|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John Proctor "forget" one of the commandments?
(a) He is old and forgetful.
(b) He is uncomfortable saying them in front of Hale.
(c) He is stressed out.
(d) He feels guilty.
2. Why does Abigail claim she was fired from serving the Proctor household?
(a) She says Elizabeth Proctor didn't like her.
(b) She says John Proctor was unhappy with her cooking.
(c) She says Elizabeth Proctor didn't like her cooking.
(d) She says Elizabeth Proctor wanted her to do the work of a slave.
3. Which character announces he/she doesn't believe in witches?
(b) Giles Corey.
(c) Mrs. Putnam.
(d) Rebecca Nurse.
4. Which of the ten commandments does John Proctor forget?
(a) Thou shalt not kill.
(b) Thou shalt not commit adultery.
(c) Honor thy mother and father.
(d) Thou shalt not covet.
5. Elizabeth asks that no one mention this word to her children. What is it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail ultimately want from John Proctor?
2. Who is the clerk of the court?
3. At the end of Act 1, what does Mr. Putnam threaten to do?
4. What year is this play set in?
5. Why is Hathorne suspicious of Hale?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)