|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is able to calm Betty after she screams?
(b) Rebecca Nurse.
(c) Mrs. Putnam.
(d) Elizabeth Proctor.
2. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
(a) Rumors are circulating as to why she was dismissed from serving Mr. and Mrs. Proctor.
(b) Rumors are circulating about her involvement in her own parent's death.
(c) Rumors are circulating about her dancing naked in the forest.
(d) Rumors are circulating as to her vampire tendencies.
3. Who asks Rebecca Nurse to treat his daughter?
(a) John Proctor.
(b) Mr. Putnam.
(c) Giles Corey.
4. What does Parris accuse John Proctor of doing to him?
(a) Stealing his firewood.
(b) Being a heretic.
(c) Mistreating Abigail.
(d) Leading a faction against him.
5. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
(a) She accuses him of hitting her.
(b) She accuses him of being mean to her.
(c) She accuses him of trying to kill her.
(d) She accuses him of not wanting to support her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is this play set in?
2. What does John Proctor do for a living?
3. In what room are psalms being sung in Act 1?
4. Who asks if Parris has gone through the "proper channels" to investigate witchcraft in Salem?
5. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)