|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Giles Corey feels Parris is too concerned with wealth. What does he offer as an example?
(a) Parris asked for a four bedroom home.
(b) Parris asked for the deed to his own house.
(c) Parris wanted to be paid on a monthly basis.
(d) Parris asked for extra firewood.
2. Abigail is sure that John Proctor still has feelings for her. What example does she use to back up her claim?
(a) He made her a necklace.
(b) He looks up at her bedroom window.
(c) He sends her love letters.
(d) He argues with his wife a lot.
3. Who has heard that Hale has a "reputation for rationality" and tells him so?
(a) John Proctor.
(b) Mr. Putnam.
4. What does Abigail claim John Proctor freed her from?
(a) A well she fell into when she was little.
(b) Her moral shackles.
(c) Work as a servant.
(d) Salem's false piety.
5. John Proctor scolds Mary at the beginning of Act 1. What has she done that makes him angry?
(a) She spilled wine on the table.
(b) She ate the last piece of bread.
(c) She left the house without permission.
(d) She forgot to put the horses in the stable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Proctor do for a living?
2. What does Abigail call Elizabeth Proctor when discussing her reputation in Act 1?
3. Who complains that he/she is living in "poverty"?
4. What does Abigail claim was in the kettle in the forest?
5. What character in Act 1 could be called a hypocrite?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)