|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Susan leaves the Parris household she is asked a favor. What is it?
(a) She is asked not to mention the supernatural.
(b) Shis asked to pray for Betty.
(c) She is asked to bring the doctor for a second opinion.
(d) She is asked to close the door behind her.
2. Toward the end of Act 1, Betty wakes from her trance-like state and calls out for someone. Who is it?
(a) Her dead mother.
(c) The devil.
3. Which adult was involved in putting the girls up to "conjuration"?
(b) Mr. Putnam.
(c) Mrs. Putnam.
(d) John Proctor.
4. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
5. What does Abigail call Elizabeth Proctor when discussing her reputation in Act 1?
(a) A liar.
(b) A whiner.
(c) A martyr.
(d) A sinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
2. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
3. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
4. How many of Mrs. Putnam's children have died?
5. What does Abigail tell Parris that she and the girls where doing in the woods?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)