|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has heard that Hale has a "reputation for rationality" and tells him so?
(b) Mr. Putnam.
(c) John Proctor.
2. When Hale arrives, what is he carrying?
(a) A long rope.
(b) A cane.
(c) Two suitcases.
(d) Heavy books.
3. Why is Hathorne suspicious of Hale?
(a) He believes Hale is trying to help Tituba escape.
(b) He thinks Hale is under the devil's spell.
(c) He thinks Hale is a crook.
(d) He believes Hale contributed to the uprising in Andover.
4. Why doesn't Elizabeth admit that she fired Abigail for having an affair with her husband?
(a) She doesn't know about the affair.
(b) She believes that Abigail put a spell on her husband.
(c) She is protecting her husband's reputation.
(d) She doesn't care about the affair.
5. Cheever and Herrick arrive at the Proctor's with an arrest warrant. Who is it for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Danforth ask Mary to do to prove that she and the girls are lying?
2. What does Abigail tell Parris that she and the girls where doing in the woods?
3. What does Parris accuse John Proctor of doing to him?
4. Which of the ten commandments does John Proctor forget?
5. Giles Corey asks Hale to explain his wife's behavior. What particular behavior is he concerned about?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)