|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What events in American history was this play written as a response to?
(a) The Great Depression.
(c) Civil Rights.
2. In what month were the excommunications rescinded?
3. What does John Proctor do for a living?
(a) He is owns a grocery store.
(b) He is a coal miner.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a farmer.
4. What happened to many of the farms that belonged to those executed for witchcraft?
(a) The government sold them off.
(b) The community turned them into gardens.
(c) No one farmed them and they were left in ruins.
(d) The government took them over.
5. How many character witnesses are on John Proctor's list?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who complains that he/she is living in "poverty"?
2. What does Rebecca Nurse say say is afflicting Ruth and Betty?
3. What is John Proctor's excuse for not attending church often?
4. What was lying on the ground in the forest?
5. How does John Proctor describe Parris' sermons?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)