|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Betty wake from her trance to do?
(a) Scream and writhes.
(b) Sings a psalm.
(c) Drink a glass of water.
(d) Add more names to the list.
2. Which character is pregnant?
(a) Mrs. Putnam.
(b) Mary Warren.
(c) Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) Rebecca Nurse.
3. Why is Mrs. Putnam suspicious of Sarah Good?
(a) Sarah was the midwife of six of her children.
(b) Sarah was the midwife of three of her children.
(c) Sarah was the midwife of four of her children.
(d) Sarah was the midwife of five of her children.
4. Danforth complains that Hale has no business in Salem after what he did. What did he do?
(a) Allowed Abigail to trick everyone.
(b) Demanded more firewood.
(c) Let his daughter conjure the devil.
(d) Quit the trials.
5. Mary gives Elizabeth a gift after spending all day at court. What is it?
(a) A gavel.
(b) A stuffed bear.
(c) A doll.
(d) A candied apple.
Short Answer Questions
1. Giles Corey asks Hale to explain his wife's behavior. What particular behavior is he concerned about?
2. Why is Hathorne suspicious of Hale?
3. Which character announces he/she doesn't believe in witches?
4. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
5. John Proctor says people will admit to anything when this is the alternative. What is it?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)