|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who denounces the court at the end of Act 3?
2. How many miles does John Proctor live from the church?
3. What does John Proctor threaten to do to Mary if she doesn't go back to work?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Whip her.
(c) Ground her.
(d) Fire her.
4. What does Giles claim he was unable to do until his wife stopped reading and left the house?
(a) Finish his work.
(b) eat his dinner.
(c) Say his prayers.
(d) Wash the dishes.
5. Who thinks Ruth and Betty are simply suffering from a childish fit?
(a) Rebecca Nurse.
(c) John Proctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Parris get each year to buy firewood?
2. Which character announces he/she doesn't believe in witches?
3. Who tries to calm Giles when he is removed from the vestry?
4. What is Mary afraid will happen to her and her friends if they are found guilty of witchcraft?
5. What does Abigail call Elizabeth Proctor when discussing her reputation in Act 1?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)