|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Abigail is sure that John Proctor still has feelings for her. What example does she use to back up her claim?
(a) He argues with his wife a lot.
(b) He looks up at her bedroom window.
(c) He made her a necklace.
(d) He sends her love letters.
2. Who asks Rebecca Nurse to treat his daughter?
(a) Giles Corey.
(c) Mr. Putnam.
(d) John Proctor.
3. Mercy Lewis thinks Ruth is improving in Act 1 because she woke to do something. What was it?
(a) She screamed.
(b) She coughed.
(c) She laughed.
(d) She sneezed.
4. What is John Proctor's excuse for not attending church often?
(a) He says he has too much work to do.
(b) He says he is too busy chopping firewood.
(c) He says Parris' sermons are not worth the long trip.
(d) He says he goes to another church closer to his home.
5. When Susan leaves the Parris household she is asked a favor. What is it?
(a) She is asked to bring the doctor for a second opinion.
(b) Shis asked to pray for Betty.
(c) She is asked not to mention the supernatural.
(d) She is asked to close the door behind her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Putnam and John Proctor argue over the firewood. Who does it most likely belong to?
2. Who is able to calm Betty after she screams?
3. What does John Proctor do for a living?
4. Giles Corey feels Parris is too concerned with wealth. What does he offer as an example?
5. Why does John Proctor threaten to whip Abigail?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)