|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is able to calm Betty after she screams?
(a) Rebecca Nurse.
(c) Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) Mrs. Putnam.
2. Elizabeth asks that no one mention this word to her children. What is it?
3. Why is Mrs. Putnam suspicious of Sarah Good?
(a) Sarah was the midwife of three of her children.
(b) Sarah was the midwife of six of her children.
(c) Sarah was the midwife of five of her children.
(d) Sarah was the midwife of four of her children.
4. What does Abigail threaten to do to the girls if they admit to more than dancing?
(a) She will kill them.
(b) She will tell on them.
(c) She will run away.
(d) She will beat them.
5. At the end of Act 1, what does Mr. Putnam threaten to do?
(a) He threatens to kill Parris.
(b) He threatens to leave.
(c) He threatens to sue.
(d) He threatens to stop chopping firewood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Abigail is sure that John Proctor still has feelings for her. What example does she use to back up her claim?
2. In Act 3, Francis complains that he has been ignored for how many days?
3. Cheever and Herrick arrive at the Proctor's with an arrest warrant. Who is it for?
4. What does Parris accuse John Proctor of doing to him?
5. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)