|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
(a) She is scared that Betty is being controlled by evil spirits.
(b) She is angry when Betty reminds Abigail that she drank blood to punish Elizabeth.
(c) She is angry that Betty is getting all of the attention.
(d) She is angry that the other girls are turning on her.
2. What does John Proctor do for a living?
(a) He is a coal miner.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is owns a grocery store.
(d) He is a farmer.
3. Who asks Rebecca Nurse to treat his daughter?
(a) Mr. Putnam.
(c) John Proctor.
(d) Giles Corey.
4. What was Tituba doing while the other girls where dancing in the forest?
(a) Dancing with them.
(b) Chopping firewood.
(c) Drinking blood.
(d) Waving her hands over the fire.
5. What does Abigail say she does for John Proctor every night?
(a) Dances for him.
(b) Waits for him.
(c) Cleans his kitchen.
(d) Rubs his feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character in Act 1 could be called a hypocrite?
2. Who thinks Ruth and Betty are simply suffering from a childish fit?
3. In what room are psalms being sung in Act 1?
4. How does John Proctor describe Parris' sermons?
5. When the girls list the other names of people they've seen with the devil, what does Hale do?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)