|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who complains that he/she is living in "poverty"?
(d) Rebecca Nurse.
2. What does Abigail tell Parris that she and the girls where doing in the woods?
(a) Abigail admits they lit a fire to keep warm, but they were not dancing.
(b) Abigail admits they were dancing to cast a spell on Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) Abigail admits they were dancing, but just for fun.
(d) Abigail says they were picking berries.
3. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
(a) Rumors are circulating about her dancing naked in the forest.
(b) Rumors are circulating as to her vampire tendencies.
(c) Rumors are circulating about her involvement in her own parent's death.
(d) Rumors are circulating as to why she was dismissed from serving Mr. and Mrs. Proctor.
4. Who suggests that everyone put their faith in God and the doctor?
5. Where did Parris live before he moved to Salem?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Parris want the deed to his own house?
2. How old is Abigail?
3. Who asks Rebecca Nurse to treat his daughter?
4. What is John Proctor's excuse for not attending church often?
5. When Susan leaves the Parris household she is asked a favor. What is it?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)