|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims Tituba has knowledge of conjuration?
(a) Rebecca Nurse.
(b) Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) Mrs. Putnam.
(d) Mr. Putnam.
2. How many people does Tituba claim to have seen with the devil?
3. Who is the naked figure Parris sees disappear into the woods in Act 1?
(a) Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) Mercy Lewis.
4. What does John Proctor threaten to do to Mary if she doesn't go back to work?
(a) Whip her.
(b) Fire her.
(c) Ground her.
(d) Kill her.
5. What does Giles claim he was unable to do until his wife stopped reading and left the house?
(a) Say his prayers.
(b) Finish his work.
(c) Wash the dishes.
(d) eat his dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character announces he/she doesn't believe in witches?
2. What was Tituba doing while the other girls where dancing in the forest?
3. In what room are psalms being sung in Act 1?
4. Why does John Proctor threaten to whip Abigail?
5. Who has heard that Hale has a "reputation for rationality" and tells him so?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)