|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hale first enters, who helps him with the things he is carrying?
(a) Mary Warren.
(c) Rebecca Nurse.
2. Hale is embarrassed by a compliment on his rationality. Which character gives him the compliment?
(d) John Proctor.
3. Where does this play take place?
(a) Salem, Oregon.
(b) Salem, Massachussetts.
(c) Salem, Virginia.
(d) Salem, New Hampshire.
4. Who asks Rebecca Nurse to treat his daughter?
(a) Mr. Putnam.
(c) John Proctor.
(d) Giles Corey.
5. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
(a) She is angry that Betty is getting all of the attention.
(b) She is angry that the other girls are turning on her.
(c) She is scared that Betty is being controlled by evil spirits.
(d) She is angry when Betty reminds Abigail that she drank blood to punish Elizabeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Proctor do for a living?
2. What does Tituba know will happen to her if she doesn't "confess."
3. When Susan leaves the Parris household she is asked a favor. What is it?
4. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
5. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)