|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was lying on the ground in the forest?
(a) A dress.
(b) A doll.
(c) An apple.
(d) A knife.
2. What does Abigail accuse Tituba of making her do?
(b) Run away from home.
(c) Drink blood.
(d) Take her clothes off.
3. What does Mrs. Putnam claim is evidence that Betty has been involved in Witchcraft?
(a) Betty covers her ears and begins screaming when a psalm is sung.
(b) Betty calls out for her dead mother.
(c) Betty starts speaking in a strange language.
(d) Betty has a wart on her thumb.
4. Who asks if Parris has gone through the "proper channels" to investigate witchcraft in Salem?
(a) John Proctor.
(d) Mr. Putnam.
5. Which two women does Tituba say she saw with the devil?
(a) Mary and Mercy.
(b) Sarah Good and Goody Osburn.
(c) Rebecca Nurse and Mrs. Putnam.
(d) Elizabeth and Abigail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail threaten to do to the girls if they admit to more than dancing?
2. Why does Abigail claim she was fired from serving the Proctor household?
3. Which character warns everyone against jumping to conclusions?
4. Why does John Proctor threaten to whip Abigail?
5. Mercy Lewis thinks Ruth is improving in Act 1 because she woke to do something. What was it?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)