|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believes Ruth's condition is the work of Satan?
(b) John Proctor.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Putnam.
(d) Elizabeth Proctor.
2. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
(d) Supernatural causes.
3. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
(a) She accuses him of hitting her.
(b) She accuses him of being mean to her.
(c) She accuses him of not wanting to support her.
(d) She accuses him of trying to kill her.
4. When Susan leaves the Parris household she is asked a favor. What is it?
(a) She is asked to close the door behind her.
(b) She is asked not to mention the supernatural.
(c) Shis asked to pray for Betty.
(d) She is asked to bring the doctor for a second opinion.
5. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
Short Answer Questions
1. Toward the end of Act 1, Betty wakes from her trance-like state and calls out for someone. Who is it?
2. What does Abigail say is wrong with Betty, when explaining her own actions to Parris?
3. What does Abigail tell Parris that she and the girls where doing in the woods?
4. Where does this play take place?
5. Mercy Lewis thinks Ruth is improving in Act 1 because she woke to do something. What was it?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)