|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Giles lose his case accusing Mr. Putnam of making a land grab?
(a) He refuses to identify his witness.
(b) His witnesses are too scared to testify.
(c) He has been bewitched.
(d) He doesn't have any evidence.
2. When John Proctor is doubtful of Rebecca Nurse's guilt, Hale reminds him of something. What is it?
(a) The Rebecca Nurse was no angel.
(b) That Rebecca Nurse has had conversations with Satan.
(c) That satan too, was once an angel.
(d) That Rebecca Nurse killed those poor children.
3. What animal does Tituba hear outside of the room she is staying in?
(a) A pig.
(b) A frog.
(c) A cow.
(d) A spider.
4. Which one of the girls caught in the forest admits they made it all up?
5. What is Rebecca Nurse charged with?
(a) The murder of Ruth and Betty.
(b) The murder of Giles Corey.
(c) The murder of Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) The murder of the Putnam children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to calm Giles when he is removed from the vestry?
2. What surprising thing is learned about Elizabeth Proctor in Act 3?
3. Mary is upset and crying at the end of Act 2. Why?
4. In the end of Act 3, someone calls John Proctor "the devil's man" and betrays him. Who is it?
5. What is Hale doing at the prison in Act 4?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)