|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Danforth ask Mary to do to prove that she and the girls are lying?
(a) Pretend to be bewitched.
(b) Pretend to faint.
(c) Pretend to be paralyzed.
(d) Pretend to shiver.
2. Where did Parris live before he moved to Salem?
3. What does Abigail claim was in the kettle in the forest?
(b) Apple cider.
4. In Act 3, Francis complains that he has been ignored for how many days?
5. Mary is upset and crying at the end of Act 2. Why?
(a) John Proctor insists that she cook for everyone in the house.
(b) John Proctor insists that she appear in court.
(c) John Proctor insists that she not go to court ever again.
(d) John Proctor insists that she take the doll back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Abigail and the girls do to scare Mary into denouncing John Proctor?
2. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
3. Who believes Ruth's condition is the work of Satan?
4. What is Martha Corey accused of?
5. Which two women does Tituba say she saw with the devil?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)