|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John Proctor describe Parris' sermons?
(a) As "fire and brimstone" sermons.
(b) As "guilt and sin" sermons.
(c) As "hellfire and bloody damnation" sermons.
(d) As "light and fluffy" sermons.
2. What does John Proctor threaten to do to Mary if she doesn't go back to work?
(a) Ground her.
(b) Fire her.
(c) Whip her.
(d) Kill her.
3. What does Mrs. Putnam claim is evidence that Betty has been involved in Witchcraft?
(a) Betty calls out for her dead mother.
(b) Betty covers her ears and begins screaming when a psalm is sung.
(c) Betty has a wart on her thumb.
(d) Betty starts speaking in a strange language.
4. What does Abigail say is wrong with Betty, when explaining her own actions to Parris?
(a) She says she fainted from surprise when Parris appeared in the forest.q
(b) She says she fainted from the heat while they were dancing.
(c) She says she fainted because her dress was too tight.
(d) She says she fainted from the smoke from the fire.
5. Why does Abigail claim she was fired from serving the Proctor household?
(a) She says Elizabeth Proctor wanted her to do the work of a slave.
(b) She says Elizabeth Proctor didn't like her cooking.
(c) She says John Proctor was unhappy with her cooking.
(d) She says Elizabeth Proctor didn't like her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail ultimately want from John Proctor?
2. What does Parris accuse John Proctor of doing to him?
3. Mr. Putnam and John Proctor argue over the firewood. Who does it most likely belong to?
4. Where does this play take place?
5. What does Rebecca Nurse say say is afflicting Ruth and Betty?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)