|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is pregnant?
(a) Mrs. Putnam.
(b) Rebecca Nurse.
(c) Mary Warren.
(d) Elizabeth Proctor.
2. Who is Tituba sharing a room with?
(a) Sarah Good.
(c) Goody Osbourne.
(d) Rebecca Nurse.
3. John Proctor says there is only one thing keeping him from confessing. What is it?
(a) He won't confess until Elizabeth confesses.
(b) He won't confess because he is innocent.
(c) He won't confess out of spite.
(d) He won't confess until Abigail is executed.
4. Early in Act 3, John Proctor hands Danforth something in court. What is it?
(a) The deed to Parris' house.
(b) A signed deposition.
(c) An arrest warrant.
(d) A kettle with a frog in it.
5. Why is Hathorne suspicious of Hale?
(a) He believes Hale contributed to the uprising in Andover.
(b) He believes Hale is trying to help Tituba escape.
(c) He thinks Hale is under the devil's spell.
(d) He thinks Hale is a crook.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Mary Warren?
2. How was Giles Corey tortured?
3. How many character witnesses are on John Proctor's list?
4. What does Cheever accuse John Proctor of doing on the Sabbath?
5. What does John Proctor refuse to do for Danforth?
Short Essay Questions
1. John Proctor will confess verbally, but won't sign the confession. Why?
2. Describe Tituba's state of mind at the opening of Act 4.
3. Danforth asks Mary to do something to prove that she was faking with the other girls. What is it and does she do it?
4. The town of Salem isn't doing well. What are some examples of how bad things have gotten since the trials?
5. What commandment does John Proctor forget and why?
6. Why is Danforth suspicious of Hale?
7. Who is the only person that cares that John Proctor and Giles don't have lawyers? Why is he concerned?
8. Elizabeth is worried that Abigail will do something and she turns out to be right. What is it?
9. John Proctor brings a long list of witnesses to attest to the fact that his wife and others never associated with the devil. Why is this list not helpful?
10. What do we learn about Abigail in Act 4?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)