|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth blame herself for John's infidelity?
(a) She says that she hired Abigail.
(b) She says she wasn't home enough.
(c) She says she was frigid toward him.
(d) She says she wasn't pretty enough.
2. What might the community do if Rebecca Nurse and John Proctor are killed?
(a) The people may try to kill more witches.
(b) The people may riot and overthrow the court.
(c) The people may not pay their taxes.
(d) The people may leave Salem.
3. When Hale first enters, who helps him with the things he is carrying?
(b) Mary Warren.
(d) Rebecca Nurse.
4. How old is Abigail?
5. What does Danforth ask Mary to do to prove that she and the girls are lying?
(a) Pretend to be paralyzed.
(b) Pretend to shiver.
(c) Pretend to be bewitched.
(d) Pretend to faint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hale asks if these two men's children are "stricken" as well. Their children are not ill. Who are they?
2. Which character announces he/she doesn't believe in witches?
3. Danforth complains that Hale has no business in Salem after what he did. What did he do?
4. What does Giles claim he was unable to do until his wife stopped reading and left the house?
5. What are the farmers fighting over when Parris is trying to help them?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)