|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 2, Elizabeth is upset with her husband. Why?
(a) He gave Abigail a gift.
(b) He was late for dinner.
(c) He was alone with Abigail.
(d) He told Abigail to come to dinner.
2. At the end of Act 1, what does Mr. Putnam threaten to do?
(a) He threatens to sue.
(b) He threatens to leave.
(c) He threatens to kill Parris.
(d) He threatens to stop chopping firewood.
3. John Proctor scolds Mary at the beginning of Act 1. What has she done that makes him angry?
(a) She left the house without permission.
(b) She ate the last piece of bread.
(c) She forgot to put the horses in the stable.
(d) She spilled wine on the table.
4. The Proctors have a surprise visitor in Act 2. Who is it?
(b) Rebecca Nurse.
(c) Mrs. Putnam.
5. Abigail adds a name to Tituba's list of people working with the devil. What is that name?
(a) Mrs. Putnam.
(b) Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) Bridget Bishop.
(d) Rebecca Nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the end of Act 3, someone calls John Proctor "the devil's man" and betrays him. Who is it?
2. When Hale arrives, what is he carrying?
3. Why does John Proctor threaten to whip Abigail?
4. When Hale first enters, who helps him with the things he is carrying?
5. Giles tries to defend his wife. What does he accuse Mr. Putnam of?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)