|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Tituba doing while the other girls where dancing in the forest?
(a) Waving her hands over the fire.
(b) Chopping firewood.
(c) Dancing with them.
(d) Drinking blood.
2. Mercy Lewis thinks Ruth is improving in Act 1 because she woke to do something. What was it?
(a) She laughed.
(b) She screamed.
(c) She coughed.
(d) She sneezed.
3. What does Abigail say is wrong with Betty, when explaining her own actions to Parris?
(a) She says she fainted from surprise when Parris appeared in the forest.q
(b) She says she fainted from the smoke from the fire.
(c) She says she fainted because her dress was too tight.
(d) She says she fainted from the heat while they were dancing.
4. Where did Hale find a witch the year before the current action in the play?
5. How many of Mrs. Putnam's children have died?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the naked figure Parris sees disappear into the woods in Act 1?
2. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
3. What is Mary afraid will happen to her and her friends if they are found guilty of witchcraft?
4. How old is Abigail?
5. Toward the end of Act 1, Betty wakes from her trance-like state and calls out for someone. Who is it?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)