|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Putnam and John Proctor argue over the firewood. Who does it most likely belong to?
(a) Mr. Putnam.
(b) John Proctor.
(c) Mr. Parris.
(d) Mr. Corey.
2. Where are Abigail's parents?
(a) They died.
(b) They are friends with Parris.
(c) They disappeared.
(d) They are traveling.
3. What does Giles Corey's wife do with books after she reads them?
(a) Organizes them.
(b) Hides them.
(c) Stacks them.
(d) Reads them again.
4. Which character announces he/she doesn't believe in witches?
(a) Rebecca Nurse.
(c) Giles Corey.
(d) Mrs. Putnam.
5. When the girls list the other names of people they've seen with the devil, what does Hale do?
(a) Sends Parris to jail.
(b) Issues a death warrant.
(c) Laughs and says that is ridiculous.
(d) Sends for them to be brought back in irons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giles claim he was unable to do until his wife stopped reading and left the house?
2. Abigail is sure that John Proctor still has feelings for her. What example does she use to back up her claim?
3. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
4. How many miles does John Proctor live from the church?
5. What does Abigail threaten to do to the girls if they admit to more than dancing?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)