|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
(a) She accuses him of not wanting to support her.
(b) She accuses him of being mean to her.
(c) She accuses him of trying to kill her.
(d) She accuses him of hitting her.
2. What is Mary afraid will happen to her and her friends if they are found guilty of witchcraft?
(a) They will be hanged.
(b) They will be grounded.
(c) They will be drowned.
(d) They will be burned at the stake.
3. How old is Abigail?
4. Where does this play take place?
(a) Salem, New Hampshire.
(b) Salem, Massachussetts.
(c) Salem, Oregon.
(d) Salem, Virginia.
5. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
2. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
3. What was Tituba doing while the other girls where dancing in the forest?
4. Toward the end of Act 1, Betty wakes from her trance-like state and calls out for someone. Who is it?
5. Which adult was involved in putting the girls up to "conjuration"?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)