|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abigail ultimately want from John Proctor?
(a) She wants him to kill his wife.
(b) She wants to continue the affair.
(c) She wants him to give her money.
(d) She wants him to rehire her.
2. What does Betty wake from her trance to do?
(a) Scream and writhes.
(b) Sings a psalm.
(c) Add more names to the list.
(d) Drink a glass of water.
3. Which two women does Tituba say she saw with the devil?
(a) Elizabeth and Abigail.
(b) Sarah Good and Goody Osburn.
(c) Mary and Mercy.
(d) Rebecca Nurse and Mrs. Putnam.
4. How does John Proctor describe Parris' sermons?
(a) As "hellfire and bloody damnation" sermons.
(b) As "fire and brimstone" sermons.
(c) As "guilt and sin" sermons.
(d) As "light and fluffy" sermons.
5. John Proctor scolds Mary at the beginning of Act 1. What has she done that makes him angry?
(a) She spilled wine on the table.
(b) She forgot to put the horses in the stable.
(c) She left the house without permission.
(d) She ate the last piece of bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail call Elizabeth Proctor when discussing her reputation in Act 1?
2. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
3. Who is the naked figure Parris sees disappear into the woods in Act 1?
4. Which character warns everyone against jumping to conclusions?
5. When Hale arrives, what is he carrying?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)