|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hale first enters, who helps him with the things he is carrying?
(a) Mary Warren.
(d) Rebecca Nurse.
2. Who is the first person in Act 3 to claim to have proof that the girls are lying?
(c) Mr. Putnam.
3. When the girls list the other names of people they've seen with the devil, what does Hale do?
(a) Sends Parris to jail.
(b) Issues a death warrant.
(c) Sends for them to be brought back in irons.
(d) Laughs and says that is ridiculous.
4. Which character announces he/she doesn't believe in witches?
(a) Rebecca Nurse.
(b) Giles Corey.
(c) Mrs. Putnam.
5. What does Abigail tell Parris that she and the girls where doing in the woods?
(a) Abigail says they were picking berries.
(b) Abigail admits they were dancing, but just for fun.
(c) Abigail admits they lit a fire to keep warm, but they were not dancing.
(d) Abigail admits they were dancing to cast a spell on Elizabeth Proctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mercy Lewis thinks Ruth is improving in Act 1 because she woke to do something. What was it?
2. Why is Mrs. Putnam suspicious of Sarah Good?
3. Who claims the list of witnesses is an attack on the court?
4. What do Abigail and the girls do to scare Mary into denouncing John Proctor?
5. In court, Abigail claims that Mary is bewitching her by doing what to her?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)