|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giles Corey's wife do with books after she reads them?
(a) Hides them.
(b) Organizes them.
(c) Stacks them.
(d) Reads them again.
2. Which character warns everyone against jumping to conclusions?
(b) Mrs. Putnam.
(d) John Proctor.
3. Where did Hale find a witch the year before the current action in the play?
4. What are the farmers fighting over when Parris is trying to help them?
(a) Who owns the land.
(b) Wandering livestock.
(c) Whether it will rain or not.
(d) Seed prices.
5. At the end of Act 1, what does Mr. Putnam threaten to do?
(a) He threatens to stop chopping firewood.
(b) He threatens to leave.
(c) He threatens to sue.
(d) He threatens to kill Parris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary afraid will happen to her and her friends if they are found guilty of witchcraft?
2. In what year were excommunications rescinded?
3. Who asks Rebecca Nurse to treat his daughter?
4. Who claims Tituba has knowledge of conjuration?
5. How does John Proctor describe Parris' sermons?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)