|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was stolen from Parris' strongbox?
(a) Three hundred pounds.
(b) Thirty pounds.
(c) Thirty-three pounds.
(d) Thirty-one pounds.
2. Why is Herrick acting strangely when he visits Tituba and Sarah Good?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is depressed.
(c) He is filthy.
(d) He is angry.
3. At the end of Act 1, what does Mr. Putnam threaten to do?
(a) He threatens to sue.
(b) He threatens to kill Parris.
(c) He threatens to leave.
(d) He threatens to stop chopping firewood.
4. Why doesn't Elizabeth admit that she fired Abigail for having an affair with her husband?
(a) She doesn't care about the affair.
(b) She doesn't know about the affair.
(c) She believes that Abigail put a spell on her husband.
(d) She is protecting her husband's reputation.
5. What does Abigail threaten to do to the girls if they admit to more than dancing?
(a) She will beat them.
(b) She will kill them.
(c) She will run away.
(d) She will tell on them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hale find a witch the year before the current action in the play?
2. What does Giles Corey's wife do with books after she reads them?
3. How much money does Parris get each year to buy firewood?
4. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
5. What is John Proctor's excuse for not attending church often?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)