|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 1, what does Mr. Putnam threaten to do?
(a) He threatens to kill Parris.
(b) He threatens to stop chopping firewood.
(c) He threatens to sue.
(d) He threatens to leave.
2. Mercy Lewis thinks Ruth is improving in Act 1 because she woke to do something. What was it?
(a) She laughed.
(b) She sneezed.
(c) She screamed.
(d) She coughed.
3. When John Proctor reminds Mr. Putnam that "votes are not granted by the acre." What is he implying?
(a) Just because Mr. Putnam is wealthy he doesn't have more say.
(b) Voting means more in a farming community.
(c) In the upcoming election he won't get to vote more than once.
(d) Mr. Putnam is trying to use politics to gain land.
4. Where did Parris live before he moved to Salem?
5. How old is Abigail?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
2. Who is the Putnams' servant?
3. Who thinks Ruth and Betty are simply suffering from a childish fit?
4. Giles Corey feels Parris is too concerned with wealth. What does he offer as an example?
5. Why did Parris want the deed to his own house?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)