|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Susan leaves the Parris household she is asked a favor. What is it?
(a) She is asked to close the door behind her.
(b) She is asked to bring the doctor for a second opinion.
(c) Shis asked to pray for Betty.
(d) She is asked not to mention the supernatural.
2. Who believes Ruth's condition is the work of Satan?
(b) Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) John Proctor.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Putnam.
3. Who is the naked figure Parris sees disappear into the woods in Act 1?
(c) Mercy Lewis.
(d) Elizabeth Proctor.
4. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
(a) He doesn't believe in witchcraft.
(b) He is afraid the girls will cast a spell on him.
(c) He thinks she just has a cold and will be fine in a couple of days.
(d) He is concerned about his reputation in Salem.
5. What is Mary afraid will happen to her and her friends if they are found guilty of witchcraft?
(a) They will be grounded.
(b) They will be hanged.
(c) They will be drowned.
(d) They will be burned at the stake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
2. What was Tituba doing while the other girls where dancing in the forest?
3. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
4. How old is Abigail?
5. What year is this play set in?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)