|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was lying on the ground in the forest?
(a) An apple.
(b) A knife.
(c) A dress.
(d) A doll.
2. How many of Mrs. Putnam's children have died?
3. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
(b) Supernatural causes.
4. What year is this play set in?
5. At the end of Act 1, what does Mr. Putnam threaten to do?
(a) He threatens to leave.
(b) He threatens to sue.
(c) He threatens to kill Parris.
(d) He threatens to stop chopping firewood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail ultimately want from John Proctor?
2. Who is able to calm Betty after she screams?
3. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
4. Who is the Putnams' servant?
5. What convinces Hale that the supernatural is involved, and the girls weren't just dancing?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)