|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abigail ultimately want from John Proctor?
(a) She wants him to give her money.
(b) She wants him to kill his wife.
(c) She wants to continue the affair.
(d) She wants him to rehire her.
2. What is Rebecca Nurse charged with?
(a) The murder of the Putnam children.
(b) The murder of Ruth and Betty.
(c) The murder of Giles Corey.
(d) The murder of Elizabeth Proctor.
3. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
(a) She accuses him of being mean to her.
(b) She accuses him of trying to kill her.
(c) She accuses him of hitting her.
(d) She accuses him of not wanting to support her.
4. What does Abigail claim John Proctor freed her from?
(a) Work as a servant.
(b) Her moral shackles.
(c) Salem's false piety.
(d) A well she fell into when she was little.
5. What character in Act 1 could be called a hypocrite?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the ten commandments does John Proctor forget?
2. Where did Hale find a witch the year before the current action in the play?
3. What does Abigail say is wrong with Betty, when explaining her own actions to Parris?
4. How many people are initially on trial for witchcraft?
5. What does Abigail tell Parris that she and the girls where doing in the woods?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)