|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
(a) She accuses him of not wanting to support her.
(b) She accuses him of trying to kill her.
(c) She accuses him of hitting her.
(d) She accuses him of being mean to her.
2. Where did Hale find a witch the year before the current action in the play?
3. What is Parris's relationship to Abigail?
(a) Abigail is his neice.
(b) Abigail is his adopted daughter.
(c) Abigail is his cousin.
(d) Abigail is his little sister.
4. Who is able to calm Betty after she screams?
(a) Rebecca Nurse.
(b) Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) Mrs. Putnam.
5. Why does Abigail claim she was fired from serving the Proctor household?
(a) She says John Proctor was unhappy with her cooking.
(b) She says Elizabeth Proctor didn't like her cooking.
(c) She says Elizabeth Proctor wanted her to do the work of a slave.
(d) She says Elizabeth Proctor didn't like her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Putnam and John Proctor argue over the firewood. Who does it most likely belong to?
2. Giles Corey feels Parris is too concerned with wealth. What does he offer as an example?
3. What does Rebecca Nurse say say is afflicting Ruth and Betty?
4. What does Abigail say is wrong with Betty, when explaining her own actions to Parris?
5. Who believes Ruth's condition is the work of Satan?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)