|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Betty wake from her trance to do?
(a) Sings a psalm.
(b) Drink a glass of water.
(c) Add more names to the list.
(d) Scream and writhes.
2. Why does Hale ask Danforth to delay the witch trial proceedings?
(a) The people on the list all need to be questioned.
(b) The people on the list are all witches.
(c) The defendants don't have proper representation.
(d) The plaintiffs don't have proper representation.
3. Why does Giles lose his case accusing Mr. Putnam of making a land grab?
(a) He has been bewitched.
(b) His witnesses are too scared to testify.
(c) He refuses to identify his witness.
(d) He doesn't have any evidence.
4. Who is the author of this play?
(a) Miller Thomas.
(b) Arthur Milton.
(c) Arthur Miller.
(d) Harold Pinter.
5. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what room are psalms being sung in Act 1?
2. What does Abigail claim was in the kettle in the forest?
3. If the accused character is found to be pregnant, how long will she be spared?
4. Cheever and Herrick arrive at the Proctor's with an arrest warrant. Who is it for?
5. Which two women does Tituba say she saw with the devil?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)