|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Proctors have a surprise visitor in Act 2. Who is it?
(c) Rebecca Nurse.
(d) Mrs. Putnam.
2. How are the people in the trial "tested" for witchcraft?
(a) If they dance and the kettle moves they are guilty.
(b) If they dance and the kettle is still they are innocent.
(c) If the girls scream, they are jailed.
(d) If they float in a lake, they are innocent.
3. What do Abigail and the girls do to scare Mary into denouncing John Proctor?
(a) They accuse her of conjuring the devil.
(b) They threaten to kill her.
(c) They mock her, copying everything she says.
(d) They faint.
4. Where are Abigail's parents?
(a) They disappeared.
(b) They died.
(c) They are friends with Parris.
(d) They are traveling.
5. Why does Giles lose his case accusing Mr. Putnam of making a land grab?
(a) He has been bewitched.
(b) His witnesses are too scared to testify.
(c) He doesn't have any evidence.
(d) He refuses to identify his witness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Parris live before he moved to Salem?
2. John Proctor tears something to pieces in Act 2. What is it?
3. Who denounces the court at the end of Act 3?
4. Who claims the list of witnesses is an attack on the court?
5. In what room are psalms being sung in Act 1?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)