|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who denounces the court at the end of Act 3?
2. When John Proctor insults Parris in Act 1, who asks him to take it back?
3. Who believes Ruth's condition is the work of Satan?
(a) John Proctor.
(b) Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Putnam.
4. What does John Proctor refuse to do for Danforth?
(a) Sign his name on the confession.
(b) Pay his bail.
(c) Ask for forgiveness.
(d) Give up his land.
5. Who thinks Ruth and Betty are simply suffering from a childish fit?
(c) John Proctor.
(d) Rebecca Nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Early in Act 3, John Proctor hands Danforth something in court. What is it?
2. What two things does Tituba say the devil claimed he would give her if she did what he asked?
3. Cheever and Herrick arrive at the Proctor's with an arrest warrant. Who is it for?
4. What does Tituba say she and her "roommate" are doing in the room in Act 4?
5. What is incriminating about the doll found in John Proctor's house toward the end of Act 2?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)