|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the girls caught in the forest admits they made it all up?
2. John Proctor tears something to pieces in Act 2. What is it?
(a) The arrest warrant.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) The deed to Parris' house.
(d) A love note from Abigail.
3. Who has heard that Hale has a "reputation for rationality" and tells him so?
(b) John Proctor.
(c) Mr. Putnam.
4. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
(a) She is angry when Betty reminds Abigail that she drank blood to punish Elizabeth.
(b) She is angry that Betty is getting all of the attention.
(c) She is scared that Betty is being controlled by evil spirits.
(d) She is angry that the other girls are turning on her.
5. How does John Proctor describe Parris' sermons?
(a) As "guilt and sin" sermons.
(b) As "hellfire and bloody damnation" sermons.
(c) As "fire and brimstone" sermons.
(d) As "light and fluffy" sermons.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Elizabeth is asked why she fired Abigail, what does she say?
2. What convinces Hale that the supernatural is involved, and the girls weren't just dancing?
3. Why did Parris want the deed to his own house?
4. Why is Mrs. Putnam suspicious of Sarah Good?
5. Who is the first person in Act 3 to claim to have proof that the girls are lying?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)