|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Parris get each year to buy firewood?
(a) Six pounds.
(b) Ten pounds.
(c) Five pounds.
(d) Three pounds.
2. Mercy Lewis thinks Ruth is improving in Act 1 because she woke to do something. What was it?
(a) She laughed.
(b) She screamed.
(c) She coughed.
(d) She sneezed.
3. Who suggests that everyone put their faith in God and the doctor?
4. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
(a) She accuses him of hitting her.
(b) She accuses him of being mean to her.
(c) She accuses him of trying to kill her.
(d) She accuses him of not wanting to support her.
5. Which character warns everyone against jumping to conclusions?
(b) Mrs. Putnam.
(c) John Proctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks if Parris has gone through the "proper channels" to investigate witchcraft in Salem?
2. How many miles does John Proctor live from the church?
3. What were Giles Corey's final words?
4. Giles Corey asks Hale to explain his wife's behavior. What particular behavior is he concerned about?
5. If the accused character is found to be pregnant, how long will she be spared?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)