|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Putnam claim is evidence that Betty has been involved in Witchcraft?
(a) Betty has a wart on her thumb.
(b) Betty starts speaking in a strange language.
(c) Betty covers her ears and begins screaming when a psalm is sung.
(d) Betty calls out for her dead mother.
2. What was Tituba doing while the other girls where dancing in the forest?
(a) Chopping firewood.
(b) Drinking blood.
(c) Dancing with them.
(d) Waving her hands over the fire.
3. What does Abigail call Elizabeth Proctor when discussing her reputation in Act 1?
(a) A martyr.
(b) A liar.
(c) A whiner.
(d) A sinner.
4. How much money does Parris get each year to buy firewood?
(a) Three pounds.
(b) Five pounds.
(c) Ten pounds.
(d) Six pounds.
5. What does Parris accuse John Proctor of doing to him?
(a) Being a heretic.
(b) Stealing his firewood.
(c) Mistreating Abigail.
(d) Leading a faction against him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does this play take place?
2. When John Proctor reminds Mr. Putnam that "votes are not granted by the acre." What is he implying?
3. What is John Proctor's excuse for not attending church often?
4. Who is the Putnams' servant?
5. Why did Parris want the deed to his own house?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)