|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hale ask Danforth to delay the witch trial proceedings?
(a) The people on the list all need to be questioned.
(b) The defendants don't have proper representation.
(c) The plaintiffs don't have proper representation.
(d) The people on the list are all witches.
2. What is Rebecca Nurse charged with?
(a) The murder of the Putnam children.
(b) The murder of Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) The murder of Giles Corey.
(d) The murder of Ruth and Betty.
3. Which character is pregnant?
(a) Mary Warren.
(b) Mrs. Putnam.
(c) Rebecca Nurse.
(d) Elizabeth Proctor.
4. What does Giles claim he was unable to do until his wife stopped reading and left the house?
(a) Wash the dishes.
(b) Say his prayers.
(c) Finish his work.
(d) eat his dinner.
5. How old is Abigail?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who thinks Ruth and Betty are simply suffering from a childish fit?
2. What does Abigail claim was in the kettle in the forest?
3. What character in Act 1 could be called a hypocrite?
4. When John Proctor gets home from seeding the farm, he learns that Mary has been gone all day. Where was she?
5. When Hale first enters, who helps him with the things he is carrying?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)