|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
(a) She accuses him of hitting her.
(b) She accuses him of being mean to her.
(c) She accuses him of trying to kill her.
(d) She accuses him of not wanting to support her.
2. According to the Epilogue, what is rumored to have happened to Abigail?
(a) She lost her mind.
(b) She ran away and married John Proctor.
(c) She was executed for witchcraft.
(d) She became a prostitute.
3. John Proctor scolds Mary at the beginning of Act 1. What has she done that makes him angry?
(a) She ate the last piece of bread.
(b) She left the house without permission.
(c) She spilled wine on the table.
(d) She forgot to put the horses in the stable.
4. Hale is embarrassed by a compliment on his rationality. Which character gives him the compliment?
(b) John Proctor.
5. In what room are psalms being sung in Act 1?
(a) The den.
(b) The living room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The parlor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John Proctor's excuse for not attending church often?
2. When John Proctor reminds Mr. Putnam that "votes are not granted by the acre." What is he implying?
3. Who is worried that Rebecca Nurse and John Proctor will be executed?
4. Danforth asks John Proctor if he has seen Rebecca Nurse with someone. Who is it?
5. Giles tries to defend his wife. What does he accuse Mr. Putnam of?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)