|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Putnam and John Proctor argue over the firewood. Who does it most likely belong to?
(a) Mr. Corey.
(b) Mr. Parris.
(c) John Proctor.
(d) Mr. Putnam.
2. Abigail is sure that John Proctor still has feelings for her. What example does she use to back up her claim?
(a) He sends her love letters.
(b) He made her a necklace.
(c) He looks up at her bedroom window.
(d) He argues with his wife a lot.
3. Giles Corey feels Parris is too concerned with wealth. What does he offer as an example?
(a) Parris asked for the deed to his own house.
(b) Parris wanted to be paid on a monthly basis.
(c) Parris asked for extra firewood.
(d) Parris asked for a four bedroom home.
4. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
(a) She accuses him of trying to kill her.
(b) She accuses him of not wanting to support her.
(c) She accuses him of being mean to her.
(d) She accuses him of hitting her.
5. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Parris's relationship to Abigail?
2. Who believes Ruth's condition is the work of Satan?
3. Where did Hale find a witch the year before the current action in the play?
4. In what room are psalms being sung in Act 1?
5. Who is the Putnams' servant?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)