|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Giles regrets telling Hale that his wife did something. What is it?
(a) That his wife reads books.
(b) That his wife has been dancing.
(c) That his wife has been hiding dolls.
(d) That his wife goes missing after dinner.
2. Which character warns everyone against jumping to conclusions?
(a) John Proctor.
(b) Mrs. Putnam.
3. Who is the Putnams' servant?
4. What does Tituba say she and her "roommate" are doing in the room in Act 4?
(a) Waiting for the devil to fly them to Barbados.
(b) Waiting for a visit from Abigail.
(c) Waiting for the jailer to set them free.
(d) Waiting for Hale to bless them.
5. Who is Tituba sharing a room with?
(a) Sarah Good.
(b) Goody Osbourne.
(c) Rebecca Nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are initially on trial for witchcraft?
2. Who is the first person in Act 3 to claim to have proof that the girls are lying?
3. In Act 4, Elizabeth tells John that a number of people have already confessed. How many?
4. Who is worried that Rebecca Nurse and John Proctor will be executed?
5. John Proctor scolds Mary at the beginning of Act 1. What has she done that makes him angry?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)