|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What convinces Hale that the supernatural is involved, and the girls weren't just dancing?
(a) Parris says he saw something moving in the kettle.
(b) Parris says he saw a naked figure disappear into the forest.
(c) Mrs. Putnam says Sarah Good was her midwife.
(d) Mrs. Putnam says seven of her children died at birth.
2. What is the main theme of the epilogue?
3. When the girls list the other names of people they've seen with the devil, what does Hale do?
(a) Issues a death warrant.
(b) Sends for them to be brought back in irons.
(c) Laughs and says that is ridiculous.
(d) Sends Parris to jail.
4. When John Proctor reminds Mr. Putnam that "votes are not granted by the acre." What is he implying?
(a) Just because Mr. Putnam is wealthy he doesn't have more say.
(b) Mr. Putnam is trying to use politics to gain land.
(c) Voting means more in a farming community.
(d) In the upcoming election he won't get to vote more than once.
5. What is Hale doing at the prison in Act 4?
(a) Trying to convince the girls to admit they lied.
(b) Trying to convince the girls to try to escape with him.
(c) Trying to get the girls to come back to the trials with him.
(d) Trying to get the girls to confess to save them from execution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
2. Who is the first person in Act 3 to claim to have proof that the girls are lying?
3. When John Proctor insults Parris in Act 1, who asks him to take it back?
4. What was Tituba doing while the other girls where dancing in the forest?
5. In court, Abigail claims that Mary is bewitching her by doing what to her?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)