|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Danforth ask Mary to do to prove that she and the girls are lying?
(a) Pretend to faint.
(b) Pretend to shiver.
(c) Pretend to be paralyzed.
(d) Pretend to be bewitched.
2. Why does John Proctor threaten to whip Abigail?
(a) Abigail is speaking against his wife.
(b) Abigail is throwing things at him.
(c) Abigail is hitting Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) Abigail is hitting him.
3. Why does Hale ask Danforth to delay the witch trial proceedings?
(a) The people on the list are all witches.
(b) The plaintiffs don't have proper representation.
(c) The people on the list all need to be questioned.
(d) The defendants don't have proper representation.
4. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
(a) Rumors are circulating as to her vampire tendencies.
(b) Rumors are circulating about her dancing naked in the forest.
(c) Rumors are circulating about her involvement in her own parent's death.
(d) Rumors are circulating as to why she was dismissed from serving Mr. and Mrs. Proctor.
5. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
(c) Supernatural causes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprising thing is learned about Elizabeth Proctor in Act 3?
2. Who believes Ruth's condition is the work of Satan?
3. John Proctor scolds Mary at the beginning of Act 1. What has she done that makes him angry?
4. What is Martha Corey accused of?
5. Who attacks Mary during the Which trial in Act 2?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)