|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main theme of the epilogue?
2. Who is the naked figure Parris sees disappear into the woods in Act 1?
(b) Mercy Lewis.
(c) Elizabeth Proctor.
3. What are the farmers fighting over when Parris is trying to help them?
(a) Whether it will rain or not.
(b) Who owns the land.
(c) Wandering livestock.
(d) Seed prices.
4. Why does Abigail claim she was fired from serving the Proctor household?
(a) She says John Proctor was unhappy with her cooking.
(b) She says Elizabeth Proctor didn't like her.
(c) She says Elizabeth Proctor wanted her to do the work of a slave.
(d) She says Elizabeth Proctor didn't like her cooking.
5. In what month were the excommunications rescinded?
Short Answer Questions
1. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
2. Why does Elizabeth blame herself for John's infidelity?
3. Who asks if Parris has gone through the "proper channels" to investigate witchcraft in Salem?
4. The Proctors have a surprise visitor in Act 2. Who is it?
5. When John Proctor insults Parris in Act 1, who asks him to take it back?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)