|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
(a) He is an expert in the demonic arts.
(b) He is an expert in children's medicine.
(c) He is an expert at exorcism.
(d) He is an expert in child psychology.
2. What is Parris's relationship to Abigail?
(a) Abigail is his adopted daughter.
(b) Abigail is his little sister.
(c) Abigail is his cousin.
(d) Abigail is his neice.
3. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
(a) He doesn't believe in witchcraft.
(b) He is afraid the girls will cast a spell on him.
(c) He thinks she just has a cold and will be fine in a couple of days.
(d) He is concerned about his reputation in Salem.
4. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
(a) She accuses him of trying to kill her.
(b) She accuses him of not wanting to support her.
(c) She accuses him of hitting her.
(d) She accuses him of being mean to her.
5. What is Mary afraid will happen to her and her friends if they are found guilty of witchcraft?
(a) They will be hanged.
(b) They will be drowned.
(c) They will be burned at the stake.
(d) They will be grounded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
2. Where did Hale find a witch the year before the current action in the play?
3. What was Tituba doing while the other girls where dancing in the forest?
4. What was lying on the ground in the forest?
5. How many of Mrs. Putnam's children have died?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)