|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tituba know will happen to her if she doesn't "confess."
(a) She will be beaten.
(b) She will be thrown out.
(c) She will be forced to work for the Parris family forever.
(d) She will be killed.
2. In Act 4, Elizabeth tells John that a number of people have already confessed. How many?
(b) Two hundred.
(c) One hundred.
3. Giles regrets telling Hale that his wife did something. What is it?
(a) That his wife has been hiding dolls.
(b) That his wife reads books.
(c) That his wife goes missing after dinner.
(d) That his wife has been dancing.
4. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
(a) Rumors are circulating as to why she was dismissed from serving Mr. and Mrs. Proctor.
(b) Rumors are circulating about her involvement in her own parent's death.
(c) Rumors are circulating about her dancing naked in the forest.
(d) Rumors are circulating as to her vampire tendencies.
5. Who is surprised that the people of Salem haven't overthrown the courts already?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who thinks Ruth and Betty are simply suffering from a childish fit?
2. Why did Parris want the deed to his own house?
3. If the accused character is found to be pregnant, how long will she be spared?
4. What convinces Hale that the supernatural is involved, and the girls weren't just dancing?
5. Why does Giles lose his case accusing Mr. Putnam of making a land grab?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)