|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, John Proctor makes a promise to Elizabeth Proctor. What is it?
(a) To take care of Mary.
(b) Never to talk to Abigail again.
(c) Not to drink too much.
(d) To bring her home soon.
2. Abigail adds a name to Tituba's list of people working with the devil. What is that name?
(a) Rebecca Nurse.
(b) Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) Mrs. Putnam.
(d) Bridget Bishop.
3. Elizabeth asks that no one mention this word to her children. What is it?
4. Which of the ten commandments does John Proctor forget?
(a) Thou shalt not covet.
(b) Honor thy mother and father.
(c) Thou shalt not commit adultery.
(d) Thou shalt not kill.
5. Hale asks if these two men's children are "stricken" as well. Their children are not ill. Who are they?
(a) Giles and John Proctor.
(b) Mr. Putnam and Parris.
(c) Cheever and Danforth.
(d) Mr. Putnam and John Proctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail say she does for John Proctor every night?
2. How much money does Parris get each year to buy firewood?
3. What does Abigail claim was in the kettle in the forest?
4. Where did Hale find a witch the year before the current action in the play?
5. In the end of Act 3, someone calls John Proctor "the devil's man" and betrays him. Who is it?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)