|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
(b) Supernatural causes.
2. Who has heard that Hale has a "reputation for rationality" and tells him so?
(c) Mr. Putnam.
(d) John Proctor.
3. When Hale arrives, what is he carrying?
(a) Two suitcases.
(b) Heavy books.
(c) A cane.
(d) A long rope.
4. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
(a) She is angry that Betty is getting all of the attention.
(b) She is scared that Betty is being controlled by evil spirits.
(c) She is angry when Betty reminds Abigail that she drank blood to punish Elizabeth.
(d) She is angry that the other girls are turning on her.
5. What does Abigail accuse Tituba of making her do?
(a) Take her clothes off.
(b) Drink blood.
(d) Run away from home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Rebecca Nurse to treat his daughter?
2. Who complains that he/she is living in "poverty"?
3. What does Abigail threaten to do to the girls if they admit to more than dancing?
4. Where did Parris live before he moved to Salem?
5. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)