|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Giles Corey feels Parris is too concerned with wealth. What does he offer as an example?
(a) Parris wanted to be paid on a monthly basis.
(b) Parris asked for the deed to his own house.
(c) Parris asked for extra firewood.
(d) Parris asked for a four bedroom home.
2. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
(a) He thinks she just has a cold and will be fine in a couple of days.
(b) He doesn't believe in witchcraft.
(c) He is afraid the girls will cast a spell on him.
(d) He is concerned about his reputation in Salem.
3. Mr. Putnam and John Proctor argue over the firewood. Who does it most likely belong to?
(a) Mr. Putnam.
(b) Mr. Corey.
(c) Mr. Parris.
(d) John Proctor.
4. Who thinks Ruth and Betty are simply suffering from a childish fit?
(a) John Proctor.
(b) Rebecca Nurse.
5. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
2. At the end of Act 1, what does Mr. Putnam threaten to do?
3. Who asks if Parris has gone through the "proper channels" to investigate witchcraft in Salem?
4. Why does Abigail claim she was fired from serving the Proctor household?
5. When John Proctor reminds Mr. Putnam that "votes are not granted by the acre." What is he implying?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)