|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests that everyone put their faith in God and the doctor?
2. What does Abigail threaten to do to the girls if they admit to more than dancing?
(a) She will kill them.
(b) She will beat them.
(c) She will tell on them.
(d) She will run away.
3. What does Abigail say she does for John Proctor every night?
(a) Cleans his kitchen.
(b) Dances for him.
(c) Waits for him.
(d) Rubs his feet.
4. Why does Abigail claim she was fired from serving the Proctor household?
(a) She says Elizabeth Proctor wanted her to do the work of a slave.
(b) She says Elizabeth Proctor didn't like her.
(c) She says John Proctor was unhappy with her cooking.
(d) She says Elizabeth Proctor didn't like her cooking.
5. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
(a) He thinks she just has a cold and will be fine in a couple of days.
(b) He is concerned about his reputation in Salem.
(c) He doesn't believe in witchcraft.
(d) He is afraid the girls will cast a spell on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Mrs. Putnam's children have died?
2. When Mrs. Putnam tells Hale about her dead children, what does Hale do?
3. When Susan leaves the Parris household she is asked a favor. What is it?
4. What does Parris accuse John Proctor of doing to him?
5. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)