|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Early in Act 3, John Proctor hands Danforth something in court. What is it?
(a) A signed deposition.
(b) The deed to Parris' house.
(c) An arrest warrant.
(d) A kettle with a frog in it.
2. What is Parris's relationship to Abigail?
(a) Abigail is his cousin.
(b) Abigail is his neice.
(c) Abigail is his adopted daughter.
(d) Abigail is his little sister.
3. Which character announces he/she doesn't believe in witches?
(a) Mrs. Putnam.
(b) Rebecca Nurse.
(d) Giles Corey.
4. How many character witnesses are on John Proctor's list?
5. When Mary returns from court, in Act 2 she complains about something. What is it?
(c) A swollen ankle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Abigail adds a name to Tituba's list of people working with the devil. What is that name?
2. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
3. Why doesn't Elizabeth admit that she fired Abigail for having an affair with her husband?
4. Giles Corey asks Hale to explain his wife's behavior. What particular behavior is he concerned about?
5. What character in Act 1 could be called a hypocrite?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)