|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
(a) Rumors are circulating about her involvement in her own parent's death.
(b) Rumors are circulating about her dancing naked in the forest.
(c) Rumors are circulating as to her vampire tendencies.
(d) Rumors are circulating as to why she was dismissed from serving Mr. and Mrs. Proctor.
2. Why does John Proctor threaten to whip Abigail?
(a) Abigail is throwing things at him.
(b) Abigail is speaking against his wife.
(c) Abigail is hitting Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) Abigail is hitting him.
3. Who asks if Parris has gone through the "proper channels" to investigate witchcraft in Salem?
(b) Mr. Putnam.
(c) John Proctor.
4. How does John Proctor describe Parris' sermons?
(a) As "guilt and sin" sermons.
(b) As "light and fluffy" sermons.
(c) As "hellfire and bloody damnation" sermons.
(d) As "fire and brimstone" sermons.
5. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
(a) She accuses him of trying to kill her.
(b) She accuses him of being mean to her.
(c) She accuses him of not wanting to support her.
(d) She accuses him of hitting her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When John Proctor insults Parris in Act 1, who asks him to take it back?
2. How many miles does John Proctor live from the church?
3. Mercy Lewis thinks Ruth is improving in Act 1 because she woke to do something. What was it?
4. What does Abigail threaten to do to the girls if they admit to more than dancing?
5. What does Parris accuse John Proctor of doing to him?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)