|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the naked figure Parris sees disappear into the woods in Act 1?
(c) Mercy Lewis.
(d) Elizabeth Proctor.
2. Which adult was involved in putting the girls up to "conjuration"?
(a) Mrs. Putnam.
(b) John Proctor.
(d) Mr. Putnam.
3. Why does Abigail claim she was fired from serving the Proctor household?
(a) She says John Proctor was unhappy with her cooking.
(b) She says Elizabeth Proctor wanted her to do the work of a slave.
(c) She says Elizabeth Proctor didn't like her cooking.
(d) She says Elizabeth Proctor didn't like her.
4. Where are Abigail's parents?
(a) They died.
(b) They are traveling.
(c) They disappeared.
(d) They are friends with Parris.
5. Why does John Proctor threaten to whip Abigail?
(a) Abigail is hitting him.
(b) Abigail is speaking against his wife.
(c) Abigail is hitting Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) Abigail is throwing things at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Parris get each year to buy firewood?
2. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
3. When Susan leaves the Parris household she is asked a favor. What is it?
4. Why did Parris want the deed to his own house?
5. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)