|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abigail tell Parris that she and the girls where doing in the woods?
(a) Abigail admits they were dancing to cast a spell on Elizabeth Proctor.
(b) Abigail admits they lit a fire to keep warm, but they were not dancing.
(c) Abigail admits they were dancing, but just for fun.
(d) Abigail says they were picking berries.
2. When Susan leaves the Parris household she is asked a favor. What is it?
(a) She is asked to close the door behind her.
(b) She is asked not to mention the supernatural.
(c) She is asked to bring the doctor for a second opinion.
(d) Shis asked to pray for Betty.
3. What is Mary afraid will happen to her and her friends if they are found guilty of witchcraft?
(a) They will be burned at the stake.
(b) They will be grounded.
(c) They will be drowned.
(d) They will be hanged.
4. What does Betty wake from her trance to do?
(a) Add more names to the list.
(b) Sings a psalm.
(c) Scream and writhes.
(d) Drink a glass of water.
5. Toward the end of Act 1, Betty wakes from her trance-like state and calls out for someone. Who is it?
(b) Her dead mother.
(d) The devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Parris's relationship to Abigail?
2. Which two women does Tituba say she saw with the devil?
3. Why does Abigail claim she was fired from serving the Proctor household?
4. How does John Proctor describe Parris' sermons?
5. Who has heard that Hale has a "reputation for rationality" and tells him so?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)