|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the clerk of the court?
(a) Mr. Herrick.
(b) Mr. Putnam.
(c) Giles Corey.
(d) Mr. Cheever.
2. The Proctors have a surprise visitor in Act 2. Who is it?
(a) Rebecca Nurse.
(d) Mrs. Putnam.
3. John Proctor tears something to pieces in Act 2. What is it?
(a) A love note from Abigail.
(b) The deed to Parris' house.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) The arrest warrant.
4. What does Abigail claim John Proctor freed her from?
(a) Salem's false piety.
(b) Work as a servant.
(c) Her moral shackles.
(d) A well she fell into when she was little.
5. When Elizabeth is asked why she fired Abigail, what does she say?
(a) She fired Abigail for trying to kill her.
(b) She fired Abigail out of jealousy.
(c) She fired Abigail for witchcraft.
(d) She fired Abigail for being lazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary is upset and crying at the end of Act 2. Why?
2. What does Abigail accuse Tituba of making her do?
3. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
4. At the beginning of Act 2, Elizabeth is upset with her husband. Why?
5. When the girls list the other names of people they've seen with the devil, what does Hale do?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)