|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Rebecca Nurse to treat his daughter?
(a) Giles Corey.
(b) Mr. Putnam.
(c) John Proctor.
2. Where did Parris live before he moved to Salem?
3. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
(a) She is angry that Betty is getting all of the attention.
(b) She is angry when Betty reminds Abigail that she drank blood to punish Elizabeth.
(c) She is angry that the other girls are turning on her.
(d) She is scared that Betty is being controlled by evil spirits.
4. What convinces Hale that the supernatural is involved, and the girls weren't just dancing?
(a) Parris says he saw something moving in the kettle.
(b) Parris says he saw a naked figure disappear into the forest.
(c) Mrs. Putnam says seven of her children died at birth.
(d) Mrs. Putnam says Sarah Good was her midwife.
5. Who complains that he/she is living in "poverty"?
(d) Rebecca Nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Tituba doing while the other girls where dancing in the forest?
2. When Mrs. Putnam tells Hale about her dead children, what does Hale do?
3. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
4. At the end of Act 1, what does Mr. Putnam threaten to do?
5. Abigail adds a name to Tituba's list of people working with the devil. What is that name?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)