|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hale doing at the prison in Act 4?
(a) Trying to convince the girls to admit they lied.
(b) Trying to get the girls to come back to the trials with him.
(c) Trying to convince the girls to try to escape with him.
(d) Trying to get the girls to confess to save them from execution.
2. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
(b) Supernatural causes.
3. What does Rebecca Nurse say say is afflicting Ruth and Betty?
(a) A mild sore throat.
(b) A spell cast by the devil.
(c) A serious flu.
(d) A childish fit.
4. Who complains that he/she is living in "poverty"?
(a) Rebecca Nurse.
5. Mr. Putnam and John Proctor argue over the firewood. Who does it most likely belong to?
(a) Mr. Parris.
(b) Mr. Corey.
(c) John Proctor.
(d) Mr. Putnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Martha Corey accused of?
2. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
3. Why didn't Elizabeth stop Mary from leaving the house?
4. What is John Proctor's excuse for not attending church often?
5. What does John Proctor threaten to do to Mary if she doesn't go back to work?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)