|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John Proctor reminds Mr. Putnam that "votes are not granted by the acre." What is he implying?
(a) Just because Mr. Putnam is wealthy he doesn't have more say.
(b) In the upcoming election he won't get to vote more than once.
(c) Mr. Putnam is trying to use politics to gain land.
(d) Voting means more in a farming community.
2. How many of Mrs. Putnam's children have died?
3. When Hale first enters, who helps him with the things he is carrying?
(b) Mary Warren.
(c) Rebecca Nurse.
4. What does Tituba "admit" the devil told her to do?
(a) Dance around the fire.
(b) Kill Parris.
(c) Kill Sarah Good.
(d) Make Abigail drink blood.
5. What does Abigail call Elizabeth Proctor when discussing her reputation in Act 1?
(a) A liar.
(b) A martyr.
(c) A whiner.
(d) A sinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
2. What does Giles Corey's wife do with books after she reads them?
3. What does John Proctor threaten to do to Mary if she doesn't go back to work?
4. In what room are psalms being sung in Act 1?
5. Who believes Ruth's condition is the work of Satan?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)