|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believes Ruth's condition is the work of Satan?
(a) John Proctor.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Putnam.
(d) Elizabeth Proctor.
2. How old is Abigail?
3. What events in American history was this play written as a response to?
(a) Civil Rights.
(b) The Great Depression.
4. Danforth complains that Hale has no business in Salem after what he did. What did he do?
(a) Demanded more firewood.
(b) Allowed Abigail to trick everyone.
(c) Quit the trials.
(d) Let his daughter conjure the devil.
5. Who is surprised that the people of Salem haven't overthrown the courts already?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long were some of the farms left unclaimed?
2. What do Abigail and the girls do to scare Mary into denouncing John Proctor?
3. What happened to John Proctor after the trials?
4. In Act 2, John Proctor makes a promise to Elizabeth Proctor. What is it?
5. John Proctor says there is only one thing keeping him from confessing. What is it?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)