|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims the list of witnesses is an attack on the court?
(a) Mr. Putnam.
2. Toward the end of Act 1, Betty wakes from her trance-like state and calls out for someone. Who is it?
(a) The devil.
(d) Her dead mother.
3. Abigail adds a name to Tituba's list of people working with the devil. What is that name?
(a) Bridget Bishop.
(b) Rebecca Nurse.
(c) Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) Mrs. Putnam.
4. Abigail is sure that John Proctor still has feelings for her. What example does she use to back up her claim?
(a) He looks up at her bedroom window.
(b) He made her a necklace.
(c) He argues with his wife a lot.
(d) He sends her love letters.
5. In court, Abigail claims that Mary is bewitching her by doing what to her?
(a) Making her shiver, by sending a chill wind.
(b) Making her cold with her icy stare.
(c) Making her shiver by pulling on her shawl.
(d) Making her shawl move.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Elizabeth admit that she fired Abigail for having an affair with her husband?
2. When John Proctor gets home from seeding the farm, he learns that Mary has been gone all day. Where was she?
3. What does Tituba know will happen to her if she doesn't "confess."
4. What does Giles claim he was unable to do until his wife stopped reading and left the house?
5. Giles tries to defend his wife. What does he accuse Mr. Putnam of?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)