|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Putnams' servant?
2. What was lying on the ground in the forest?
(a) An apple.
(b) A dress.
(c) A doll.
(d) A knife.
3. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
(a) She accuses him of not wanting to support her.
(b) She accuses him of hitting her.
(c) She accuses him of being mean to her.
(d) She accuses him of trying to kill her.
4. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
5. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
(a) Rumors are circulating about her dancing naked in the forest.
(b) Rumors are circulating as to her vampire tendencies.
(c) Rumors are circulating about her involvement in her own parent's death.
(d) Rumors are circulating as to why she was dismissed from serving Mr. and Mrs. Proctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the naked figure Parris sees disappear into the woods in Act 1?
2. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
3. What was Tituba doing while the other girls where dancing in the forest?
4. When Susan leaves the Parris household she is asked a favor. What is it?
5. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)