Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Act 1, Pages 1-20
1. Why could Abigail be considered a mean character?
2. Is Parris's main concern only for his daughter's health?
3. Were Betty and Abigail really just dancing in the forest?
4. Why did Mrs. Putnam ask Ruth and Tituba to go into the forest?
5. Abigail and Parris are both concerned about their "reputation" in Salem. Why?
6. Parris asks Hale to come to Salem to figure out why the Betty and Ruth are sick. Why does he call Hale and not...
This section contains 869 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)