|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abigail say is wrong with Betty, when explaining her own actions to Parris?
(a) She says she fainted from surprise when Parris appeared in the forest.q
(b) She says she fainted because her dress was too tight.
(c) She says she fainted from the heat while they were dancing.
(d) She says she fainted from the smoke from the fire.
2. How old is Abigail?
3. John Proctor says people will admit to anything when this is the alternative. What is it?
4. According to Parris, how many days per month does John Proctor attend church?
5. When the girls list the other names of people they've seen with the devil, what does Hale do?
(a) Laughs and says that is ridiculous.
(b) Sends for them to be brought back in irons.
(c) Issues a death warrant.
(d) Sends Parris to jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Elizabeth stop Mary from leaving the house?
2. When John Proctor is doubtful of Rebecca Nurse's guilt, Hale reminds him of something. What is it?
3. In court, Abigail claims that Mary is bewitching her by doing what to her?
4. What does Parris accuse John Proctor of doing to him?
5. The Proctors have a surprise visitor in Act 2. Who is it?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)