|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John Proctor threaten to whip Abigail?
(a) Abigail is hitting Elizabeth Proctor.
(b) Abigail is throwing things at him.
(c) Abigail is speaking against his wife.
(d) Abigail is hitting him.
2. What is John Proctor's excuse for not attending church often?
(a) He says he goes to another church closer to his home.
(b) He says Parris' sermons are not worth the long trip.
(c) He says he is too busy chopping firewood.
(d) He says he has too much work to do.
3. What is Parris's relationship to Abigail?
(a) Abigail is his neice.
(b) Abigail is his cousin.
(c) Abigail is his little sister.
(d) Abigail is his adopted daughter.
4. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
(a) He is afraid the girls will cast a spell on him.
(b) He doesn't believe in witchcraft.
(c) He is concerned about his reputation in Salem.
(d) He thinks she just has a cold and will be fine in a couple of days.
5. Where did Parris live before he moved to Salem?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hale find a witch the year before the current action in the play?
2. What does Abigail say is wrong with Betty, when explaining her own actions to Parris?
3. What does Abigail ultimately want from John Proctor?
4. Where does this play take place?
5. What does Abigail call Elizabeth Proctor when discussing her reputation in Act 1?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)