|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Elizabeth is asked why she fired Abigail, what does she say?
(a) She fired Abigail out of jealousy.
(b) She fired Abigail for witchcraft.
(c) She fired Abigail for being lazy.
(d) She fired Abigail for trying to kill her.
2. How many character witnesses are on John Proctor's list?
3. What does Danforth ask Mary to do to prove that she and the girls are lying?
(a) Pretend to shiver.
(b) Pretend to be bewitched.
(c) Pretend to faint.
(d) Pretend to be paralyzed.
4. Why does John Proctor "forget" one of the commandments?
(a) He is stressed out.
(b) He feels guilty.
(c) He is uncomfortable saying them in front of Hale.
(d) He is old and forgetful.
5. Hale is embarrassed by a compliment on his rationality. Which character gives him the compliment?
(b) John Proctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail say she does for John Proctor every night?
2. When John Proctor gets home from seeding the farm, he learns that Mary has been gone all day. Where was she?
3. Why is Herrick acting strangely when he visits Tituba and Sarah Good?
4. Who is the author of this play?
5. Abigail adds a name to Tituba's list of people working with the devil. What is that name?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)