|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Giles lose his case accusing Mr. Putnam of making a land grab?
(a) He doesn't have any evidence.
(b) He has been bewitched.
(c) His witnesses are too scared to testify.
(d) He refuses to identify his witness.
2. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
(a) He is concerned about his reputation in Salem.
(b) He doesn't believe in witchcraft.
(c) He thinks she just has a cold and will be fine in a couple of days.
(d) He is afraid the girls will cast a spell on him.
3. Where are Abigail's parents?
(a) They are traveling.
(b) They disappeared.
(c) They are friends with Parris.
(d) They died.
4. What is Rebecca Nurse charged with?
(a) The murder of Ruth and Betty.
(b) The murder of the Putnam children.
(c) The murder of Giles Corey.
(d) The murder of Elizabeth Proctor.
5. Who claims the list of witnesses is an attack on the court?
(d) Mr. Putnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Giles Corey asks Hale to explain his wife's behavior. What particular behavior is he concerned about?
2. What does Betty wake from her trance to do?
3. When Elizabeth is asked why she fired Abigail, what does she say?
4. Cheever and Herrick arrive at the Proctor's with an arrest warrant. Who is it for?
5. When Susan leaves the Parris household she is asked a favor. What is it?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)