|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the clerk of the court?
(a) Mr. Cheever.
(b) Mr. Putnam.
(c) Giles Corey.
(d) Mr. Herrick.
2. What does Abigail ultimately want from John Proctor?
(a) She wants him to rehire her.
(b) She wants him to give her money.
(c) She wants him to kill his wife.
(d) She wants to continue the affair.
3. What does Rebecca Nurse say say is afflicting Ruth and Betty?
(a) A mild sore throat.
(b) A childish fit.
(c) A spell cast by the devil.
(d) A serious flu.
4. Abigail adds a name to Tituba's list of people working with the devil. What is that name?
(a) Bridget Bishop.
(b) Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) Rebecca Nurse.
(d) Mrs. Putnam.
5. How much money does Parris get each year to buy firewood?
(a) Six pounds.
(b) Three pounds.
(c) Five pounds.
(d) Ten pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mrs. Putnam tells Hale about her dead children, what does Hale do?
2. When Hale arrives, what is he carrying?
3. What were Giles Corey's final words?
4. What are the farmers fighting over when Parris is trying to help them?
5. Why does John Proctor "forget" one of the commandments?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)