|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rebecca Nurse say say is afflicting Ruth and Betty?
(a) A spell cast by the devil.
(b) A serious flu.
(c) A childish fit.
(d) A mild sore throat.
2. What does Parris accuse John Proctor of doing to him?
(a) Stealing his firewood.
(b) Being a heretic.
(c) Leading a faction against him.
(d) Mistreating Abigail.
3. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
4. What character in Act 1 could be called a hypocrite?
5. What does Betty wake from her trance to do?
(a) Drink a glass of water.
(b) Sings a psalm.
(c) Add more names to the list.
(d) Scream and writhes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mrs. Putnam tells Hale about her dead children, what does Hale do?
2. What does Giles claim he was unable to do until his wife stopped reading and left the house?
3. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
4. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
5. What does Mrs. Putnam claim is evidence that Betty has been involved in Witchcraft?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)