|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does this play take place?
(a) Salem, Massachussetts.
(b) Salem, Oregon.
(c) Salem, Virginia.
(d) Salem, New Hampshire.
2. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
(a) He thinks she just has a cold and will be fine in a couple of days.
(b) He doesn't believe in witchcraft.
(c) He is afraid the girls will cast a spell on him.
(d) He is concerned about his reputation in Salem.
3. What was lying on the ground in the forest?
(a) An apple.
(b) A knife.
(c) A doll.
(d) A dress.
4. Which adult was involved in putting the girls up to "conjuration"?
(a) Mr. Putnam.
(b) John Proctor.
(c) Mrs. Putnam.
5. Who believes Ruth's condition is the work of Satan?
(a) John Proctor.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Putnam.
(d) Elizabeth Proctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Parris live before he moved to Salem?
2. Who has heard that Hale has a "reputation for rationality" and tells him so?
3. How many people does Tituba claim to have seen with the devil?
4. Giles Corey asks Hale to explain his wife's behavior. What particular behavior is he concerned about?
5. Abigail is sure that John Proctor still has feelings for her. What example does she use to back up her claim?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)