|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims the list of witnesses is an attack on the court?
(c) Mr. Putnam.
2. Why is Hathorne suspicious of Hale?
(a) He believes Hale is trying to help Tituba escape.
(b) He believes Hale contributed to the uprising in Andover.
(c) He thinks Hale is under the devil's spell.
(d) He thinks Hale is a crook.
3. Mary gives Elizabeth a gift after spending all day at court. What is it?
(a) A doll.
(b) A gavel.
(c) A stuffed bear.
(d) A candied apple.
4. When Mrs. Putnam tells Hale about her dead children, what does Hale do?
(a) He consults his books to see if there are supernatural reasons.
(b) He visits another priest to ask for help.
(c) He tells Giles to ask his wife if she was present when they died.
(d) He questions the doctor as to her symptoms.
5. Who complains that he/she is living in "poverty"?
(a) Rebecca Nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Proctor threaten to do to Mary if she doesn't go back to work?
2. Why did Parris want the deed to his own house?
3. John Proctor tears something to pieces in Act 2. What is it?
4. What does Abigail accuse Tituba of making her do?
5. Giles Corey feels Parris is too concerned with wealth. What does he offer as an example?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)