|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believes Ruth's condition is the work of Satan?
(a) Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) John Proctor.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Putnam.
2. What year is this play set in?
3. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
(a) Rumors are circulating as to her vampire tendencies.
(b) Rumors are circulating about her dancing naked in the forest.
(c) Rumors are circulating about her involvement in her own parent's death.
(d) Rumors are circulating as to why she was dismissed from serving Mr. and Mrs. Proctor.
4. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
(a) He is an expert in the demonic arts.
(b) He is an expert in children's medicine.
(c) He is an expert in child psychology.
(d) He is an expert at exorcism.
5. How old is Abigail?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
2. Why does Abigail claim she was fired from serving the Proctor household?
3. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
4. How many of Mrs. Putnam's children have died?
5. What was lying on the ground in the forest?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)