|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attacks Mary during the Which trial in Act 2?
(a) Sarah Good.
(b) Goody Osbourne.
(d) Rebecca Nurse.
2. Who denounces the court at the end of Act 3?
3. Who tries to calm Giles when he is removed from the vestry?
(c) John Proctor.
(d) Mr. Putnam.
4. What is incriminating about the doll found in John Proctor's house toward the end of Act 2?
(a) A woman of Elizabeth's age shouldn't be playing with dolls.
(b) Elizabeth created the doll as a Voodoo tool.
(c) Mary stuck the doll with a needle in order to hurt Abigail.
(d) It has a needle in it and Abigail was found with a needle in her stomach.
5. Why does John Proctor "forget" one of the commandments?
(a) He is stressed out.
(b) He is uncomfortable saying them in front of Hale.
(c) He feels guilty.
(d) He is old and forgetful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cheever and Herrick arrive at the Proctor's with an arrest warrant. Who is it for?
2. What is Rebecca Nurse charged with?
3. Who says that if John Proctor is executed he will consider himself a murderer?
4. In court, Abigail claims that Mary is bewitching her by doing what to her?
5. When John Proctor is doubtful of Rebecca Nurse's guilt, Hale reminds him of something. What is it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Toward the end of Act 3, John Proctor finally attacks Abigail physically in court. What sends him over the edge?
2. Danforth asks Mary to do something to prove that she was faking with the other girls. What is it and does she do it?
3. What commandment does John Proctor forget and why?
4. Elizabeth is worried that Abigail will do something and she turns out to be right. What is it?
5. What is Giles' wife accused of when she is arrested for witchcraft?
6. What do we learn about Abigail in Act 4?
7. In Act 2, what is Elizabeth Proctor accused of doing to Abigail?
8. Hale is suspicious of John Proctor's religious commitment. Why?
9. John Proctor brings a long list of witnesses to attest to the fact that his wife and others never associated with the devil. Why is this list not helpful?
10. When Parris visits the prison, he appears tired and stressed out. Why?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)