|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Abigail?
2. What is John Proctor's excuse for not attending church often?
(a) He says he is too busy chopping firewood.
(b) He says he goes to another church closer to his home.
(c) He says Parris' sermons are not worth the long trip.
(d) He says he has too much work to do.
3. How much money does Parris get each year to buy firewood?
(a) Five pounds.
(b) Ten pounds.
(c) Three pounds.
(d) Six pounds.
4. Why did Parris want the deed to his own house?
(a) He didn't think that he could live in the house without the deed.
(b) He didn't think the town would obey him if they could easily remove him.
(c) He wanted to be sure that his daughter could inherit it.
(d) He didn't think the community would respect him if he didn't own a nice house.
5. Who believes Ruth's condition is the work of Satan?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Putnam.
(b) Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) John Proctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
2. What character in Act 1 could be called a hypocrite?
3. How many of Mrs. Putnam's children have died?
4. Where does this play take place?
5. What does Rebecca Nurse say say is afflicting Ruth and Betty?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)