|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John Proctor's excuse for not attending church often?
(a) He says he has too much work to do.
(b) He says he is too busy chopping firewood.
(c) He says Parris' sermons are not worth the long trip.
(d) He says he goes to another church closer to his home.
2. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
(a) She is scared that Betty is being controlled by evil spirits.
(b) She is angry when Betty reminds Abigail that she drank blood to punish Elizabeth.
(c) She is angry that Betty is getting all of the attention.
(d) She is angry that the other girls are turning on her.
3. What does Danforth ask Mary to do to prove that she and the girls are lying?
(a) Pretend to shiver.
(b) Pretend to be bewitched.
(c) Pretend to be paralyzed.
(d) Pretend to faint.
4. How old is Abigail?
5. How was Giles Corey tortured?
(a) In a press.
(b) Stoned to death.
(c) With water.
(d) With fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Abigail claim she was fired from serving the Proctor household?
2. What does Tituba know will happen to her if she doesn't "confess."
3. Where does this play take place?
4. Elizabeth asks that no one mention this word to her children. What is it?
5. When the girls list the other names of people they've seen with the devil, what does Hale do?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)