|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Rebecca Nurse to treat his daughter?
(a) John Proctor.
(c) Giles Corey.
(d) Mr. Putnam.
2. How many character witnesses are on John Proctor's list?
3. Hale is embarrassed by a compliment on his rationality. Which character gives him the compliment?
(b) John Proctor.
4. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
(a) Rumors are circulating about her involvement in her own parent's death.
(b) Rumors are circulating as to her vampire tendencies.
(c) Rumors are circulating as to why she was dismissed from serving Mr. and Mrs. Proctor.
(d) Rumors are circulating about her dancing naked in the forest.
5. When the girls list the other names of people they've seen with the devil, what does Hale do?
(a) Sends for them to be brought back in irons.
(b) Issues a death warrant.
(c) Sends Parris to jail.
(d) Laughs and says that is ridiculous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Giles lose his case accusing Mr. Putnam of making a land grab?
2. How many of Mrs. Putnam's children have died?
3. What does Abigail threaten to do to the girls if they admit to more than dancing?
4. Elizabeth asks that no one mention this word to her children. What is it?
5. What does Abigail say she does for John Proctor every night?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)