|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
(a) She accuses him of not wanting to support her.
(b) She accuses him of being mean to her.
(c) She accuses him of trying to kill her.
(d) She accuses him of hitting her.
2. What were Giles Corey's final words?
(a) "Forgive me."
(b) "More weight."
(c) "She lies."
(d) "More life."
3. Who believes Ruth's condition is the work of Satan?
(a) John Proctor.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Putnam.
(c) Elizabeth Proctor.
4. When the girls list the other names of people they've seen with the devil, what does Hale do?
(a) Issues a death warrant.
(b) Sends Parris to jail.
(c) Laughs and says that is ridiculous.
(d) Sends for them to be brought back in irons.
5. What does Abigail call Elizabeth Proctor when discussing her reputation in Act 1?
(a) A sinner.
(b) A martyr.
(c) A liar.
(d) A whiner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is surprised that the people of Salem haven't overthrown the courts already?
2. Why does John Proctor threaten to whip Abigail?
3. What might the community do if Rebecca Nurse and John Proctor are killed?
4. Who does Parris reveal that Abigail disappeared with?
5. John Proctor says there is only one thing keeping him from confessing. What is it?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)