|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
(d) Supernatural causes.
2. What does Abigail call Elizabeth Proctor when discussing her reputation in Act 1?
(a) A martyr.
(b) A whiner.
(c) A liar.
(d) A sinner.
3. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
4. Toward the end of Act 1, Betty wakes from her trance-like state and calls out for someone. Who is it?
(a) The devil.
(b) Her dead mother.
5. What is Mary afraid will happen to her and her friends if they are found guilty of witchcraft?
(a) They will be drowned.
(b) They will be hanged.
(c) They will be burned at the stake.
(d) They will be grounded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does this play take place?
2. Where are Abigail's parents?
3. Where did Hale find a witch the year before the current action in the play?
4. What was Tituba doing while the other girls where dancing in the forest?
5. When Susan leaves the Parris household she is asked a favor. What is it?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)