|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests that everyone put their faith in God and the doctor?
2. What does Abigail call Elizabeth Proctor when discussing her reputation in Act 1?
(a) A liar.
(b) A whiner.
(c) A sinner.
(d) A martyr.
3. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
(a) He is concerned about his reputation in Salem.
(b) He thinks she just has a cold and will be fine in a couple of days.
(c) He doesn't believe in witchcraft.
(d) He is afraid the girls will cast a spell on him.
4. What year is this play set in?
5. What does Mrs. Putnam claim is evidence that Betty has been involved in Witchcraft?
(a) Betty has a wart on her thumb.
(b) Betty starts speaking in a strange language.
(c) Betty calls out for her dead mother.
(d) Betty covers her ears and begins screaming when a psalm is sung.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Abigail claim she was fired from serving the Proctor household?
2. What does Abigail ultimately want from John Proctor?
3. Who thinks Ruth and Betty are simply suffering from a childish fit?
4. What does Abigail claim John Proctor freed her from?
5. What does John Proctor do for a living?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)