|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Putnam claim is evidence that Betty has been involved in Witchcraft?
(a) Betty covers her ears and begins screaming when a psalm is sung.
(b) Betty calls out for her dead mother.
(c) Betty starts speaking in a strange language.
(d) Betty has a wart on her thumb.
2. In what room are psalms being sung in Act 1?
(a) The living room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The den.
(d) The parlor.
3. What does Abigail claim John Proctor freed her from?
(a) Work as a servant.
(b) Her moral shackles.
(c) Salem's false piety.
(d) A well she fell into when she was little.
4. Who asks Rebecca Nurse to treat his daughter?
(a) Giles Corey.
(b) Mr. Putnam.
(d) John Proctor.
5. Where are Abigail's parents?
(a) They disappeared.
(b) They are friends with Parris.
(c) They are traveling.
(d) They died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail call Elizabeth Proctor when discussing her reputation in Act 1?
2. What does John Proctor threaten to do to Mary if she doesn't go back to work?
3. When John Proctor insults Parris in Act 1, who asks him to take it back?
4. How old is Abigail?
5. What was Tituba doing while the other girls where dancing in the forest?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)