|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to calm Giles when he is removed from the vestry?
(a) John Proctor.
(b) Mr. Putnam.
2. Why is Mrs. Putnam suspicious of Sarah Good?
(a) Sarah was the midwife of three of her children.
(b) Sarah was the midwife of six of her children.
(c) Sarah was the midwife of four of her children.
(d) Sarah was the midwife of five of her children.
3. Which two women does Tituba say she saw with the devil?
(a) Elizabeth and Abigail.
(b) Sarah Good and Goody Osburn.
(c) Rebecca Nurse and Mrs. Putnam.
(d) Mary and Mercy.
4. Who is surprised that the people of Salem haven't overthrown the courts already?
5. What does Giles claim he was unable to do until his wife stopped reading and left the house?
(a) Say his prayers.
(b) eat his dinner.
(c) Finish his work.
(d) Wash the dishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character warns everyone against jumping to conclusions?
2. Giles tries to defend his wife. What does he accuse Mr. Putnam of?
3. Who claims Tituba has knowledge of conjuration?
4. What is Parris's relationship to Abigail?
5. Why does Hale ask Danforth to delay the witch trial proceedings?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)