|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rebecca Nurse say say is afflicting Ruth and Betty?
(a) A mild sore throat.
(b) A childish fit.
(c) A spell cast by the devil.
(d) A serious flu.
2. What character in Act 1 could be called a hypocrite?
3. Who asks Rebecca Nurse to treat his daughter?
(b) Giles Corey.
(c) John Proctor.
(d) Mr. Putnam.
4. Where did Hale find a witch the year before the current action in the play?
5. What does Abigail threaten to do to the girls if they admit to more than dancing?
(a) She will kill them.
(b) She will run away.
(c) She will tell on them.
(d) She will beat them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Parris accuse John Proctor of doing to him?
2. What does John Proctor do for a living?
3. How many miles does John Proctor live from the church?
4. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
5. Why does Abigail claim she was fired from serving the Proctor household?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)