|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Proctor refuse to do for Danforth?
(a) Sign his name on the confession.
(b) Ask for forgiveness.
(c) Pay his bail.
(d) Give up his land.
2. John Proctor says there is only one thing keeping him from confessing. What is it?
(a) He won't confess because he is innocent.
(b) He won't confess until Abigail is executed.
(c) He won't confess out of spite.
(d) He won't confess until Elizabeth confesses.
3. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
4. In Act 3, Francis complains that he has been ignored for how many days?
5. When the girls list the other names of people they've seen with the devil, what does Hale do?
(a) Sends Parris to jail.
(b) Laughs and says that is ridiculous.
(c) Sends for them to be brought back in irons.
(d) Issues a death warrant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
2. When Susan leaves the Parris household she is asked a favor. What is it?
3. What does Tituba say she and her "roommate" are doing in the room in Act 4?
4. What is incriminating about the doll found in John Proctor's house toward the end of Act 2?
5. Who tries to calm Giles when he is removed from the vestry?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)