|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Abigail's parents?
(a) They disappeared.
(b) They died.
(c) They are friends with Parris.
(d) They are traveling.
2. What was Tituba doing while the other girls where dancing in the forest?
(a) Drinking blood.
(b) Dancing with them.
(c) Chopping firewood.
(d) Waving her hands over the fire.
3. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
4. Where does this play take place?
(a) Salem, Oregon.
(b) Salem, New Hampshire.
(c) Salem, Massachussetts.
(d) Salem, Virginia.
5. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
(a) He doesn't believe in witchcraft.
(b) He is concerned about his reputation in Salem.
(c) He is afraid the girls will cast a spell on him.
(d) He thinks she just has a cold and will be fine in a couple of days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
2. Where did Hale find a witch the year before the current action in the play?
3. Who is the naked figure Parris sees disappear into the woods in Act 1?
4. Who is the Putnams' servant?
5. How old is Abigail?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)