|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Parris accuse John Proctor of doing to him?
(a) Leading a faction against him.
(b) Stealing his firewood.
(c) Mistreating Abigail.
(d) Being a heretic.
2. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
(a) Rumors are circulating about her dancing naked in the forest.
(b) Rumors are circulating as to her vampire tendencies.
(c) Rumors are circulating as to why she was dismissed from serving Mr. and Mrs. Proctor.
(d) Rumors are circulating about her involvement in her own parent's death.
3. What does Tituba know will happen to her if she doesn't "confess."
(a) She will be thrown out.
(b) She will be beaten.
(c) She will be forced to work for the Parris family forever.
(d) She will be killed.
4. What does Abigail say she does for John Proctor every night?
(a) Cleans his kitchen.
(b) Rubs his feet.
(c) Dances for him.
(d) Waits for him.
5. What two things does Tituba say the devil claimed he would give her if she did what he asked?
(a) Her freedom and a way back to Barbados.
(b) Money and fame.
(c) Food and water.
(d) Clothing and shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Abigail claim she was fired from serving the Proctor household?
2. Where does this play take place?
3. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
4. Toward the end of Act 1, Betty wakes from her trance-like state and calls out for someone. Who is it?
5. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)