|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was stolen from Parris' strongbox?
(a) Thirty-one pounds.
(b) Thirty-three pounds.
(c) Three hundred pounds.
(d) Thirty pounds.
2. Mary is upset and crying at the end of Act 2. Why?
(a) John Proctor insists that she not go to court ever again.
(b) John Proctor insists that she cook for everyone in the house.
(c) John Proctor insists that she take the doll back.
(d) John Proctor insists that she appear in court.
3. Which male character is arrested at the end of Act 3?
(a) Giles Corey.
(b) John Proctor.
(c) Mr. Putnam.
(d) Reverand Hale.
4. Who says that if John Proctor is executed he will consider himself a murderer?
5. Why does John Proctor "forget" one of the commandments?
(a) He is old and forgetful.
(b) He feels guilty.
(c) He is stressed out.
(d) He is uncomfortable saying them in front of Hale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Elizabeth asks that no one mention this word to her children. What is it?
2. Why doesn't Elizabeth admit that she fired Abigail for having an affair with her husband?
3. What were Giles Corey's final words?
4. Who denounces the court at the end of Act 3?
5. Why won't Danforth pardon the accused?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)