|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abigail claim John Proctor freed her from?
(a) A well she fell into when she was little.
(b) Her moral shackles.
(c) Work as a servant.
(d) Salem's false piety.
2. Abigail adds a name to Tituba's list of people working with the devil. What is that name?
(a) Rebecca Nurse.
(b) Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) Mrs. Putnam.
(d) Bridget Bishop.
3. What is John Proctor's excuse for not attending church often?
(a) He says Parris' sermons are not worth the long trip.
(b) He says he is too busy chopping firewood.
(c) He says he goes to another church closer to his home.
(d) He says he has too much work to do.
4. What convinces Hale that the supernatural is involved, and the girls weren't just dancing?
(a) Parris says he saw something moving in the kettle.
(b) Mrs. Putnam says seven of her children died at birth.
(c) Parris says he saw a naked figure disappear into the forest.
(d) Mrs. Putnam says Sarah Good was her midwife.
5. Who is the naked figure Parris sees disappear into the woods in Act 1?
(a) Mercy Lewis.
(d) Elizabeth Proctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Abigail claim she was fired from serving the Proctor household?
2. What does Betty wake from her trance to do?
3. Who asks if Parris has gone through the "proper channels" to investigate witchcraft in Salem?
4. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
5. Why is Mrs. Putnam suspicious of Sarah Good?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)