|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rebecca Nurse say say is afflicting Ruth and Betty?
(a) A spell cast by the devil.
(b) A serious flu.
(c) A mild sore throat.
(d) A childish fit.
2. What does Parris accuse John Proctor of doing to him?
(a) Leading a faction against him.
(b) Being a heretic.
(c) Mistreating Abigail.
(d) Stealing his firewood.
3. What does Mrs. Putnam claim is evidence that Betty has been involved in Witchcraft?
(a) Betty starts speaking in a strange language.
(b) Betty has a wart on her thumb.
(c) Betty covers her ears and begins screaming when a psalm is sung.
(d) Betty calls out for her dead mother.
4. Who is able to calm Betty after she screams?
(a) Mrs. Putnam.
(b) Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) Rebecca Nurse.
5. What was lying on the ground in the forest?
(a) A knife.
(b) An apple.
(c) A doll.
(d) A dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail claim John Proctor freed her from?
2. What does Abigail tell Parris that she and the girls where doing in the woods?
3. Why does Abigail claim she was fired from serving the Proctor household?
4. What does Abigail say is wrong with Betty, when explaining her own actions to Parris?
5. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)