|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John Proctor gets home from seeding the farm, he learns that Mary has been gone all day. Where was she?
(a) In town at the witch trials.
(b) Hiding in the cellar.
(c) Dancing in the forest.
(d) Shopping in a nearby city.
2. Who is the first person in Act 3 to claim to have proof that the girls are lying?
(a) Mr. Putnam.
3. John Proctor scolds Mary at the beginning of Act 1. What has she done that makes him angry?
(a) She left the house without permission.
(b) She ate the last piece of bread.
(c) She spilled wine on the table.
(d) She forgot to put the horses in the stable.
4. When John Proctor is doubtful of Rebecca Nurse's guilt, Hale reminds him of something. What is it?
(a) That Rebecca Nurse killed those poor children.
(b) That Rebecca Nurse has had conversations with Satan.
(c) That satan too, was once an angel.
(d) The Rebecca Nurse was no angel.
5. Which major theme is captured in the epilogue?
(a) The theme of justice.
(b) The theme of hopelessness.
(c) The theme of hypocrisy.
(d) The theme of greed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
2. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
3. Who claims Tituba has knowledge of conjuration?
4. What was Tituba doing while the other girls where dancing in the forest?
5. What does Abigail accuse Tituba of making her do?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)