|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
2. Where does this play take place?
(a) Salem, Massachussetts.
(b) Salem, Oregon.
(c) Salem, Virginia.
(d) Salem, New Hampshire.
3. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
(a) She is angry that Betty is getting all of the attention.
(b) She is scared that Betty is being controlled by evil spirits.
(c) She is angry when Betty reminds Abigail that she drank blood to punish Elizabeth.
(d) She is angry that the other girls are turning on her.
4. What was Tituba doing while the other girls where dancing in the forest?
(a) Drinking blood.
(b) Dancing with them.
(c) Chopping firewood.
(d) Waving her hands over the fire.
5. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
(d) Supernatural causes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hale find a witch the year before the current action in the play?
2. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
3. What year is this play set in?
4. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
5. Toward the end of Act 1, Betty wakes from her trance-like state and calls out for someone. Who is it?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)