|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Abigail claim she was fired from serving the Proctor household?
(a) She says Elizabeth Proctor didn't like her.
(b) She says Elizabeth Proctor wanted her to do the work of a slave.
(c) She says John Proctor was unhappy with her cooking.
(d) She says Elizabeth Proctor didn't like her cooking.
2. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
3. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
(a) He is an expert in the demonic arts.
(b) He is an expert at exorcism.
(c) He is an expert in children's medicine.
(d) He is an expert in child psychology.
4. Danforth complains that Hale has no business in Salem after what he did. What did he do?
(a) Let his daughter conjure the devil.
(b) Demanded more firewood.
(c) Quit the trials.
(d) Allowed Abigail to trick everyone.
5. What is John Proctor's excuse for not attending church often?
(a) He says he goes to another church closer to his home.
(b) He says Parris' sermons are not worth the long trip.
(c) He says he has too much work to do.
(d) He says he is too busy chopping firewood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary gives Elizabeth a gift after spending all day at court. What is it?
2. Who has heard that Hale has a "reputation for rationality" and tells him so?
3. Why does Elizabeth blame herself for John's infidelity?
4. What do Abigail and the girls do to scare Mary into denouncing John Proctor?
5. When John Proctor gets home from seeding the farm, he learns that Mary has been gone all day. Where was she?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)