|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles does John Proctor live from the church?
2. Giles Corey feels Parris is too concerned with wealth. What does he offer as an example?
(a) Parris asked for extra firewood.
(b) Parris asked for the deed to his own house.
(c) Parris asked for a four bedroom home.
(d) Parris wanted to be paid on a monthly basis.
3. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
(a) She is scared that Betty is being controlled by evil spirits.
(b) She is angry that the other girls are turning on her.
(c) She is angry when Betty reminds Abigail that she drank blood to punish Elizabeth.
(d) She is angry that Betty is getting all of the attention.
4. What character in Act 1 could be called a hypocrite?
5. What does John Proctor threaten to do to Mary if she doesn't go back to work?
(a) Whip her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Fire her.
(d) Ground her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Putnams' servant?
2. Mr. Putnam and John Proctor argue over the firewood. Who does it most likely belong to?
3. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
4. What is John Proctor's excuse for not attending church often?
5. What year is this play set in?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)