|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
(a) He is an expert at exorcism.
(b) He is an expert in child psychology.
(c) He is an expert in children's medicine.
(d) He is an expert in the demonic arts.
2. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
(c) Supernatural causes.
3. Who is the naked figure Parris sees disappear into the woods in Act 1?
(b) Mercy Lewis.
(d) Elizabeth Proctor.
4. What does Abigail threaten to do to the girls if they admit to more than dancing?
(a) She will kill them.
(b) She will tell on them.
(c) She will run away.
(d) She will beat them.
5. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
(a) She is angry when Betty reminds Abigail that she drank blood to punish Elizabeth.
(b) She is angry that the other girls are turning on her.
(c) She is angry that Betty is getting all of the attention.
(d) She is scared that Betty is being controlled by evil spirits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Tituba doing while the other girls where dancing in the forest?
2. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
3. What is Mary afraid will happen to her and her friends if they are found guilty of witchcraft?
4. How old is Abigail?
5. What does Abigail tell Parris that she and the girls where doing in the woods?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)