|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Giles Corey asks Hale to explain his wife's behavior. What particular behavior is he concerned about?
(a) His wife doesn't go to church anymore.
(b) His wife has stopped talking.
(c) His wife has decided to become a nurse.
(d) His wife reads a lot of books.
2. Where does this play take place?
(a) Salem, New Hampshire.
(b) Salem, Oregon.
(c) Salem, Massachussetts.
(d) Salem, Virginia.
3. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
4. Who is the Putnams' servant?
5. Who is the naked figure Parris sees disappear into the woods in Act 1?
(a) Mercy Lewis.
(d) Elizabeth Proctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
2. What does Mrs. Putnam claim is evidence that Betty has been involved in Witchcraft?
3. When Susan leaves the Parris household she is asked a favor. What is it?
4. Why did Parris want the deed to his own house?
5. Why is Mrs. Putnam suspicious of Sarah Good?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)