|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Giles Corey feels Parris is too concerned with wealth. What does he offer as an example?
(a) Parris wanted to be paid on a monthly basis.
(b) Parris asked for extra firewood.
(c) Parris asked for the deed to his own house.
(d) Parris asked for a four bedroom home.
2. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
(a) Rumors are circulating about her dancing naked in the forest.
(b) Rumors are circulating as to why she was dismissed from serving Mr. and Mrs. Proctor.
(c) Rumors are circulating about her involvement in her own parent's death.
(d) Rumors are circulating as to her vampire tendencies.
3. Who is the Putnams' servant?
4. How old is Abigail?
5. Who suggests that everyone put their faith in God and the doctor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does this play take place?
2. Where are Abigail's parents?
3. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
4. Why does John Proctor threaten to whip Abigail?
5. What does Abigail call Elizabeth Proctor when discussing her reputation in Act 1?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)