Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Abigail?
2. How much money does Parris get each year to buy firewood?
(a) Three pounds.
(b) Six pounds.
(c) Five pounds.
(d) Ten pounds.
3. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
(a) Rumors are circulating as to her vampire tendencies.
(b) Rumors are circulating as to why she was dismissed from serving Mr. and Mrs. Proctor.
(c) Rumors are circulating about her dancing naked in the forest.
(d) Rumors are circulating about her involvement in her own parent's death.
4. What does Abigail tell Parris that she and the girls where doing in the woods?
(a) Abigail says they were picking berries.
(b) Abigail admits they lit a fire to keep warm, but they were not dancing.
(c) Abigail admits they were dancing, but just for fun.
(d) Abigail admits they were dancing to cast a spell on Elizabeth Proctor.
5. What was lying on the ground in the forest?
(a) An apple.
(b) A doll.
(c) A dress.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. John Proctor scolds Mary at the beginning of Act 1. What has she done that makes him angry?
2. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
3. Who asks if Parris has gone through the "proper channels" to investigate witchcraft in Salem?
4. What does Abigail say she does for John Proctor every night?
5. Where are Abigail's parents?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)