|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Giles Corey's final words?
(a) "More weight."
(b) "Forgive me."
(c) "More life."
(d) "She lies."
2. When John Proctor is doubtful of Rebecca Nurse's guilt, Hale reminds him of something. What is it?
(a) That Rebecca Nurse killed those poor children.
(b) That satan too, was once an angel.
(c) The Rebecca Nurse was no angel.
(d) That Rebecca Nurse has had conversations with Satan.
3. Who is the clerk of the court?
(a) Mr. Cheever.
(b) Mr. Herrick.
(c) Giles Corey.
(d) Mr. Putnam.
4. The Proctors have a surprise visitor in Act 2. Who is it?
(b) Rebecca Nurse.
(c) Mrs. Putnam.
5. Why does Giles lose his case accusing Mr. Putnam of making a land grab?
(a) He doesn't have any evidence.
(b) He refuses to identify his witness.
(c) He has been bewitched.
(d) His witnesses are too scared to testify.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cheever accuse John Proctor of doing on the Sabbath?
2. Who orders John Proctor to be executed despite his confession?
3. When Mary returns from court, in Act 2 she complains about something. What is it?
4. What do Abigail and the girls do to scare Mary into denouncing John Proctor?
5. John Proctor says people will admit to anything when this is the alternative. What is it?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)