|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hale arrives, what is he carrying?
(a) Two suitcases.
(b) A cane.
(c) A long rope.
(d) Heavy books.
2. Who is worried that Rebecca Nurse and John Proctor will be executed?
3. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
4. Danforth complains that Hale has no business in Salem after what he did. What did he do?
(a) Let his daughter conjure the devil.
(b) Demanded more firewood.
(c) Allowed Abigail to trick everyone.
(d) Quit the trials.
5. What does Abigail tell Parris that she and the girls where doing in the woods?
(a) Abigail admits they were dancing to cast a spell on Elizabeth Proctor.
(b) Abigail admits they were dancing, but just for fun.
(c) Abigail says they were picking berries.
(d) Abigail admits they lit a fire to keep warm, but they were not dancing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Danforth ask Mary to do to prove that she and the girls are lying?
2. Who has heard that Hale has a "reputation for rationality" and tells him so?
3. How much money does Parris get each year to buy firewood?
4. Who complains that he/she is living in "poverty"?
5. In court, Abigail claims that Mary is bewitching her by doing what to her?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)