|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does this play take place?
(a) Salem, Virginia.
(b) Salem, Massachussetts.
(c) Salem, New Hampshire.
(d) Salem, Oregon.
2. Toward the end of Act 1, Betty wakes from her trance-like state and calls out for someone. Who is it?
(a) The devil.
(c) Her dead mother.
3. John Proctor tears something to pieces in Act 2. What is it?
(a) The deed to Parris' house.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) The arrest warrant.
(d) A love note from Abigail.
4. In what room are psalms being sung in Act 1?
(a) The parlor.
(b) The living room.
(c) The den.
(d) The kitchen.
5. Which one of the girls caught in the forest admits they made it all up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Proctor threaten to do to Mary if she doesn't go back to work?
2. What does Giles Corey's wife do with books after she reads them?
3. Why won't Danforth pardon the accused?
4. Who orders John Proctor to be executed despite his confession?
5. Who is worried that Rebecca Nurse and John Proctor will be executed?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)