|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the naked figure Parris sees disappear into the woods in Act 1?
(b) Mercy Lewis.
(c) Elizabeth Proctor.
2. What character in Act 1 could be called a hypocrite?
3. Mercy Lewis thinks Ruth is improving in Act 1 because she woke to do something. What was it?
(a) She sneezed.
(b) She laughed.
(c) She coughed.
(d) She screamed.
4. What does John Proctor threaten to do to Mary if she doesn't go back to work?
(a) Ground her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Whip her.
(d) Fire her.
5. Who suggests that everyone put their faith in God and the doctor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
2. What does Abigail claim John Proctor freed her from?
3. What does Abigail say is wrong with Betty, when explaining her own actions to Parris?
4. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
5. Why does John Proctor threaten to whip Abigail?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)