|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rebecca Nurse say say is afflicting Ruth and Betty?
(a) A childish fit.
(b) A mild sore throat.
(c) A serious flu.
(d) A spell cast by the devil.
2. Why does John Proctor threaten to whip Abigail?
(a) Abigail is speaking against his wife.
(b) Abigail is hitting Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) Abigail is hitting him.
(d) Abigail is throwing things at him.
3. What does Tituba know will happen to her if she doesn't "confess."
(a) She will be forced to work for the Parris family forever.
(b) She will be thrown out.
(c) She will be killed.
(d) She will be beaten.
4. Who asks if Parris has gone through the "proper channels" to investigate witchcraft in Salem?
(a) Mr. Putnam.
(d) John Proctor.
5. Who is worried that Rebecca Nurse and John Proctor will be executed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
2. How does John Proctor describe Parris' sermons?
3. Abigail is sure that John Proctor still has feelings for her. What example does she use to back up her claim?
4. Who says that if John Proctor is executed he will consider himself a murderer?
5. John Proctor says people will admit to anything when this is the alternative. What is it?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)