|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abigail say she does for John Proctor every night?
(a) Dances for him.
(b) Cleans his kitchen.
(c) Waits for him.
(d) Rubs his feet.
2. How many miles does John Proctor live from the church?
3. Who suggests that everyone put their faith in God and the doctor?
4. What does Abigail claim was in the kettle in the forest?
(b) Apple cider.
5. Hale asks if these two men's children are "stricken" as well. Their children are not ill. Who are they?
(a) Cheever and Danforth.
(b) Mr. Putnam and John Proctor.
(c) Giles and John Proctor.
(d) Mr. Putnam and Parris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
2. When Hale first enters, who helps him with the things he is carrying?
3. Toward the end of Act 1, Betty wakes from her trance-like state and calls out for someone. Who is it?
4. Who asks Rebecca Nurse to treat his daughter?
5. How many of Mrs. Putnam's children have died?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)