|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Putnam and John Proctor argue over the firewood. Who does it most likely belong to?
(a) Mr. Parris.
(b) John Proctor.
(c) Mr. Corey.
(d) Mr. Putnam.
2. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
(b) Supernatural causes.
3. What does Betty wake from her trance to do?
(a) Drink a glass of water.
(b) Sings a psalm.
(c) Scream and writhes.
(d) Add more names to the list.
4. What does Cheever accuse John Proctor of doing on the Sabbath?
5. How many people does Tituba claim to have seen with the devil?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary is upset and crying at the end of Act 2. Why?
2. Which male character is arrested at the end of Act 3?
3. Which character announces he/she doesn't believe in witches?
4. Why did Parris want the deed to his own house?
5. What surprising thing is learned about Elizabeth Proctor in Act 3?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)