|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
(a) She is angry that Betty is getting all of the attention.
(b) She is angry that the other girls are turning on her.
(c) She is scared that Betty is being controlled by evil spirits.
(d) She is angry when Betty reminds Abigail that she drank blood to punish Elizabeth.
2. Who is the Putnams' servant?
3. Who believes Ruth's condition is the work of Satan?
(a) John Proctor.
(b) Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Putnam.
4. Which adult was involved in putting the girls up to "conjuration"?
(a) Mrs. Putnam.
(b) John Proctor.
(d) Mr. Putnam.
5. What is Mary afraid will happen to her and her friends if they are found guilty of witchcraft?
(a) They will be drowned.
(b) They will be grounded.
(c) They will be hanged.
(d) They will be burned at the stake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail call Elizabeth Proctor when discussing her reputation in Act 1?
2. When Susan leaves the Parris household she is asked a favor. What is it?
3. How many of Mrs. Putnam's children have died?
4. What does Abigail say is wrong with Betty, when explaining her own actions to Parris?
5. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)