|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Parris's relationship to Abigail?
(a) Abigail is his cousin.
(b) Abigail is his little sister.
(c) Abigail is his adopted daughter.
(d) Abigail is his neice.
2. What does Abigail say is wrong with Betty, when explaining her own actions to Parris?
(a) She says she fainted from the smoke from the fire.
(b) She says she fainted because her dress was too tight.
(c) She says she fainted from the heat while they were dancing.
(d) She says she fainted from surprise when Parris appeared in the forest.q
3. Which adult was involved in putting the girls up to "conjuration"?
(a) Mr. Putnam.
(b) Mrs. Putnam.
(c) John Proctor.
4. What does John Proctor do for a living?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a farmer.
(c) He is owns a grocery store.
(d) He is a coal miner.
5. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who believes Ruth's condition is the work of Satan?
2. What does Abigail tell Parris that she and the girls where doing in the woods?
3. How much money does Parris get each year to buy firewood?
4. Where does this play take place?
5. What does Abigail threaten to do to the girls if they admit to more than dancing?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)