|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Betty wake from her trance to do?
(a) Sings a psalm.
(b) Add more names to the list.
(c) Drink a glass of water.
(d) Scream and writhes.
2. What is Mary afraid will happen to her and her friends if they are found guilty of witchcraft?
(a) They will be hanged.
(b) They will be drowned.
(c) They will be burned at the stake.
(d) They will be grounded.
3. How many people does Tituba claim to have seen with the devil?
4. Which character warns everyone against jumping to conclusions?
(b) John Proctor.
(c) Mrs. Putnam.
5. What does Abigail claim John Proctor freed her from?
(a) Salem's false piety.
(b) A well she fell into when she was little.
(c) Her moral shackles.
(d) Work as a servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
2. How old is Abigail?
3. Who suggests that everyone put their faith in God and the doctor?
4. Hale asks if these two men's children are "stricken" as well. Their children are not ill. Who are they?
5. What was Tituba doing while the other girls where dancing in the forest?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)