|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims Tituba has knowledge of conjuration?
(a) Mrs. Putnam.
(b) Rebecca Nurse.
(c) Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) Mr. Putnam.
2. What does Abigail say she does for John Proctor every night?
(a) Dances for him.
(b) Rubs his feet.
(c) Waits for him.
(d) Cleans his kitchen.
3. What does Giles Corey's wife do with books after she reads them?
(a) Organizes them.
(b) Hides them.
(c) Reads them again.
(d) Stacks them.
4. Who is able to calm Betty after she screams?
(a) Elizabeth Proctor.
(b) Mrs. Putnam.
(c) Rebecca Nurse.
5. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character warns everyone against jumping to conclusions?
2. What character in Act 1 could be called a hypocrite?
3. What was lying on the ground in the forest?
4. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
5. Hale is embarrassed by a compliment on his rationality. Which character gives him the compliment?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)