|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
(a) He is concerned about his reputation in Salem.
(b) He thinks she just has a cold and will be fine in a couple of days.
(c) He doesn't believe in witchcraft.
(d) He is afraid the girls will cast a spell on him.
2. What does Abigail ultimately want from John Proctor?
(a) She wants him to rehire her.
(b) She wants him to kill his wife.
(c) She wants him to give her money.
(d) She wants to continue the affair.
3. In what room are psalms being sung in Act 1?
(a) The living room.
(b) The parlor.
(c) The den.
(d) The kitchen.
4. When Hale first enters, who helps him with the things he is carrying?
(a) Mary Warren.
(d) Rebecca Nurse.
5. Who thinks Ruth and Betty are simply suffering from a childish fit?
(b) Rebecca Nurse.
(d) John Proctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Parris want the deed to his own house?
2. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
3. Abigail adds a name to Tituba's list of people working with the devil. What is that name?
4. Who claims Tituba has knowledge of conjuration?
5. How many people does Tituba claim to have seen with the devil?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)