|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does this play take place?
(a) Salem, New Hampshire.
(b) Salem, Massachussetts.
(c) Salem, Oregon.
(d) Salem, Virginia.
2. What is John Proctor's excuse for not attending church often?
(a) He says he is too busy chopping firewood.
(b) He says he has too much work to do.
(c) He says he goes to another church closer to his home.
(d) He says Parris' sermons are not worth the long trip.
3. Who asks Rebecca Nurse to treat his daughter?
(b) Giles Corey.
(c) Mr. Putnam.
(d) John Proctor.
4. What does Rebecca Nurse say say is afflicting Ruth and Betty?
(a) A spell cast by the devil.
(b) A mild sore throat.
(c) A serious flu.
(d) A childish fit.
5. What does Giles Corey's wife do with books after she reads them?
(a) Stacks them.
(b) Organizes them.
(c) Reads them again.
(d) Hides them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail call Elizabeth Proctor when discussing her reputation in Act 1?
2. What is Parris's relationship to Abigail?
3. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
4. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
5. What does Abigail say is wrong with Betty, when explaining her own actions to Parris?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)