Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tituba say she and her "roommate" are doing in the room in Act 4?
2. When John Proctor is doubtful of Rebecca Nurse's guilt, Hale reminds him of something. What is it?
3. When John Proctor gets home from seeding the farm, he learns that Mary has been gone all day. Where was she?
4. Who is Tituba sharing a room with?
5. In Act 4, Elizabeth tells John that a number of people have already confessed. How many?
Essay Topic 1
A martyr is someone willing to undergo intense suffering on principle. What character/s in this play might be considered martyrs? Use specific examples to support all claims.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one character from the play. To what extent does selfishness lead this character through the play? Does this self-focus serve as an advantage or a disadvantage to that character? How do the other characters view this selfish behavior? What is Miller trying to tell the reader by using the theme of selfishness with this character? Use specific examples to support all claims.
Essay Topic 3
Abigail was a servant and Tituba a slave. Yet, by the end of the play both young women wield a great deal of power. Consider other events in American history when formerly repressed groups quickly take on power. What are the similarities/difference? How is power gained and lost so easily? To what extent does guilt and blame play a role?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)