|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary afraid will happen to her and her friends if they are found guilty of witchcraft?
(a) They will be hanged.
(b) They will be grounded.
(c) They will be burned at the stake.
(d) They will be drowned.
2. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
(b) Supernatural causes.
3. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
4. Where did Hale find a witch the year before the current action in the play?
5. What is Parris's relationship to Abigail?
(a) Abigail is his adopted daughter.
(b) Abigail is his little sister.
(c) Abigail is his neice.
(d) Abigail is his cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Susan leaves the Parris household she is asked a favor. What is it?
2. Toward the end of Act 1, Betty wakes from her trance-like state and calls out for someone. Who is it?
3. How old is Abigail?
4. Who is the naked figure Parris sees disappear into the woods in Act 1?
5. Where are Abigail's parents?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)