|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people does Tituba claim to have seen with the devil?
2. What two things does Tituba say the devil claimed he would give her if she did what he asked?
(a) Food and water.
(b) Her freedom and a way back to Barbados.
(c) Money and fame.
(d) Clothing and shelter.
3. Mercy Lewis thinks Ruth is improving in Act 1 because she woke to do something. What was it?
(a) She screamed.
(b) She laughed.
(c) She coughed.
(d) She sneezed.
4. What does Abigail claim John Proctor freed her from?
(a) Work as a servant.
(b) Her moral shackles.
(c) A well she fell into when she was little.
(d) Salem's false piety.
5. What is Parris's relationship to Abigail?
(a) Abigail is his neice.
(b) Abigail is his cousin.
(c) Abigail is his adopted daughter.
(d) Abigail is his little sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
2. Who thinks Ruth and Betty are simply suffering from a childish fit?
3. What convinces Hale that the supernatural is involved, and the girls weren't just dancing?
4. What is John Proctor's excuse for not attending church often?
5. Which adult was involved in putting the girls up to "conjuration"?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)