|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What convinces Hale that the supernatural is involved, and the girls weren't just dancing?
(a) Mrs. Putnam says seven of her children died at birth.
(b) Parris says he saw something moving in the kettle.
(c) Mrs. Putnam says Sarah Good was her midwife.
(d) Parris says he saw a naked figure disappear into the forest.
2. What does Abigail say she does for John Proctor every night?
(a) Rubs his feet.
(b) Waits for him.
(c) Cleans his kitchen.
(d) Dances for him.
3. Which male character is arrested at the end of Act 3?
(a) Mr. Putnam.
(b) John Proctor.
(c) Giles Corey.
(d) Reverand Hale.
4. What does Cheever accuse John Proctor of doing on the Sabbath?
5. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
Short Answer Questions
1. Elizabeth asks that no one mention this word to her children. What is it?
2. What are the farmers fighting over when Parris is trying to help them?
3. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
4. John Proctor scolds Mary at the beginning of Act 1. What has she done that makes him angry?
5. Who claims the list of witnesses is an attack on the court?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)