|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believes Ruth's condition is the work of Satan?
(a) Elizabeth Proctor.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Putnam.
(d) John Proctor.
2. What does Abigail say is wrong with Betty, when explaining her own actions to Parris?
(a) She says she fainted because her dress was too tight.
(b) She says she fainted from surprise when Parris appeared in the forest.q
(c) She says she fainted from the smoke from the fire.
(d) She says she fainted from the heat while they were dancing.
3. How many of Mrs. Putnam's children have died?
4. Why does Abigail claim she was fired from serving the Proctor household?
(a) She says Elizabeth Proctor wanted her to do the work of a slave.
(b) She says Elizabeth Proctor didn't like her cooking.
(c) She says John Proctor was unhappy with her cooking.
(d) She says Elizabeth Proctor didn't like her.
5. Where are Abigail's parents?
(a) They are friends with Parris.
(b) They are traveling.
(c) They died.
(d) They disappeared.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Abigail?
2. What is Parris's relationship to Abigail?
3. Toward the end of Act 1, Betty wakes from her trance-like state and calls out for someone. Who is it?
4. When Susan leaves the Parris household she is asked a favor. What is it?
5. What does Abigail tell Parris that she and the girls where doing in the woods?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)