|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Susan leaves the Parris household she is asked a favor. What is it?
(a) She is asked not to mention the supernatural.
(b) She is asked to close the door behind her.
(c) She is asked to bring the doctor for a second opinion.
(d) Shis asked to pray for Betty.
2. Who asks Rebecca Nurse to treat his daughter?
(a) John Proctor.
(b) Giles Corey.
(c) Mr. Putnam.
3. What character in Act 1 could be called a hypocrite?
4. How many miles does John Proctor live from the church?
5. How does John Proctor describe Parris' sermons?
(a) As "guilt and sin" sermons.
(b) As "hellfire and bloody damnation" sermons.
(c) As "light and fluffy" sermons.
(d) As "fire and brimstone" sermons.
Short Answer Questions
1. When John Proctor insults Parris in Act 1, who asks him to take it back?
2. What does Abigail claim John Proctor freed her from?
3. What does Abigail ultimately want from John Proctor?
4. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
5. Where did Parris live before he moved to Salem?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)