|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ultimately happened to Parris?
(a) He lived in the forest trying to find the devil.
(b) He was so full of shame he killed himself.
(c) He was voted from office.
(d) He was later found to be a witch.
2. Abigail is sure that John Proctor still has feelings for her. What example does she use to back up her claim?
(a) He made her a necklace.
(b) He sends her love letters.
(c) He argues with his wife a lot.
(d) He looks up at her bedroom window.
3. Cheever and Herrick arrive at the Proctor's with an arrest warrant. Who is it for?
4. Why is Hathorne suspicious of Hale?
(a) He believes Hale is trying to help Tituba escape.
(b) He thinks Hale is a crook.
(c) He thinks Hale is under the devil's spell.
(d) He believes Hale contributed to the uprising in Andover.
5. Who denounces the court at the end of Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Giles Corey tortured?
2. When John Proctor is doubtful of Rebecca Nurse's guilt, Hale reminds him of something. What is it?
3. Giles Corey feels Parris is too concerned with wealth. What does he offer as an example?
4. What does Abigail ultimately want from John Proctor?
5. Where did Hale find a witch the year before the current action in the play?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)