|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hathorne suspicious of Hale?
(a) He believes Hale contributed to the uprising in Andover.
(b) He believes Hale is trying to help Tituba escape.
(c) He thinks Hale is a crook.
(d) He thinks Hale is under the devil's spell.
2. Where are Abigail's parents?
(a) They are traveling.
(b) They disappeared.
(c) They are friends with Parris.
(d) They died.
3. Giles Corey feels Parris is too concerned with wealth. What does he offer as an example?
(a) Parris asked for extra firewood.
(b) Parris wanted to be paid on a monthly basis.
(c) Parris asked for the deed to his own house.
(d) Parris asked for a four bedroom home.
4. What does John Proctor do for a living?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a coal miner.
(d) He is owns a grocery store.
5. Where did Parris live before he moved to Salem?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Francis complains that he has been ignored for how many days?
2. Mary gives Elizabeth a gift after spending all day at court. What is it?
3. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
4. What was Tituba doing while the other girls where dancing in the forest?
5. Who doesn't believe Mary when she says she created the doll?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)