|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tituba "admit" the devil told her to do?
(a) Kill Parris.
(b) Kill Sarah Good.
(c) Make Abigail drink blood.
(d) Dance around the fire.
2. What does Abigail say she does for John Proctor every night?
(a) Dances for him.
(b) Cleans his kitchen.
(c) Rubs his feet.
(d) Waits for him.
3. Who complains that he/she is living in "poverty"?
(d) Rebecca Nurse.
4. What does Tituba know will happen to her if she doesn't "confess."
(a) She will be thrown out.
(b) She will be beaten.
(c) She will be forced to work for the Parris family forever.
(d) She will be killed.
5. How old is Abigail?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who believes Ruth's condition is the work of Satan?
2. What does Rebecca Nurse say say is afflicting Ruth and Betty?
3. What does Abigail threaten to do to the girls if they admit to more than dancing?
4. Where did Parris live before he moved to Salem?
5. John Proctor scolds Mary at the beginning of Act 1. What has she done that makes him angry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Were Betty and Abigail really just dancing in the forest?
2. Why does Abigail dislike Elizabeth Proctor so much?
3. Why was Abigail really fired from being a servant to the Proctors?
4. Parris asks Hale to come to Salem to figure out why the Betty and Ruth are sick. Why does he call Hale and not another doctor?
5. According to whom would Betty's scream be evidence of witchcraft and why?
6. Rebecca suggests that they put their faith in "God and the doctor." Why is this an ironic statement?
7. Who probably has the most rights to the firewood, John Proctor or Mr. Putnam?
8. Is Parris's main concern only for his daughter's health?
9. Why might John Proctor not attend Parris' sermons?
10. Does Tituba come up with the idea of other townspeople talking to the devil?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)