|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of Mrs. Putnam's children have died?
2. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
(c) Supernatural causes.
3. Where did Hale find a witch the year before the current action in the play?
4. In what room are psalms being sung in Act 1?
(a) The living room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The parlor.
(d) The den.
5. Where are Abigail's parents?
(a) They are friends with Parris.
(b) They are traveling.
(c) They died.
(d) They disappeared.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims Tituba has knowledge of conjuration?
2. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
3. How many people does Tituba claim to have seen with the devil?
4. What does Abigail accuse Tituba of making her do?
5. Who complains that he/she is living in "poverty"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Parris really living in poverty?
2. There is a disagreement about the kettle in the forest. Who disagrees and what about?
3. Why did Mrs. Putnam ask Ruth and Tituba to go into the forest?
4. Were Betty and Abigail really just dancing in the forest?
5. Why is Rebecca Nurse able to calm Betty?
6. Parris asks Hale to come to Salem to figure out why the Betty and Ruth are sick. Why does he call Hale and not another doctor?
7. Describe John Proctor.
8. To what extent is Betty really sick?
9. Giles tells Hale that John Proctor doesn't believe in witches. What is John Proctor's response?
10. Where is Betty's mother in Act 1?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)