|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Susan leaves the Parris household she is asked a favor. What is it?
(a) Shis asked to pray for Betty.
(b) She is asked to close the door behind her.
(c) She is asked to bring the doctor for a second opinion.
(d) She is asked not to mention the supernatural.
2. Why does Abigail claim she was fired from serving the Proctor household?
(a) She says Elizabeth Proctor didn't like her cooking.
(b) She says Elizabeth Proctor wanted her to do the work of a slave.
(c) She says Elizabeth Proctor didn't like her.
(d) She says John Proctor was unhappy with her cooking.
3. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
(a) She accuses him of hitting her.
(b) She accuses him of not wanting to support her.
(c) She accuses him of being mean to her.
(d) She accuses him of trying to kill her.
4. What was Tituba doing while the other girls where dancing in the forest?
(a) Waving her hands over the fire.
(b) Dancing with them.
(c) Chopping firewood.
(d) Drinking blood.
5. What does Abigail call Elizabeth Proctor when discussing her reputation in Act 1?
(a) A liar.
(b) A whiner.
(c) A martyr.
(d) A sinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Abigail?
2. Where are Abigail's parents?
3. Where does this play take place?
4. What year is this play set in?
5. What does Abigail say is wrong with Betty, when explaining her own actions to Parris?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)