|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John Proctor reminds Mr. Putnam that "votes are not granted by the acre." What is he implying?
(a) Voting means more in a farming community.
(b) Mr. Putnam is trying to use politics to gain land.
(c) In the upcoming election he won't get to vote more than once.
(d) Just because Mr. Putnam is wealthy he doesn't have more say.
2. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
(a) He is an expert in the demonic arts.
(b) He is an expert in children's medicine.
(c) He is an expert in child psychology.
(d) He is an expert at exorcism.
3. What does Giles claim he was unable to do until his wife stopped reading and left the house?
(a) Say his prayers.
(b) eat his dinner.
(c) Wash the dishes.
(d) Finish his work.
4. Who is able to calm Betty after she screams?
(b) Mrs. Putnam.
(c) Rebecca Nurse.
(d) Elizabeth Proctor.
5. Where are Abigail's parents?
(a) They died.
(b) They disappeared.
(c) They are friends with Parris.
(d) They are traveling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John Proctor threaten to whip Abigail?
2. How does John Proctor describe Parris' sermons?
3. What does Abigail call Elizabeth Proctor when discussing her reputation in Act 1?
4. Abigail is sure that John Proctor still has feelings for her. What example does she use to back up her claim?
5. What was Tituba doing while the other girls where dancing in the forest?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)