|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character warns everyone against jumping to conclusions?
(c) John Proctor.
(d) Mrs. Putnam.
2. What character in Act 1 could be called a hypocrite?
3. What does John Proctor do for a living?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a coal miner.
(d) He is owns a grocery store.
4. What is the definition of the word crucible?
(a) A crucible is a rule of thumb in a given situation.
(b) A crucible is a serious test of patience or beliefs.
(c) A crucible is an unwavering ideal.
(d) A crucible is where they hang people.
5. Which two women does Tituba say she saw with the devil?
(a) Mary and Mercy.
(b) Elizabeth and Abigail.
(c) Sarah Good and Goody Osburn.
(d) Rebecca Nurse and Mrs. Putnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the girls caught in the forest admits they made it all up?
2. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
3. What town is Abigail rumored to be living in?
4. How are the people in the trial "tested" for witchcraft?
5. Which character announces he/she doesn't believe in witches?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)