|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 3, Francis complains that he has been ignored for how many days?
2. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
(a) He is an expert in children's medicine.
(b) He is an expert in child psychology.
(c) He is an expert at exorcism.
(d) He is an expert in the demonic arts.
3. What do Abigail and the girls do to scare Mary into denouncing John Proctor?
(a) They threaten to kill her.
(b) They mock her, copying everything she says.
(c) They accuse her of conjuring the devil.
(d) They faint.
4. In what year were excommunications rescinded?
5. Which male character is arrested at the end of Act 3?
(a) John Proctor.
(b) Mr. Putnam.
(c) Giles Corey.
(d) Reverand Hale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
2. When the girls list the other names of people they've seen with the devil, what does Hale do?
3. How much was stolen from Parris' strongbox?
4. Mary is upset and crying at the end of Act 2. Why?
5. What happened to John Proctor after the trials?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)