|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abigail say she does for John Proctor every night?
(a) Rubs his feet.
(b) Cleans his kitchen.
(c) Waits for him.
(d) Dances for him.
2. Abigail is sure that John Proctor still has feelings for her. What example does she use to back up her claim?
(a) He argues with his wife a lot.
(b) He looks up at her bedroom window.
(c) He sends her love letters.
(d) He made her a necklace.
3. Who thinks Ruth and Betty are simply suffering from a childish fit?
(c) John Proctor.
(d) Rebecca Nurse.
4. Why does John Proctor threaten to whip Abigail?
(a) Abigail is hitting him.
(b) Abigail is speaking against his wife.
(c) Abigail is throwing things at him.
(d) Abigail is hitting Elizabeth Proctor.
5. What does Abigail threaten to do to the girls if they admit to more than dancing?
(a) She will tell on them.
(b) She will kill them.
(c) She will run away.
(d) She will beat them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail say is wrong with Betty, when explaining her own actions to Parris?
2. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
3. How old is Abigail?
4. When John Proctor reminds Mr. Putnam that "votes are not granted by the acre." What is he implying?
5. How many miles does John Proctor live from the church?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)