|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that if John Proctor is executed he will consider himself a murderer?
2. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
3. Who asks Rebecca Nurse to treat his daughter?
(a) Mr. Putnam.
(b) Giles Corey.
(d) John Proctor.
4. What is Mary afraid will happen to her and her friends if they are found guilty of witchcraft?
(a) They will be drowned.
(b) They will be grounded.
(c) They will be burned at the stake.
(d) They will be hanged.
5. How many miles does John Proctor live from the church?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary is upset and crying at the end of Act 2. Why?
2. Who complains that he/she is living in "poverty"?
3. What character in Act 1 could be called a hypocrite?
4. Who is the first person in Act 3 to claim to have proof that the girls are lying?
5. Why is Herrick acting strangely when he visits Tituba and Sarah Good?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)