|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does Tituba say the devil claimed he would give her if she did what he asked?
(a) Food and water.
(b) Her freedom and a way back to Barbados.
(c) Money and fame.
(d) Clothing and shelter.
2. What year is this play set in?
3. How many people does Tituba claim to have seen with the devil?
4. Hale is embarrassed by a compliment on his rationality. Which character gives him the compliment?
(c) John Proctor.
5. In court, Abigail claims that Mary is bewitching her by doing what to her?
(a) Making her shawl move.
(b) Making her shiver by pulling on her shawl.
(c) Making her cold with her icy stare.
(d) Making her shiver, by sending a chill wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Parris accuse John Proctor of doing to him?
2. Why is Hathorne suspicious of Hale?
3. What does Danforth ask Mary to do to prove that she and the girls are lying?
4. In Act 4, Elizabeth tells John that a number of people have already confessed. How many?
5. What does Betty wake from her trance to do?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)