|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Abigail is sure that John Proctor still has feelings for her. What example does she use to back up her claim?
(a) He sends her love letters.
(b) He argues with his wife a lot.
(c) He made her a necklace.
(d) He looks up at her bedroom window.
2. What was lying on the ground in the forest?
(a) A doll.
(b) A knife.
(c) An apple.
(d) A dress.
3. How many miles does John Proctor live from the church?
4. What does Parris accuse John Proctor of doing to him?
(a) Stealing his firewood.
(b) Leading a faction against him.
(c) Mistreating Abigail.
(d) Being a heretic.
5. Who is the Putnams' servant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Parris's relationship to Abigail?
2. When John Proctor insults Parris in Act 1, who asks him to take it back?
3. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
4. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
5. When Susan leaves the Parris household she is asked a favor. What is it?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)