|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the clerk of the court?
(a) Mr. Cheever.
(b) Giles Corey.
(c) Mr. Putnam.
(d) Mr. Herrick.
2. Why is Mrs. Putnam suspicious of Sarah Good?
(a) Sarah was the midwife of three of her children.
(b) Sarah was the midwife of four of her children.
(c) Sarah was the midwife of six of her children.
(d) Sarah was the midwife of five of her children.
3. Who doesn't believe Mary when she says she created the doll?
(b) Mrs. Putnam.
(c) Marshall Herrick.
4. When the girls list the other names of people they've seen with the devil, what does Hale do?
(a) Issues a death warrant.
(b) Sends for them to be brought back in irons.
(c) Sends Parris to jail.
(d) Laughs and says that is ridiculous.
5. Which of the ten commandments does John Proctor forget?
(a) Thou shalt not commit adultery.
(b) Thou shalt not kill.
(c) Thou shalt not covet.
(d) Honor thy mother and father.
Short Answer Questions
1. When John Proctor insults Parris in Act 1, who asks him to take it back?
2. When Mary returns from court, in Act 2 she complains about something. What is it?
3. When Hale first enters, who helps him with the things he is carrying?
4. What does Abigail claim John Proctor freed her from?
5. In the end of Act 3, someone calls John Proctor "the devil's man" and betrays him. Who is it?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)