|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who doesn't believe Mary when she says she created the doll?
(c) Mrs. Putnam.
(d) Marshall Herrick.
2. John Proctor says people will admit to anything when this is the alternative. What is it?
3. Mary gives Elizabeth a gift after spending all day at court. What is it?
(a) A doll.
(b) A candied apple.
(c) A stuffed bear.
(d) A gavel.
4. What was lying on the ground in the forest?
(a) A doll.
(b) A dress.
(c) An apple.
(d) A knife.
5. What does Abigail claim John Proctor freed her from?
(a) Work as a servant.
(b) Her moral shackles.
(c) Salem's false piety.
(d) A well she fell into when she was little.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hale arrives, what is he carrying?
2. When John Proctor reminds Mr. Putnam that "votes are not granted by the acre." What is he implying?
3. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
4. Why did Parris want the deed to his own house?
5. Who asks if Parris has gone through the "proper channels" to investigate witchcraft in Salem?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)