|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John Proctor "forget" one of the commandments?
(a) He is uncomfortable saying them in front of Hale.
(b) He feels guilty.
(c) He is stressed out.
(d) He is old and forgetful.
2. What is Martha Corey accused of?
(a) Making a Voodoo doll of Abigail.
(b) Cursing a local farmer's pigs.
(c) Cursing Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) Killing a Mrs. Putnam's children.
3. What does Abigail say is wrong with Betty, when explaining her own actions to Parris?
(a) She says she fainted from the smoke from the fire.
(b) She says she fainted from the heat while they were dancing.
(c) She says she fainted from surprise when Parris appeared in the forest.q
(d) She says she fainted because her dress was too tight.
4. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
(a) He doesn't believe in witchcraft.
(b) He thinks she just has a cold and will be fine in a couple of days.
(c) He is concerned about his reputation in Salem.
(d) He is afraid the girls will cast a spell on him.
5. Who claims the list of witnesses is an attack on the court?
(d) Mr. Putnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. When John Proctor is doubtful of Rebecca Nurse's guilt, Hale reminds him of something. What is it?
2. When Elizabeth is asked why she fired Abigail, what does she say?
3. What does Danforth ask Mary to do to prove that she and the girls are lying?
4. What two things does Tituba say the devil claimed he would give her if she did what he asked?
5. Who physically attacks Abigail in court?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)