|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John Proctor reminds Mr. Putnam that "votes are not granted by the acre." What is he implying?
(a) Voting means more in a farming community.
(b) In the upcoming election he won't get to vote more than once.
(c) Mr. Putnam is trying to use politics to gain land.
(d) Just because Mr. Putnam is wealthy he doesn't have more say.
2. Who complains that he/she is living in "poverty"?
(c) Rebecca Nurse.
3. What is John Proctor's excuse for not attending church often?
(a) He says Parris' sermons are not worth the long trip.
(b) He says he is too busy chopping firewood.
(c) He says he has too much work to do.
(d) He says he goes to another church closer to his home.
4. What does Rebecca Nurse say say is afflicting Ruth and Betty?
(a) A serious flu.
(b) A spell cast by the devil.
(c) A mild sore throat.
(d) A childish fit.
5. What does Abigail call Elizabeth Proctor when discussing her reputation in Act 1?
(a) A liar.
(b) A martyr.
(c) A sinner.
(d) A whiner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the naked figure Parris sees disappear into the woods in Act 1?
2. What does Parris accuse John Proctor of doing to him?
3. What does John Proctor threaten to do to Mary if she doesn't go back to work?
4. What is Parris's relationship to Abigail?
5. Which adult was involved in putting the girls up to "conjuration"?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)