|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is able to calm Betty after she screams?
(a) Mrs. Putnam.
(b) Rebecca Nurse.
(c) Elizabeth Proctor.
2. Why does Hale ask Danforth to delay the witch trial proceedings?
(a) The defendants don't have proper representation.
(b) The people on the list are all witches.
(c) The plaintiffs don't have proper representation.
(d) The people on the list all need to be questioned.
3. Who is surprised that the people of Salem haven't overthrown the courts already?
4. Which male character is arrested at the end of Act 3?
(a) Mr. Putnam.
(b) Reverand Hale.
(c) John Proctor.
(d) Giles Corey.
5. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
(b) Supernatural causes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail claim John Proctor freed her from?
2. What is Hale doing at the prison in Act 4?
3. When John Proctor reminds Mr. Putnam that "votes are not granted by the acre." What is he implying?
4. Why is Mrs. Putnam suspicious of Sarah Good?
5. How many people are initially on trial for witchcraft?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)