|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abigail threaten to do to the girls if they admit to more than dancing?
(a) She will run away.
(b) She will kill them.
(c) She will beat them.
(d) She will tell on them.
2. What does Rebecca Nurse say say is afflicting Ruth and Betty?
(a) A childish fit.
(b) A serious flu.
(c) A mild sore throat.
(d) A spell cast by the devil.
3. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
4. What is Parris's relationship to Abigail?
(a) Abigail is his cousin.
(b) Abigail is his little sister.
(c) Abigail is his adopted daughter.
(d) Abigail is his neice.
5. Who complains that he/she is living in "poverty"?
(c) Rebecca Nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
2. When John Proctor reminds Mr. Putnam that "votes are not granted by the acre." What is he implying?
3. Abigail is sure that John Proctor still has feelings for her. What example does she use to back up her claim?
4. Who is able to calm Betty after she screams?
5. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)