|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abigail accuse Tituba of making her do?
(a) Drink blood.
(c) Take her clothes off.
(d) Run away from home.
2. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
3. What does John Proctor threaten to do to Mary if she doesn't go back to work?
(a) Ground her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Fire her.
(d) Whip her.
4. When John Proctor reminds Mr. Putnam that "votes are not granted by the acre." What is he implying?
(a) In the upcoming election he won't get to vote more than once.
(b) Voting means more in a farming community.
(c) Mr. Putnam is trying to use politics to gain land.
(d) Just because Mr. Putnam is wealthy he doesn't have more say.
5. What is Parris's relationship to Abigail?
(a) Abigail is his adopted daughter.
(b) Abigail is his neice.
(c) Abigail is his cousin.
(d) Abigail is his little sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rebecca Nurse say say is afflicting Ruth and Betty?
2. Who asks Rebecca Nurse to treat his daughter?
3. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
4. What does Mrs. Putnam claim is evidence that Betty has been involved in Witchcraft?
5. What does Abigail tell Parris that she and the girls where doing in the woods?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)