|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Abigail?
2. When Susan leaves the Parris household she is asked a favor. What is it?
(a) She is asked to close the door behind her.
(b) She is asked to bring the doctor for a second opinion.
(c) She is asked not to mention the supernatural.
(d) Shis asked to pray for Betty.
3. How many people does Tituba claim to have seen with the devil?
4. What is John Proctor's excuse for not attending church often?
(a) He says he has too much work to do.
(b) He says he goes to another church closer to his home.
(c) He says he is too busy chopping firewood.
(d) He says Parris' sermons are not worth the long trip.
5. Why does John Proctor threaten to whip Abigail?
(a) Abigail is hitting him.
(b) Abigail is speaking against his wife.
(c) Abigail is hitting Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) Abigail is throwing things at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hale asks if these two men's children are "stricken" as well. Their children are not ill. Who are they?
2. What does Abigail call Elizabeth Proctor when discussing her reputation in Act 1?
3. Who is the Putnams' servant?
4. What does Abigail claim was in the kettle in the forest?
5. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)