|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Parris get each year to buy firewood?
(a) Three pounds.
(b) Five pounds.
(c) Six pounds.
(d) Ten pounds.
2. What surprising thing is learned about Elizabeth Proctor in Act 3?
(a) She planned to leave John Proctor.
(b) She is having an affair.
(c) She is really a witch.
(d) She is pregnant.
3. At the beginning of Act 2, Elizabeth is upset with her husband. Why?
(a) He told Abigail to come to dinner.
(b) He was alone with Abigail.
(c) He was late for dinner.
(d) He gave Abigail a gift.
4. Who is worried that Rebecca Nurse and John Proctor will be executed?
5. When John Proctor insults Parris in Act 1, who asks him to take it back?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cheever accuse John Proctor of doing on the Sabbath?
2. What is Parris's relationship to Abigail?
3. John Proctor says there is only one thing keeping him from confessing. What is it?
4. Who does Parris reveal that Abigail disappeared with?
5. According to Parris, how many days per month does John Proctor attend church?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)