|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mary returns from court, in Act 2 she complains about something. What is it?
(b) A swollen ankle.
2. How are the people in the trial "tested" for witchcraft?
(a) If the girls scream, they are jailed.
(b) If they dance and the kettle is still they are innocent.
(c) If they float in a lake, they are innocent.
(d) If they dance and the kettle moves they are guilty.
3. Who orders John Proctor to be executed despite his confession?
4. Danforth asks John Proctor if he has seen Rebecca Nurse with someone. Who is it?
(a) Mr. Putnam.
(d) Reverand Parris.
5. In Act 4, Elizabeth tells John that a number of people have already confessed. How many?
(b) One hundred.
(d) Two hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rebecca Nurse charged with?
2. Why is Herrick acting strangely when he visits Tituba and Sarah Good?
3. In court, Abigail claims that Mary is bewitching her by doing what to her?
4. Who attacks Mary during the Which trial in Act 2?
5. Who is the clerk of the court?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)