|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John Proctor "forget" one of the commandments?
(a) He is old and forgetful.
(b) He feels guilty.
(c) He is uncomfortable saying them in front of Hale.
(d) He is stressed out.
2. Who is the naked figure Parris sees disappear into the woods in Act 1?
(b) Mercy Lewis.
(c) Elizabeth Proctor.
3. Cheever and Herrick arrive at the Proctor's with an arrest warrant. Who is it for?
4. What was lying on the ground in the forest?
(a) An apple.
(b) A doll.
(c) A dress.
(d) A knife.
5. In Act 3, Francis complains that he has been ignored for how many days?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is worried that Rebecca Nurse and John Proctor will be executed?
2. What does Mrs. Putnam claim is evidence that Betty has been involved in Witchcraft?
3. How many miles does John Proctor live from the church?
4. How many of Mrs. Putnam's children have died?
5. Giles tries to defend his wife. What does he accuse Mr. Putnam of?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)