|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is pregnant?
(a) Mrs. Putnam.
(b) Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) Rebecca Nurse.
(d) Mary Warren.
2. In court, Abigail claims that Mary is bewitching her by doing what to her?
(a) Making her shiver, by sending a chill wind.
(b) Making her cold with her icy stare.
(c) Making her shawl move.
(d) Making her shiver by pulling on her shawl.
3. Why didn't Elizabeth stop Mary from leaving the house?
(a) She needed a break from the girl and her silly stories.
(b) She was afraid of the legal and spiritual consequences.
(c) She was worried that she might hurt Mary's feelings.
(d) She wanted to hear what was happening in town.
4. Why does Abigail claim she was fired from serving the Proctor household?
(a) She says John Proctor was unhappy with her cooking.
(b) She says Elizabeth Proctor didn't like her.
(c) She says Elizabeth Proctor didn't like her cooking.
(d) She says Elizabeth Proctor wanted her to do the work of a slave.
5. Who thinks Ruth and Betty are simply suffering from a childish fit?
(a) Rebecca Nurse.
(c) John Proctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Putnam claim is evidence that Betty has been involved in Witchcraft?
2. What do Abigail and the girls do to scare Mary into denouncing John Proctor?
3. Hale asks if these two men's children are "stricken" as well. Their children are not ill. Who are they?
4. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
5. What year is this play set in?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)