|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 1, what does Mr. Putnam threaten to do?
(a) He threatens to leave.
(b) He threatens to stop chopping firewood.
(c) He threatens to kill Parris.
(d) He threatens to sue.
2. What animal does Tituba hear outside of the room she is staying in?
(a) A spider.
(b) A frog.
(c) A cow.
(d) A pig.
3. In Act 4, Elizabeth tells John that a number of people have already confessed. How many?
(c) Two hundred.
(d) One hundred.
4. What does Danforth ask Mary to do to prove that she and the girls are lying?
(a) Pretend to be paralyzed.
(b) Pretend to be bewitched.
(c) Pretend to faint.
(d) Pretend to shiver.
5. How much was stolen from Parris' strongbox?
(a) Thirty pounds.
(b) Three hundred pounds.
(c) Thirty-one pounds.
(d) Thirty-three pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. John Proctor scolds Mary at the beginning of Act 1. What has she done that makes him angry?
2. Who is surprised that the people of Salem haven't overthrown the courts already?
3. What does Abigail threaten to do to the girls if they admit to more than dancing?
4. Why does John Proctor threaten to whip Abigail?
5. How old is Mary Warren?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)