|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
(a) She is angry when Betty reminds Abigail that she drank blood to punish Elizabeth.
(b) She is angry that the other girls are turning on her.
(c) She is angry that Betty is getting all of the attention.
(d) She is scared that Betty is being controlled by evil spirits.
2. How many of Mrs. Putnam's children have died?
3. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
(a) She accuses him of trying to kill her.
(b) She accuses him of being mean to her.
(c) She accuses him of hitting her.
(d) She accuses him of not wanting to support her.
4. What does Abigail threaten to do to the girls if they admit to more than dancing?
(a) She will run away.
(b) She will tell on them.
(c) She will kill them.
(d) She will beat them.
5. Where did Hale find a witch the year before the current action in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
2. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
3. What does Abigail say is wrong with Betty, when explaining her own actions to Parris?
4. Mercy Lewis thinks Ruth is improving in Act 1 because she woke to do something. What was it?
5. When Susan leaves the Parris household she is asked a favor. What is it?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)