|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to calm Giles when he is removed from the vestry?
(a) Mr. Putnam.
(c) John Proctor.
2. What does Danforth ask Mary to do to prove that she and the girls are lying?
(a) Pretend to be paralyzed.
(b) Pretend to faint.
(c) Pretend to be bewitched.
(d) Pretend to shiver.
3. When Elizabeth is asked why she fired Abigail, what does she say?
(a) She fired Abigail for trying to kill her.
(b) She fired Abigail for being lazy.
(c) She fired Abigail out of jealousy.
(d) She fired Abigail for witchcraft.
4. Elizabeth asks that no one mention this word to her children. What is it?
5. In Act 4, Elizabeth tells John that a number of people have already confessed. How many?
(a) Two hundred.
(b) One hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Mary Warren?
2. Mary is upset and crying at the end of Act 2. Why?
3. What does Tituba say she and her "roommate" are doing in the room in Act 4?
4. Who physically attacks Abigail in court?
5. Why doesn't Elizabeth admit that she fired Abigail for having an affair with her husband?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)