|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Putnams' servant?
2. What does Abigail call Elizabeth Proctor when discussing her reputation in Act 1?
(a) A liar.
(b) A sinner.
(c) A martyr.
(d) A whiner.
3. How many of Mrs. Putnam's children have died?
4. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
(a) He is an expert in child psychology.
(b) He is an expert in children's medicine.
(c) He is an expert at exorcism.
(d) He is an expert in the demonic arts.
5. Where did Hale find a witch the year before the current action in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary afraid will happen to her and her friends if they are found guilty of witchcraft?
2. Who is the naked figure Parris sees disappear into the woods in Act 1?
3. Where does this play take place?
4. Which adult was involved in putting the girls up to "conjuration"?
5. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)