|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Proctor says people will admit to anything when this is the alternative. What is it?
2. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
(a) Rumors are circulating about her dancing naked in the forest.
(b) Rumors are circulating about her involvement in her own parent's death.
(c) Rumors are circulating as to why she was dismissed from serving Mr. and Mrs. Proctor.
(d) Rumors are circulating as to her vampire tendencies.
3. Who complains that he/she is living in "poverty"?
(d) Rebecca Nurse.
4. In what room are psalms being sung in Act 1?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The parlor.
(c) The den.
(d) The living room.
5. What does Abigail call Elizabeth Proctor when discussing her reputation in Act 1?
(a) A sinner.
(b) A whiner.
(c) A martyr.
(d) A liar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rebecca Nurse charged with?
2. Why does John Proctor threaten to whip Abigail?
3. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
4. What does Rebecca Nurse say say is afflicting Ruth and Betty?
5. Who believes Ruth's condition is the work of Satan?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)