|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is pregnant?
(a) Mary Warren.
(b) Mrs. Putnam.
(c) Rebecca Nurse.
(d) Elizabeth Proctor.
2. What does Cheever accuse John Proctor of doing on the Sabbath?
3. Hale asks if these two men's children are "stricken" as well. Their children are not ill. Who are they?
(a) Mr. Putnam and John Proctor.
(b) Giles and John Proctor.
(c) Cheever and Danforth.
(d) Mr. Putnam and Parris.
4. When John Proctor gets home from seeding the farm, he learns that Mary has been gone all day. Where was she?
(a) Dancing in the forest.
(b) In town at the witch trials.
(c) Shopping in a nearby city.
(d) Hiding in the cellar.
5. How much money does Parris get each year to buy firewood?
(a) Ten pounds.
(b) Five pounds.
(c) Three pounds.
(d) Six pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Elizabeth asks that no one mention this word to her children. What is it?
2. Why is Herrick acting strangely when he visits Tituba and Sarah Good?
3. What surprising thing is learned about Elizabeth Proctor in Act 3?
4. What was lying on the ground in the forest?
5. What is incriminating about the doll found in John Proctor's house toward the end of Act 2?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)