|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abigail tell Parris that she and the girls where doing in the woods?
(a) Abigail admits they were dancing, but just for fun.
(b) Abigail admits they were dancing to cast a spell on Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) Abigail admits they lit a fire to keep warm, but they were not dancing.
(d) Abigail says they were picking berries.
2. John Proctor scolds Mary at the beginning of Act 1. What has she done that makes him angry?
(a) She forgot to put the horses in the stable.
(b) She ate the last piece of bread.
(c) She spilled wine on the table.
(d) She left the house without permission.
3. Cheever and Herrick arrive at the Proctor's with an arrest warrant. Who is it for?
4. When Elizabeth is asked why she fired Abigail, what does she say?
(a) She fired Abigail for trying to kill her.
(b) She fired Abigail for witchcraft.
(c) She fired Abigail for being lazy.
(d) She fired Abigail out of jealousy.
5. When John Proctor insults Parris in Act 1, who asks him to take it back?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has heard that Hale has a "reputation for rationality" and tells him so?
2. Where are Abigail's parents?
3. In Act 3, Francis complains that he has been ignored for how many days?
4. Mercy Lewis thinks Ruth is improving in Act 1 because she woke to do something. What was it?
5. What are the farmers fighting over when Parris is trying to help them?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)