|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
(b) Supernatural causes.
2. What is Hale doing at the prison in Act 4?
(a) Trying to get the girls to confess to save them from execution.
(b) Trying to get the girls to come back to the trials with him.
(c) Trying to convince the girls to try to escape with him.
(d) Trying to convince the girls to admit they lied.
3. What character in Act 1 could be called a hypocrite?
4. Why does John Proctor "forget" one of the commandments?
(a) He is old and forgetful.
(b) He feels guilty.
(c) He is stressed out.
(d) He is uncomfortable saying them in front of Hale.
5. What does Abigail threaten to do to the girls if they admit to more than dancing?
(a) She will run away.
(b) She will kill them.
(c) She will beat them.
(d) She will tell on them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth blame herself for John's infidelity?
2. Hale asks if these two men's children are "stricken" as well. Their children are not ill. Who are they?
3. What does John Proctor threaten to do to Mary if she doesn't go back to work?
4. When John Proctor is doubtful of Rebecca Nurse's guilt, Hale reminds him of something. What is it?
5. In Act 3, Francis complains that he has been ignored for how many days?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)