|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character in Act 1 could be called a hypocrite?
2. John Proctor scolds Mary at the beginning of Act 1. What has she done that makes him angry?
(a) She forgot to put the horses in the stable.
(b) She spilled wine on the table.
(c) She ate the last piece of bread.
(d) She left the house without permission.
3. Who suggests that everyone put their faith in God and the doctor?
4. Abigail is sure that John Proctor still has feelings for her. What example does she use to back up her claim?
(a) He looks up at her bedroom window.
(b) He argues with his wife a lot.
(c) He sends her love letters.
(d) He made her a necklace.
5. What does John Proctor do for a living?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a farmer.
(c) He is a coal miner.
(d) He is owns a grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Abigail?
2. Who is the Putnams' servant?
3. When John Proctor insults Parris in Act 1, who asks him to take it back?
4. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
5. Which adult was involved in putting the girls up to "conjuration"?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)