|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims Tituba has knowledge of conjuration?
(a) Mrs. Putnam.
(b) Mr. Putnam.
(c) Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) Rebecca Nurse.
2. What two things does Tituba say the devil claimed he would give her if she did what he asked?
(a) Food and water.
(b) Clothing and shelter.
(c) Her freedom and a way back to Barbados.
(d) Money and fame.
3. Giles Corey feels Parris is too concerned with wealth. What does he offer as an example?
(a) Parris asked for the deed to his own house.
(b) Parris wanted to be paid on a monthly basis.
(c) Parris asked for extra firewood.
(d) Parris asked for a four bedroom home.
4. How does John Proctor describe Parris' sermons?
(a) As "hellfire and bloody damnation" sermons.
(b) As "guilt and sin" sermons.
(c) As "light and fluffy" sermons.
(d) As "fire and brimstone" sermons.
5. How many miles does John Proctor live from the church?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Parris live before he moved to Salem?
2. Which character announces he/she doesn't believe in witches?
3. What does Betty wake from her trance to do?
4. Who thinks Ruth and Betty are simply suffering from a childish fit?
5. What does Abigail accuse Tituba of making her do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abigail dislike Elizabeth Proctor so much?
2. When Reverend Hale first arrives, he enters Parris' home carrying something. What is he carrying and why would the author choose this object for this character?
3. Who probably has the most rights to the firewood, John Proctor or Mr. Putnam?
4. There is a disagreement about the kettle in the forest. Who disagrees and what about?
5. Why was Abigail really fired from being a servant to the Proctors?
6. Why could Abigail be considered a mean character?
7. Giles asks Hale about his wife's behavior. What is he concerned about?
8. Why might Mr. Putnam be suspicious of Sarah Good?
9. Why do John Proctor and Mr. Putnam not like one another?
10. To what extent is Betty really sick?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)