|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tituba say she and her "roommate" are doing in the room in Act 4?
(a) Waiting for a visit from Abigail.
(b) Waiting for the jailer to set them free.
(c) Waiting for the devil to fly them to Barbados.
(d) Waiting for Hale to bless them.
2. What does Cheever accuse John Proctor of doing on the Sabbath?
3. Elizabeth asks that no one mention this word to her children. What is it?
4. At the beginning of Act 2, Elizabeth is upset with her husband. Why?
(a) He gave Abigail a gift.
(b) He told Abigail to come to dinner.
(c) He was late for dinner.
(d) He was alone with Abigail.
5. According to Parris, how many days per month does John Proctor attend church?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary gives Elizabeth a gift after spending all day at court. What is it?
2. John Proctor tears something to pieces in Act 2. What is it?
3. What are the farmers fighting over when Parris is trying to help them?
4. Giles tries to defend his wife. What does he accuse Mr. Putnam of?
5. Who is worried that Rebecca Nurse and John Proctor will be executed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Danforth asks Mary to do something to prove that she was faking with the other girls. What is it and does she do it?
2. Describe Tituba's state of mind at the opening of Act 4.
3. In nearby Andover, the courts were overthrown and now Parris wants Danforth to delay any more trials. What is he worried about?
4. In Act 2, what is Elizabeth Proctor accused of doing to Abigail?
5. Why is John Proctor angry at Mary Warren?
6. What do we learn about Abigail in Act 4?
7. Why does Elizabeth lie when asked about her husband's relationship with Abigail?
8. Toward the end of Act 3, John Proctor finally attacks Abigail physically in court. What sends him over the edge?
9. What is Giles' wife accused of when she is arrested for witchcraft?
10. Elizabeth is worried that Abigail will do something and she turns out to be right. What is it?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)