|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Rebecca Nurse to treat his daughter?
(a) Mr. Putnam.
(c) John Proctor.
(d) Giles Corey.
2. Where does this play take place?
(a) Salem, Massachussetts.
(b) Salem, Virginia.
(c) Salem, Oregon.
(d) Salem, New Hampshire.
3. Who suggests that everyone put their faith in God and the doctor?
4. What does Rebecca Nurse say say is afflicting Ruth and Betty?
(a) A serious flu.
(b) A spell cast by the devil.
(c) A childish fit.
(d) A mild sore throat.
5. Why does Abigail claim she was fired from serving the Proctor household?
(a) She says John Proctor was unhappy with her cooking.
(b) She says Elizabeth Proctor didn't like her.
(c) She says Elizabeth Proctor wanted her to do the work of a slave.
(d) She says Elizabeth Proctor didn't like her cooking.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles does John Proctor live from the church?
2. What does Giles claim he was unable to do until his wife stopped reading and left the house?
3. What does Abigail claim was in the kettle in the forest?
4. What does Abigail say is wrong with Betty, when explaining her own actions to Parris?
5. What does Abigail ultimately want from John Proctor?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)