|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Danforth asks John Proctor if he has seen Rebecca Nurse with someone. Who is it?
(c) Reverand Parris.
(d) Mr. Putnam.
2. What does John Proctor refuse to do for Danforth?
(a) Sign his name on the confession.
(b) Give up his land.
(c) Pay his bail.
(d) Ask for forgiveness.
3. What does Abigail threaten to do to the girls if they admit to more than dancing?
(a) She will tell on them.
(b) She will beat them.
(c) She will run away.
(d) She will kill them.
4. Who is Tituba sharing a room with?
(a) Rebecca Nurse.
(b) Sarah Good.
(c) Goody Osbourne.
5. What is Rebecca Nurse charged with?
(a) The murder of Elizabeth Proctor.
(b) The murder of the Putnam children.
(c) The murder of Giles Corey.
(d) The murder of Ruth and Betty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who complains that he/she is living in "poverty"?
2. Giles tries to defend his wife. What does he accuse Mr. Putnam of?
3. Who is the clerk of the court?
4. What character in Act 1 could be called a hypocrite?
5. The Proctors have a surprise visitor in Act 2. Who is it?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)