|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Proctor do for a living?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is owns a grocery store.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a coal miner.
2. What does Abigail threaten to do to the girls if they admit to more than dancing?
(a) She will tell on them.
(b) She will kill them.
(c) She will beat them.
(d) She will run away.
3. Giles Corey feels Parris is too concerned with wealth. What does he offer as an example?
(a) Parris asked for the deed to his own house.
(b) Parris asked for extra firewood.
(c) Parris wanted to be paid on a monthly basis.
(d) Parris asked for a four bedroom home.
4. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
(a) He is an expert in child psychology.
(b) He is an expert in children's medicine.
(c) He is an expert at exorcism.
(d) He is an expert in the demonic arts.
5. What does Abigail ultimately want from John Proctor?
(a) She wants him to give her money.
(b) She wants him to kill his wife.
(c) She wants to continue the affair.
(d) She wants him to rehire her.
6. What was lying on the ground in the forest?
(a) A doll.
(b) An apple.
(c) A dress.
(d) A knife.
7. What does Parris accuse John Proctor of doing to him?
(a) Mistreating Abigail.
(b) Being a heretic.
(c) Leading a faction against him.
(d) Stealing his firewood.
8. Mr. Putnam and John Proctor argue over the firewood. Who does it most likely belong to?
(a) John Proctor.
(b) Mr. Corey.
(c) Mr. Parris.
(d) Mr. Putnam.
9. Who is able to calm Betty after she screams?
(a) Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) Mrs. Putnam.
(d) Rebecca Nurse.
10. What does Giles Corey's wife do with books after she reads them?
(a) Reads them again.
(b) Stacks them.
(c) Organizes them.
(d) Hides them.
11. Who suggests that everyone put their faith in God and the doctor?
12. Who asks if Parris has gone through the "proper channels" to investigate witchcraft in Salem?
(c) John Proctor.
(d) Mr. Putnam.
13. Hale is embarrassed by a compliment on his rationality. Which character gives him the compliment?
(b) John Proctor.
14. How old is Abigail?
15. How many of Mrs. Putnam's children have died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What character in Act 1 could be called a hypocrite?
2. Where did Parris live before he moved to Salem?
3. Who complains that he/she is living in "poverty"?
4. What does Rebecca Nurse say say is afflicting Ruth and Betty?
5. What does Tituba "admit" the devil told her to do?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)