|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believes Ruth's condition is the work of Satan?
(b) Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) John Proctor.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Putnam.
2. When John Proctor insults Parris in Act 1, who asks him to take it back?
3. Abigail adds a name to Tituba's list of people working with the devil. What is that name?
(a) Rebecca Nurse.
(b) Bridget Bishop.
(c) Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) Mrs. Putnam.
4. When Susan leaves the Parris household she is asked a favor. What is it?
(a) Shis asked to pray for Betty.
(b) She is asked not to mention the supernatural.
(c) She is asked to close the door behind her.
(d) She is asked to bring the doctor for a second opinion.
5. When Hale first enters, who helps him with the things he is carrying?
(b) Rebecca Nurse.
(c) Mary Warren.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail say she does for John Proctor every night?
2. Who is the Putnams' servant?
3. Giles Corey asks Hale to explain his wife's behavior. What particular behavior is he concerned about?
4. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
5. Who suggests that everyone put their faith in God and the doctor?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)