|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who doesn't believe Mary when she says she created the doll?
(c) Marshall Herrick.
(d) Mrs. Putnam.
2. What does Tituba say she and her "roommate" are doing in the room in Act 4?
(a) Waiting for the jailer to set them free.
(b) Waiting for Hale to bless them.
(c) Waiting for the devil to fly them to Barbados.
(d) Waiting for a visit from Abigail.
3. When John Proctor is doubtful of Rebecca Nurse's guilt, Hale reminds him of something. What is it?
(a) That Rebecca Nurse killed those poor children.
(b) The Rebecca Nurse was no angel.
(c) That Rebecca Nurse has had conversations with Satan.
(d) That satan too, was once an angel.
4. If the accused character is found to be pregnant, how long will she be spared?
(a) Six months.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
5. Cheever and Herrick arrive at the Proctor's with an arrest warrant. Who is it for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rebecca Nurse charged with?
2. Why does John Proctor "forget" one of the commandments?
3. Giles regrets telling Hale that his wife did something. What is it?
4. Who does Parris reveal that Abigail disappeared with?
5. Early in Act 3, John Proctor hands Danforth something in court. What is it?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Parris visits the prison, he appears tired and stressed out. Why?
2. In nearby Andover, the courts were overthrown and now Parris wants Danforth to delay any more trials. What is he worried about?
3. Why is Danforth suspicious of Hale?
4. Describe Tituba's state of mind at the opening of Act 4.
5. Hale is suspicious of John Proctor's religious commitment. Why?
6. What is Giles' wife accused of when she is arrested for witchcraft?
7. What will happen to Elizabeth now that she might be pregnant?
8. Toward the end of Act 3, John Proctor finally attacks Abigail physically in court. What sends him over the edge?
9. Why won't Danforth just pardon Rebecca Nurse?
10. In Act 2, what is Elizabeth Proctor accused of doing to Abigail?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)