|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
(a) Rumors are circulating as to why she was dismissed from serving Mr. and Mrs. Proctor.
(b) Rumors are circulating as to her vampire tendencies.
(c) Rumors are circulating about her dancing naked in the forest.
(d) Rumors are circulating about her involvement in her own parent's death.
2. Who is the naked figure Parris sees disappear into the woods in Act 1?
(a) Mercy Lewis.
(b) Elizabeth Proctor.
3. What was lying on the ground in the forest?
(a) An apple.
(b) A knife.
(c) A doll.
(d) A dress.
4. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
(a) He is an expert in the demonic arts.
(b) He is an expert in child psychology.
(c) He is an expert at exorcism.
(d) He is an expert in children's medicine.
5. What does Abigail call Elizabeth Proctor when discussing her reputation in Act 1?
(a) A liar.
(b) A whiner.
(c) A sinner.
(d) A martyr.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
2. What is Mary afraid will happen to her and her friends if they are found guilty of witchcraft?
3. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
4. What is Parris's relationship to Abigail?
5. What year is this play set in?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)