|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Mary Warren?
2. Danforth asks John Proctor if he has seen Rebecca Nurse with someone. Who is it?
(a) Mr. Putnam.
(c) Reverand Parris.
3. Mary gives Elizabeth a gift after spending all day at court. What is it?
(a) A doll.
(b) A candied apple.
(c) A stuffed bear.
(d) A gavel.
4. Who is the first person in Act 3 to claim to have proof that the girls are lying?
(c) Mr. Putnam.
5. Who denounces the court at the end of Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims the list of witnesses is an attack on the court?
2. Who says that if John Proctor is executed he will consider himself a murderer?
3. Which male character is arrested at the end of Act 3?
4. Which one of the girls caught in the forest admits they made it all up?
5. Early in Act 3, John Proctor hands Danforth something in court. What is it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What commandment does John Proctor forget and why?
2. Why doesn't Hale believe John Proctor when he tells Hale that Abigail admitted they were just dancing and not practicing any witchcraft?
3. Who is the only person that cares that John Proctor and Giles don't have lawyers? Why is he concerned?
4. What do we learn about Abigail in Act 4?
5. Describe Tituba's state of mind at the opening of Act 4.
6. John Proctor brings a long list of witnesses to attest to the fact that his wife and others never associated with the devil. Why is this list not helpful?
7. In Act 2, what is Elizabeth Proctor accused of doing to Abigail?
8. What is Giles' wife accused of when she is arrested for witchcraft?
9. When Parris visits the prison, he appears tired and stressed out. Why?
10. In nearby Andover, the courts were overthrown and now Parris wants Danforth to delay any more trials. What is he worried about?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)