or other reasons for this? To what extent is this a positive or a negative gender connection? Use specific examples to explain and support all claims.
Essay Topic 2
In America, we speak highly of a separation of church and state. Was this separation made in these trials? Is this lack of separation still a problem in this country? Choose specific examples to support all claims.
Essay Topic 3
What is the most important lesson to be learned from this play? Use specific examples to support all claims.
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)