|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does Tituba say the devil claimed he would give her if she did what he asked?
(a) Food and water.
(b) Her freedom and a way back to Barbados.
(c) Money and fame.
(d) Clothing and shelter.
2. Where does this play take place?
(a) Salem, Massachussetts.
(b) Salem, Virginia.
(c) Salem, New Hampshire.
(d) Salem, Oregon.
3. Where did Parris live before he moved to Salem?
4. What does Abigail threaten to do to the girls if they admit to more than dancing?
(a) She will beat them.
(b) She will tell on them.
(c) She will kill them.
(d) She will run away.
5. What is John Proctor's excuse for not attending church often?
(a) He says he goes to another church closer to his home.
(b) He says he has too much work to do.
(c) He says he is too busy chopping firewood.
(d) He says Parris' sermons are not worth the long trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two women does Tituba say she saw with the devil?
2. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
3. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
4. Who thinks Ruth and Betty are simply suffering from a childish fit?
5. How many people does Tituba claim to have seen with the devil?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)