|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long were some of the farms left unclaimed?
(b) Two years.
(d) More than a century.
2. What does Giles claim he was unable to do until his wife stopped reading and left the house?
(a) Say his prayers.
(b) Wash the dishes.
(c) Finish his work.
(d) eat his dinner.
3. How was Giles Corey tortured?
(a) With fire.
(b) Stoned to death.
(c) In a press.
(d) With water.
4. Why does Abigail claim she was fired from serving the Proctor household?
(a) She says John Proctor was unhappy with her cooking.
(b) She says Elizabeth Proctor didn't like her cooking.
(c) She says Elizabeth Proctor wanted her to do the work of a slave.
(d) She says Elizabeth Proctor didn't like her.
5. Which two women does Tituba say she saw with the devil?
(a) Elizabeth and Abigail.
(b) Rebecca Nurse and Mrs. Putnam.
(c) Sarah Good and Goody Osburn.
(d) Mary and Mercy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is serving as a symbol of a scar to show that though the trials are over, they must not be forgotten?
2. What events in American history was this play written as a response to?
3. How are the people in the trial "tested" for witchcraft?
4. Which male character is arrested at the end of Act 3?
5. What convinces Hale that the supernatural is involved, and the girls weren't just dancing?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)