|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Giles Corey feels Parris is too concerned with wealth. What does he offer as an example?
(a) Parris asked for a four bedroom home.
(b) Parris wanted to be paid on a monthly basis.
(c) Parris asked for extra firewood.
(d) Parris asked for the deed to his own house.
2. What does Giles claim he was unable to do until his wife stopped reading and left the house?
(a) Finish his work.
(b) Wash the dishes.
(c) Say his prayers.
(d) eat his dinner.
3. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
(a) She is angry that Betty is getting all of the attention.
(b) She is angry when Betty reminds Abigail that she drank blood to punish Elizabeth.
(c) She is angry that the other girls are turning on her.
(d) She is scared that Betty is being controlled by evil spirits.
4. What does Betty wake from her trance to do?
(a) Drink a glass of water.
(b) Add more names to the list.
(c) Scream and writhes.
(d) Sings a psalm.
5. Why doesn't Elizabeth admit that she fired Abigail for having an affair with her husband?
(a) She believes that Abigail put a spell on her husband.
(b) She doesn't know about the affair.
(c) She is protecting her husband's reputation.
(d) She doesn't care about the affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail claim was in the kettle in the forest?
2. Which of the ten commandments does John Proctor forget?
3. Where does this play take place?
4. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
5. When John Proctor gets home from seeding the farm, he learns that Mary has been gone all day. Where was she?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)