|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abigail say she does for John Proctor every night?
(a) Cleans his kitchen.
(b) Waits for him.
(c) Dances for him.
(d) Rubs his feet.
2. When John Proctor insults Parris in Act 1, who asks him to take it back?
3. Who asks if Parris has gone through the "proper channels" to investigate witchcraft in Salem?
(c) Mr. Putnam.
(d) John Proctor.
4. What does Giles Corey's wife do with books after she reads them?
(a) Reads them again.
(b) Stacks them.
(c) Hides them.
(d) Organizes them.
5. What does Tituba "admit" the devil told her to do?
(a) Make Abigail drink blood.
(b) Dance around the fire.
(c) Kill Sarah Good.
(d) Kill Parris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toward the end of Act 1, Betty wakes from her trance-like state and calls out for someone. Who is it?
2. How much money does Parris get each year to buy firewood?
3. What was lying on the ground in the forest?
4. Who thinks Ruth and Betty are simply suffering from a childish fit?
5. What does Betty wake from her trance to do?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)