|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character in Act 1 could be called a hypocrite?
2. When John Proctor reminds Mr. Putnam that "votes are not granted by the acre." What is he implying?
(a) Voting means more in a farming community.
(b) Just because Mr. Putnam is wealthy he doesn't have more say.
(c) Mr. Putnam is trying to use politics to gain land.
(d) In the upcoming election he won't get to vote more than once.
3. Who asks Rebecca Nurse to treat his daughter?
(a) Mr. Putnam.
(b) John Proctor.
(c) Giles Corey.
4. What was lying on the ground in the forest?
(a) A doll.
(b) A dress.
(c) An apple.
(d) A knife.
5. When Hale first enters, who helps him with the things he is carrying?
(a) Rebecca Nurse.
(c) Mary Warren.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail say she does for John Proctor every night?
2. What two things does Tituba say the devil claimed he would give her if she did what he asked?
3. When Mrs. Putnam tells Hale about her dead children, what does Hale do?
4. What does Abigail ultimately want from John Proctor?
5. What does Rebecca Nurse say say is afflicting Ruth and Betty?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)