|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Danforth complains that Hale has no business in Salem after what he did. What did he do?
(a) Let his daughter conjure the devil.
(b) Allowed Abigail to trick everyone.
(c) Demanded more firewood.
(d) Quit the trials.
2. Who is the Putnams' servant?
3. Who says that if John Proctor is executed he will consider himself a murderer?
4. Mercy Lewis thinks Ruth is improving in Act 1 because she woke to do something. What was it?
(a) She coughed.
(b) She screamed.
(c) She laughed.
(d) She sneezed.
5. What does Abigail say is wrong with Betty, when explaining her own actions to Parris?
(a) She says she fainted because her dress was too tight.
(b) She says she fainted from surprise when Parris appeared in the forest.q
(c) She says she fainted from the heat while they were dancing.
(d) She says she fainted from the smoke from the fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Parris accuse John Proctor of doing to him?
2. According to Parris, how many days per month does John Proctor attend church?
3. Giles Corey asks Hale to explain his wife's behavior. What particular behavior is he concerned about?
4. Why didn't Elizabeth stop Mary from leaving the house?
5. What does John Proctor do for a living?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)