|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giles Corey's wife do with books after she reads them?
(a) Reads them again.
(b) Organizes them.
(c) Stacks them.
(d) Hides them.
2. At the end of Act 1, what does Mr. Putnam threaten to do?
(a) He threatens to leave.
(b) He threatens to stop chopping firewood.
(c) He threatens to kill Parris.
(d) He threatens to sue.
3. What does Abigail say is wrong with Betty, when explaining her own actions to Parris?
(a) She says she fainted from surprise when Parris appeared in the forest.q
(b) She says she fainted because her dress was too tight.
(c) She says she fainted from the heat while they were dancing.
(d) She says she fainted from the smoke from the fire.
4. Which adult was involved in putting the girls up to "conjuration"?
(b) Mr. Putnam.
(c) John Proctor.
(d) Mrs. Putnam.
5. Giles Corey feels Parris is too concerned with wealth. What does he offer as an example?
(a) Parris asked for the deed to his own house.
(b) Parris asked for a four bedroom home.
(c) Parris wanted to be paid on a monthly basis.
(d) Parris asked for extra firewood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people does Tituba claim to have seen with the devil?
2. What convinces Hale that the supernatural is involved, and the girls weren't just dancing?
3. Abigail is sure that John Proctor still has feelings for her. What example does she use to back up her claim?
4. Which character warns everyone against jumping to conclusions?
5. What year is this play set in?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)