|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
(a) She accuses him of hitting her.
(b) She accuses him of being mean to her.
(c) She accuses him of trying to kill her.
(d) She accuses him of not wanting to support her.
2. Who asks Rebecca Nurse to treat his daughter?
(a) Giles Corey.
(c) Mr. Putnam.
(d) John Proctor.
3. When Susan leaves the Parris household she is asked a favor. What is it?
(a) She is asked not to mention the supernatural.
(b) She is asked to close the door behind her.
(c) She is asked to bring the doctor for a second opinion.
(d) Shis asked to pray for Betty.
4. Which two women does Tituba say she saw with the devil?
(a) Rebecca Nurse and Mrs. Putnam.
(b) Sarah Good and Goody Osburn.
(c) Elizabeth and Abigail.
(d) Mary and Mercy.
5. Who is able to calm Betty after she screams?
(a) Rebecca Nurse.
(b) Mrs. Putnam.
(d) Elizabeth Proctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Tituba doing while the other girls where dancing in the forest?
2. What does Parris accuse John Proctor of doing to him?
3. Hale asks if these two men's children are "stricken" as well. Their children are not ill. Who are they?
4. Which adult was involved in putting the girls up to "conjuration"?
5. What does Abigail say is wrong with Betty, when explaining her own actions to Parris?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)