|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Proctor tears something to pieces in Act 2. What is it?
(a) The arrest warrant.
(b) The deed to Parris' house.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) A love note from Abigail.
2. Why is Herrick acting strangely when he visits Tituba and Sarah Good?
(a) He is filthy.
(b) He is depressed.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is drunk.
3. Which character is pregnant?
(a) Rebecca Nurse.
(b) Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) Mrs. Putnam.
(d) Mary Warren.
4. Why does Elizabeth blame herself for John's infidelity?
(a) She says that she hired Abigail.
(b) She says she was frigid toward him.
(c) She says she wasn't pretty enough.
(d) She says she wasn't home enough.
5. Who denounces the court at the end of Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Tituba doing while the other girls where dancing in the forest?
2. Why does Hale ask Danforth to delay the witch trial proceedings?
3. When the girls list the other names of people they've seen with the devil, what does Hale do?
4. Who is surprised that the people of Salem haven't overthrown the courts already?
5. What is incriminating about the doll found in John Proctor's house toward the end of Act 2?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)