|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
(a) He is afraid the girls will cast a spell on him.
(b) He doesn't believe in witchcraft.
(c) He is concerned about his reputation in Salem.
(d) He thinks she just has a cold and will be fine in a couple of days.
2. Which two women does Tituba say she saw with the devil?
(a) Sarah Good and Goody Osburn.
(b) Elizabeth and Abigail.
(c) Mary and Mercy.
(d) Rebecca Nurse and Mrs. Putnam.
3. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
(a) She is angry that the other girls are turning on her.
(b) She is angry when Betty reminds Abigail that she drank blood to punish Elizabeth.
(c) She is angry that Betty is getting all of the attention.
(d) She is scared that Betty is being controlled by evil spirits.
4. What does Giles claim he was unable to do until his wife stopped reading and left the house?
(a) Wash the dishes.
(b) Finish his work.
(c) eat his dinner.
(d) Say his prayers.
5. How old is Abigail?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hale find a witch the year before the current action in the play?
2. Who claims Tituba has knowledge of conjuration?
3. Who is able to calm Betty after she screams?
4. What does Abigail accuse Tituba of making her do?
5. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)