|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Abigail?
2. Toward the end of Act 1, Betty wakes from her trance-like state and calls out for someone. Who is it?
(a) Her dead mother.
(c) The devil.
3. Who has heard that Hale has a "reputation for rationality" and tells him so?
(a) Mr. Putnam.
(b) John Proctor.
4. Giles Corey feels Parris is too concerned with wealth. What does he offer as an example?
(a) Parris asked for extra firewood.
(b) Parris wanted to be paid on a monthly basis.
(c) Parris asked for the deed to his own house.
(d) Parris asked for a four bedroom home.
5. Who is the naked figure Parris sees disappear into the woods in Act 1?
(a) Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) Mercy Lewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail threaten to do to the girls if they admit to more than dancing?
2. Where are Abigail's parents?
3. What does Parris accuse John Proctor of doing to him?
4. What was Tituba doing while the other girls where dancing in the forest?
5. When Mrs. Putnam tells Hale about her dead children, what does Hale do?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)