|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
(a) He is an expert in child psychology.
(b) He is an expert at exorcism.
(c) He is an expert in children's medicine.
(d) He is an expert in the demonic arts.
2. Who is the Putnams' servant?
3. Where are Abigail's parents?
(a) They are traveling.
(b) They are friends with Parris.
(c) They disappeared.
(d) They died.
4. What character in Act 1 could be called a hypocrite?
5. Hale asks if these two men's children are "stricken" as well. Their children are not ill. Who are they?
(a) Mr. Putnam and Parris.
(b) Mr. Putnam and John Proctor.
(c) Giles and John Proctor.
(d) Cheever and Danforth.
Short Answer Questions
1. John Proctor scolds Mary at the beginning of Act 1. What has she done that makes him angry?
2. Where did Parris live before he moved to Salem?
3. What is Mary afraid will happen to her and her friends if they are found guilty of witchcraft?
4. What does Tituba know will happen to her if she doesn't "confess."
5. Who asks if Parris has gone through the "proper channels" to investigate witchcraft in Salem?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)