|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Parris get each year to buy firewood?
(a) Three pounds.
(b) Six pounds.
(c) Five pounds.
(d) Ten pounds.
2. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
(a) She is angry that Betty is getting all of the attention.
(b) She is angry when Betty reminds Abigail that she drank blood to punish Elizabeth.
(c) She is angry that the other girls are turning on her.
(d) She is scared that Betty is being controlled by evil spirits.
3. What does Abigail claim John Proctor freed her from?
(a) Salem's false piety.
(b) Work as a servant.
(c) Her moral shackles.
(d) A well she fell into when she was little.
4. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
(a) Supernatural causes.
5. What does Rebecca Nurse say say is afflicting Ruth and Betty?
(a) A mild sore throat.
(b) A spell cast by the devil.
(c) A serious flu.
(d) A childish fit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Abigail's parents?
2. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
3. Where did Parris live before he moved to Salem?
4. Why does Abigail claim she was fired from serving the Proctor household?
5. What was Tituba doing while the other girls where dancing in the forest?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)