|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Tituba doing while the other girls where dancing in the forest?
(a) Dancing with them.
(b) Waving her hands over the fire.
(c) Drinking blood.
(d) Chopping firewood.
2. What year is this play set in?
3. Who is the Putnams' servant?
4. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
(b) Supernatural causes.
5. Mercy Lewis thinks Ruth is improving in Act 1 because she woke to do something. What was it?
(a) She screamed.
(b) She sneezed.
(c) She laughed.
(d) She coughed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
2. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
3. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
4. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
5. How old is Abigail?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)