|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abigail call Elizabeth Proctor when discussing her reputation in Act 1?
(a) A whiner.
(b) A martyr.
(c) A sinner.
(d) A liar.
2. How are the people in the trial "tested" for witchcraft?
(a) If they float in a lake, they are innocent.
(b) If the girls scream, they are jailed.
(c) If they dance and the kettle moves they are guilty.
(d) If they dance and the kettle is still they are innocent.
3. What character in Act 1 could be called a hypocrite?
4. What year is this play set in?
5. Who claims the list of witnesses is an attack on the court?
(b) Mr. Putnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Parris live before he moved to Salem?
2. What convinces Hale that the supernatural is involved, and the girls weren't just dancing?
3. What does Abigail claim was in the kettle in the forest?
4. Which character announces he/she doesn't believe in witches?
5. Who denounces the court at the end of Act 3?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)