|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
2. Who believes Ruth's condition is the work of Satan?
(b) John Proctor.
(c) Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Putnam.
3. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
(a) He is an expert in children's medicine.
(b) He is an expert in child psychology.
(c) He is an expert at exorcism.
(d) He is an expert in the demonic arts.
4. What does Abigail tell Parris that she and the girls where doing in the woods?
(a) Abigail says they were picking berries.
(b) Abigail admits they were dancing to cast a spell on Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) Abigail admits they were dancing, but just for fun.
(d) Abigail admits they lit a fire to keep warm, but they were not dancing.
5. What does Abigail threaten to do to the girls if they admit to more than dancing?
(a) She will tell on them.
(b) She will run away.
(c) She will beat them.
(d) She will kill them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Parris's relationship to Abigail?
2. What does Abigail call Elizabeth Proctor when discussing her reputation in Act 1?
3. What is Mary afraid will happen to her and her friends if they are found guilty of witchcraft?
4. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
5. What year is this play set in?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)