|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Parris live before he moved to Salem?
2. John Proctor says there is only one thing keeping him from confessing. What is it?
(a) He won't confess out of spite.
(b) He won't confess until Abigail is executed.
(c) He won't confess until Elizabeth confesses.
(d) He won't confess because he is innocent.
3. What surprising thing is learned about Elizabeth Proctor in Act 3?
(a) She planned to leave John Proctor.
(b) She is having an affair.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is really a witch.
4. At the end of Act 1, what does Mr. Putnam threaten to do?
(a) He threatens to sue.
(b) He threatens to stop chopping firewood.
(c) He threatens to leave.
(d) He threatens to kill Parris.
5. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
(a) Rumors are circulating as to why she was dismissed from serving Mr. and Mrs. Proctor.
(b) Rumors are circulating about her dancing naked in the forest.
(c) Rumors are circulating about her involvement in her own parent's death.
(d) Rumors are circulating as to her vampire tendencies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Danforth ask Mary to do to prove that she and the girls are lying?
2. When John Proctor is doubtful of Rebecca Nurse's guilt, Hale reminds him of something. What is it?
3. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
4. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
5. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)