Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John Proctor describe Parris' sermons?
(a) As "fire and brimstone" sermons.
(b) As "hellfire and bloody damnation" sermons.
(c) As "guilt and sin" sermons.
(d) As "light and fluffy" sermons.
2. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
(a) She accuses him of hitting her.
(b) She accuses him of being mean to her.
(c) She accuses him of not wanting to support her.
(d) She accuses him of trying to kill her.
3. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
(a) He is concerned about his reputation in Salem.
(b) He thinks she just has a cold and will be fine in a couple of days.
(c) He doesn't believe in witchcraft.
(d) He is afraid the girls will cast a spell on him.
4. Who has heard that Hale has a "reputation for rationality" and tells him so?
(b) John Proctor.
(c) Mr. Putnam.
5. What does Betty wake from her trance to do?
(a) Sings a psalm.
(b) Scream and writhes.
(c) Drink a glass of water.
(d) Add more names to the list.
6. What does Abigail tell Parris that she and the girls where doing in the woods?
(a) Abigail admits they were dancing to cast a spell on Elizabeth Proctor.
(b) Abigail says they were picking berries.
(c) Abigail admits they lit a fire to keep warm, but they were not dancing.
(d) Abigail admits they were dancing, but just for fun.
7. What does Abigail say she does for John Proctor every night?
(a) Waits for him.
(b) Cleans his kitchen.
(c) Dances for him.
(d) Rubs his feet.
8. Who is the Putnams' servant?
9. Why does Abigail claim she was fired from serving the Proctor household?
(a) She says John Proctor was unhappy with her cooking.
(b) She says Elizabeth Proctor wanted her to do the work of a slave.
(c) She says Elizabeth Proctor didn't like her cooking.
(d) She says Elizabeth Proctor didn't like her.
10. How much money does Parris get each year to buy firewood?
(a) Three pounds.
(b) Ten pounds.
(c) Six pounds.
(d) Five pounds.
11. What does Abigail claim John Proctor freed her from?
(a) A well she fell into when she was little.
(b) Her moral shackles.
(c) Work as a servant.
(d) Salem's false piety.
12. What two things does Tituba say the devil claimed he would give her if she did what he asked?
(a) Money and fame.
(b) Her freedom and a way back to Barbados.
(c) Clothing and shelter.
(d) Food and water.
13. What does Parris accuse John Proctor of doing to him?
(a) Stealing his firewood.
(b) Being a heretic.
(c) Leading a faction against him.
(d) Mistreating Abigail.
14. Who asks Rebecca Nurse to treat his daughter?
(a) Mr. Putnam.
(b) Giles Corey.
(c) John Proctor.
15. How many people does Tituba claim to have seen with the devil?
Short Answer Questions
1. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
2. What was Tituba doing while the other girls where dancing in the forest?
3. What is Parris's relationship to Abigail?
4. What does John Proctor do for a living?
5. Where does this play take place?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)