|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what room are psalms being sung in Act 1?
(a) The parlor.
(b) The living room.
(c) The den.
(d) The kitchen.
2. What does Abigail say is wrong with Betty, when explaining her own actions to Parris?
(a) She says she fainted from the smoke from the fire.
(b) She says she fainted because her dress was too tight.
(c) She says she fainted from the heat while they were dancing.
(d) She says she fainted from surprise when Parris appeared in the forest.q
3. Who is the naked figure Parris sees disappear into the woods in Act 1?
(a) Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) Mercy Lewis.
4. What does Mrs. Putnam claim is evidence that Betty has been involved in Witchcraft?
(a) Betty calls out for her dead mother.
(b) Betty covers her ears and begins screaming when a psalm is sung.
(c) Betty has a wart on her thumb.
(d) Betty starts speaking in a strange language.
5. At the end of Act 1, what does Mr. Putnam threaten to do?
(a) He threatens to sue.
(b) He threatens to leave.
(c) He threatens to stop chopping firewood.
(d) He threatens to kill Parris.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Parris get each year to buy firewood?
2. What two things does Tituba say the devil claimed he would give her if she did what he asked?
3. What was lying on the ground in the forest?
4. John Proctor scolds Mary at the beginning of Act 1. What has she done that makes him angry?
5. Who suggests that everyone put their faith in God and the doctor?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)