|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
2. Where did Hale find a witch the year before the current action in the play?
3. What does John Proctor do for a living?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a farmer.
(c) He is a coal miner.
(d) He is owns a grocery store.
4. Giles Corey asks Hale to explain his wife's behavior. What particular behavior is he concerned about?
(a) His wife has stopped talking.
(b) His wife doesn't go to church anymore.
(c) His wife reads a lot of books.
(d) His wife has decided to become a nurse.
5. When John Proctor insults Parris in Act 1, who asks him to take it back?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hale first enters, who helps him with the things he is carrying?
2. How does John Proctor describe Parris' sermons?
3. Who complains that he/she is living in "poverty"?
4. What year is this play set in?
5. Where are Abigail's parents?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)