|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
2. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
(a) She accuses him of not wanting to support her.
(b) She accuses him of hitting her.
(c) She accuses him of being mean to her.
(d) She accuses him of trying to kill her.
3. Who is the Putnams' servant?
4. Which adult was involved in putting the girls up to "conjuration"?
(a) John Proctor.
(c) Mrs. Putnam.
(d) Mr. Putnam.
5. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
(a) She is angry that Betty is getting all of the attention.
(b) She is angry when Betty reminds Abigail that she drank blood to punish Elizabeth.
(c) She is angry that the other girls are turning on her.
(d) She is scared that Betty is being controlled by evil spirits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is this play set in?
2. What was Tituba doing while the other girls where dancing in the forest?
3. When Susan leaves the Parris household she is asked a favor. What is it?
4. Where are Abigail's parents?
5. What does Abigail threaten to do to the girls if they admit to more than dancing?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)