|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Giles lose his case accusing Mr. Putnam of making a land grab?
(a) He doesn't have any evidence.
(b) His witnesses are too scared to testify.
(c) He refuses to identify his witness.
(d) He has been bewitched.
2. Toward the end of Act 1, Betty wakes from her trance-like state and calls out for someone. Who is it?
(b) The devil.
(d) Her dead mother.
3. What two things does Tituba say the devil claimed he would give her if she did what he asked?
(a) Clothing and shelter.
(b) Her freedom and a way back to Barbados.
(c) Money and fame.
(d) Food and water.
4. Giles regrets telling Hale that his wife did something. What is it?
(a) That his wife reads books.
(b) That his wife has been hiding dolls.
(c) That his wife goes missing after dinner.
(d) That his wife has been dancing.
5. What is Mary afraid will happen to her and her friends if they are found guilty of witchcraft?
(a) They will be grounded.
(b) They will be drowned.
(c) They will be burned at the stake.
(d) They will be hanged.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, John Proctor makes a promise to Elizabeth Proctor. What is it?
2. What is serving as a symbol of a scar to show that though the trials are over, they must not be forgotten?
3. When Mary returns from court, in Act 2 she complains about something. What is it?
4. How many people does Tituba claim to have seen with the devil?
5. Which adult was involved in putting the girls up to "conjuration"?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)