|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was stolen from Parris' strongbox?
(a) Thirty-three pounds.
(b) Thirty pounds.
(c) Three hundred pounds.
(d) Thirty-one pounds.
2. What is John Proctor's excuse for not attending church often?
(a) He says he is too busy chopping firewood.
(b) He says Parris' sermons are not worth the long trip.
(c) He says he has too much work to do.
(d) He says he goes to another church closer to his home.
3. How old is Mary Warren?
4. Who has heard that Hale has a "reputation for rationality" and tells him so?
(b) Mr. Putnam.
(c) John Proctor.
5. What does Abigail claim was in the kettle in the forest?
(b) Apple cider.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hale find a witch the year before the current action in the play?
2. Who complains that he/she is living in "poverty"?
3. Which character warns everyone against jumping to conclusions?
4. What does Abigail claim John Proctor freed her from?
5. What does Abigail say she does for John Proctor every night?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)