|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hale asks if these two men's children are "stricken" as well. Their children are not ill. Who are they?
(a) Giles and John Proctor.
(b) Mr. Putnam and Parris.
(c) Mr. Putnam and John Proctor.
(d) Cheever and Danforth.
2. Who believes Ruth's condition is the work of Satan?
(a) John Proctor.
(c) Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Putnam.
3. When John Proctor insults Parris in Act 1, who asks him to take it back?
4. How many people does Tituba claim to have seen with the devil?
5. Why did Parris want the deed to his own house?
(a) He didn't think the town would obey him if they could easily remove him.
(b) He wanted to be sure that his daughter could inherit it.
(c) He didn't think the community would respect him if he didn't own a nice house.
(d) He didn't think that he could live in the house without the deed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Putnam and John Proctor argue over the firewood. Who does it most likely belong to?
2. Why didn't Elizabeth stop Mary from leaving the house?
3. What does John Proctor do for a living?
4. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
5. Who claims Tituba has knowledge of conjuration?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)