|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abigail say is wrong with Betty, when explaining her own actions to Parris?
(a) She says she fainted from the smoke from the fire.
(b) She says she fainted from surprise when Parris appeared in the forest.q
(c) She says she fainted because her dress was too tight.
(d) She says she fainted from the heat while they were dancing.
2. What character in Act 1 could be called a hypocrite?
3. Why is Mrs. Putnam suspicious of Sarah Good?
(a) Sarah was the midwife of five of her children.
(b) Sarah was the midwife of six of her children.
(c) Sarah was the midwife of three of her children.
(d) Sarah was the midwife of four of her children.
4. Which male character is arrested at the end of Act 3?
(a) Mr. Putnam.
(b) John Proctor.
(c) Reverand Hale.
(d) Giles Corey.
5. Who is surprised that the people of Salem haven't overthrown the courts already?
Short Answer Questions
1. When John Proctor reminds Mr. Putnam that "votes are not granted by the acre." What is he implying?
2. What does Abigail claim was in the kettle in the forest?
3. What does Mrs. Putnam claim is evidence that Betty has been involved in Witchcraft?
4. Danforth complains that Hale has no business in Salem after what he did. What did he do?
5. According to the Epilogue, what is rumored to have happened to Abigail?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)