|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who thinks Ruth and Betty are simply suffering from a childish fit?
(a) Rebecca Nurse.
(c) John Proctor.
2. What does Abigail claim John Proctor freed her from?
(a) Work as a servant.
(b) A well she fell into when she was little.
(c) Her moral shackles.
(d) Salem's false piety.
3. What does John Proctor threaten to do to Mary if she doesn't go back to work?
(a) Whip her.
(b) Ground her.
(c) Fire her.
(d) Kill her.
4. Hale asks if these two men's children are "stricken" as well. Their children are not ill. Who are they?
(a) Mr. Putnam and John Proctor.
(b) Mr. Putnam and Parris.
(c) Cheever and Danforth.
(d) Giles and John Proctor.
5. In what room are psalms being sung in Act 1?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The parlor.
(c) The den.
(d) The living room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character announces he/she doesn't believe in witches?
2. What does Abigail accuse Tituba of making her do?
3. Who asks if Parris has gone through the "proper channels" to investigate witchcraft in Salem?
4. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
5. What convinces Hale that the supernatural is involved, and the girls weren't just dancing?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)