|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Giles Corey asks Hale to explain his wife's behavior. What particular behavior is he concerned about?
(a) His wife doesn't go to church anymore.
(b) His wife has stopped talking.
(c) His wife has decided to become a nurse.
(d) His wife reads a lot of books.
2. What surprising thing is learned about Elizabeth Proctor in Act 3?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is having an affair.
(c) She planned to leave John Proctor.
(d) She is really a witch.
3. When John Proctor insults Parris in Act 1, who asks him to take it back?
4. In what room are psalms being sung in Act 1?
(a) The den.
(b) The parlor.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The living room.
5. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Putnams' servant?
2. What does Abigail threaten to do to the girls if they admit to more than dancing?
3. The Proctors have a surprise visitor in Act 2. Who is it?
4. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
5. Why does Hale ask Danforth to delay the witch trial proceedings?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)