|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mercy Lewis thinks Ruth is improving in Act 1 because she woke to do something. What was it?
(a) She laughed.
(b) She screamed.
(c) She coughed.
(d) She sneezed.
2. How old is Abigail?
3. Who is the naked figure Parris sees disappear into the woods in Act 1?
(a) Mercy Lewis.
(c) Elizabeth Proctor.
4. How many of Mrs. Putnam's children have died?
5. Abigail is sure that John Proctor still has feelings for her. What example does she use to back up her claim?
(a) He made her a necklace.
(b) He looks up at her bedroom window.
(c) He argues with his wife a lot.
(d) He sends her love letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Giles Corey feels Parris is too concerned with wealth. What does he offer as an example?
2. Who believes Ruth's condition is the work of Satan?
3. What is John Proctor's excuse for not attending church often?
4. At the end of Act 1, what does Mr. Putnam threaten to do?
5. How many miles does John Proctor live from the church?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)