|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hale first enters, who helps him with the things he is carrying?
(a) Rebecca Nurse.
(d) Mary Warren.
2. What convinces Hale that the supernatural is involved, and the girls weren't just dancing?
(a) Parris says he saw a naked figure disappear into the forest.
(b) Parris says he saw something moving in the kettle.
(c) Mrs. Putnam says seven of her children died at birth.
(d) Mrs. Putnam says Sarah Good was her midwife.
3. How many of Mrs. Putnam's children have died?
4. Giles Corey asks Hale to explain his wife's behavior. What particular behavior is he concerned about?
(a) His wife reads a lot of books.
(b) His wife has decided to become a nurse.
(c) His wife doesn't go to church anymore.
(d) His wife has stopped talking.
5. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
(a) He is an expert in the demonic arts.
(b) He is an expert at exorcism.
(c) He is an expert in children's medicine.
(d) He is an expert in child psychology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail call Elizabeth Proctor when discussing her reputation in Act 1?
2. What does Mrs. Putnam claim is evidence that Betty has been involved in Witchcraft?
3. In what room are psalms being sung in Act 1?
4. What does Abigail accuse Tituba of making her do?
5. Where does this play take place?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)