|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might the community do if Rebecca Nurse and John Proctor are killed?
(a) The people may not pay their taxes.
(b) The people may leave Salem.
(c) The people may try to kill more witches.
(d) The people may riot and overthrow the court.
2. Who believes Ruth's condition is the work of Satan?
(a) John Proctor.
(c) Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Putnam.
3. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
4. What does Giles Corey's wife do with books after she reads them?
(a) Hides them.
(b) Stacks them.
(c) Reads them again.
(d) Organizes them.
5. Who does Parris reveal that Abigail disappeared with?
(a) Mercy Lewis.
(b) Rebecca Nurse.
(c) Mary Warren.
Short Answer Questions
1. When John Proctor insults Parris in Act 1, who asks him to take it back?
2. What does John Proctor refuse to do for Danforth?
3. What does Tituba "admit" the devil told her to do?
4. What does Danforth ask Mary to do to prove that she and the girls are lying?
5. How many people does Tituba claim to have seen with the devil?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)