|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is this play set in?
2. How are the people in the trial "tested" for witchcraft?
(a) If they dance and the kettle moves they are guilty.
(b) If they dance and the kettle is still they are innocent.
(c) If the girls scream, they are jailed.
(d) If they float in a lake, they are innocent.
3. When the girls list the other names of people they've seen with the devil, what does Hale do?
(a) Sends Parris to jail.
(b) Laughs and says that is ridiculous.
(c) Sends for them to be brought back in irons.
(d) Issues a death warrant.
4. How old is Abigail?
5. What is Martha Corey accused of?
(a) Cursing a local farmer's pigs.
(b) Making a Voodoo doll of Abigail.
(c) Killing a Mrs. Putnam's children.
(d) Cursing Elizabeth Proctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hale find a witch the year before the current action in the play?
2. When John Proctor reminds Mr. Putnam that "votes are not granted by the acre." What is he implying?
3. How much was stolen from Parris' strongbox?
4. What does Danforth ask Mary to do to prove that she and the girls are lying?
5. What are the farmers fighting over when Parris is trying to help them?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)