|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John Proctor reminds Mr. Putnam that "votes are not granted by the acre." What is he implying?
(a) Just because Mr. Putnam is wealthy he doesn't have more say.
(b) In the upcoming election he won't get to vote more than once.
(c) Mr. Putnam is trying to use politics to gain land.
(d) Voting means more in a farming community.
2. What character in Act 1 could be called a hypocrite?
3. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
(a) She accuses him of not wanting to support her.
(b) She accuses him of being mean to her.
(c) She accuses him of hitting her.
(d) She accuses him of trying to kill her.
4. What was Tituba doing while the other girls where dancing in the forest?
(a) Drinking blood.
(b) Waving her hands over the fire.
(c) Chopping firewood.
(d) Dancing with them.
5. Where did Hale find a witch the year before the current action in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Rebecca Nurse to treat his daughter?
2. What does John Proctor do for a living?
3. What does Abigail ultimately want from John Proctor?
4. Who thinks Ruth and Betty are simply suffering from a childish fit?
5. Abigail is sure that John Proctor still has feelings for her. What example does she use to back up her claim?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)