|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Parris's relationship to Abigail?
(a) Abigail is his adopted daughter.
(b) Abigail is his little sister.
(c) Abigail is his neice.
(d) Abigail is his cousin.
2. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
(a) He doesn't believe in witchcraft.
(b) He thinks she just has a cold and will be fine in a couple of days.
(c) He is concerned about his reputation in Salem.
(d) He is afraid the girls will cast a spell on him.
3. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
(a) Rumors are circulating as to why she was dismissed from serving Mr. and Mrs. Proctor.
(b) Rumors are circulating about her dancing naked in the forest.
(c) Rumors are circulating as to her vampire tendencies.
(d) Rumors are circulating about her involvement in her own parent's death.
4. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
5. How old is Abigail?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail tell Parris that she and the girls where doing in the woods?
2. Where are Abigail's parents?
3. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
4. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
5. What does Abigail threaten to do to the girls if they admit to more than dancing?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)