|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is incriminating about the doll found in John Proctor's house toward the end of Act 2?
(a) Mary stuck the doll with a needle in order to hurt Abigail.
(b) A woman of Elizabeth's age shouldn't be playing with dolls.
(c) Elizabeth created the doll as a Voodoo tool.
(d) It has a needle in it and Abigail was found with a needle in her stomach.
2. What does Abigail say is wrong with Betty, when explaining her own actions to Parris?
(a) She says she fainted from the smoke from the fire.
(b) She says she fainted because her dress was too tight.
(c) She says she fainted from surprise when Parris appeared in the forest.q
(d) She says she fainted from the heat while they were dancing.
3. When John Proctor is doubtful of Rebecca Nurse's guilt, Hale reminds him of something. What is it?
(a) The Rebecca Nurse was no angel.
(b) That Rebecca Nurse has had conversations with Satan.
(c) That satan too, was once an angel.
(d) That Rebecca Nurse killed those poor children.
4. What does Tituba "admit" the devil told her to do?
(a) Kill Sarah Good.
(b) Dance around the fire.
(c) Make Abigail drink blood.
(d) Kill Parris.
5. Giles Corey feels Parris is too concerned with wealth. What does he offer as an example?
(a) Parris asked for extra firewood.
(b) Parris asked for the deed to his own house.
(c) Parris wanted to be paid on a monthly basis.
(d) Parris asked for a four bedroom home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary afraid will happen to her and her friends if they are found guilty of witchcraft?
2. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
3. If the accused character is found to be pregnant, how long will she be spared?
4. Why does Hale ask Danforth to delay the witch trial proceedings?
5. Danforth complains that Hale has no business in Salem after what he did. What did he do?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)