|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is surprised that the people of Salem haven't overthrown the courts already?
2. If the accused character is found to be pregnant, how long will she be spared?
(a) One year.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
3. John Proctor scolds Mary at the beginning of Act 1. What has she done that makes him angry?
(a) She forgot to put the horses in the stable.
(b) She ate the last piece of bread.
(c) She spilled wine on the table.
(d) She left the house without permission.
4. Who orders John Proctor to be executed despite his confession?
5. What is the main theme of the epilogue?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Susan leaves the Parris household she is asked a favor. What is it?
2. What two things does Tituba say the devil claimed he would give her if she did what he asked?
3. Who physically attacks Abigail in court?
4. Which male character is arrested at the end of Act 3?
5. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)