|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Abigail claim she was fired from serving the Proctor household?
(a) She says John Proctor was unhappy with her cooking.
(b) She says Elizabeth Proctor wanted her to do the work of a slave.
(c) She says Elizabeth Proctor didn't like her cooking.
(d) She says Elizabeth Proctor didn't like her.
2. Which adult was involved in putting the girls up to "conjuration"?
(a) John Proctor.
(b) Mr. Putnam.
(c) Mrs. Putnam.
3. Who complains that he/she is living in "poverty"?
(a) Rebecca Nurse.
4. Toward the end of Act 1, Betty wakes from her trance-like state and calls out for someone. Who is it?
(a) The devil.
(d) Her dead mother.
5. What was lying on the ground in the forest?
(a) A doll.
(b) A dress.
(c) An apple.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
2. How much money does Parris get each year to buy firewood?
3. How does John Proctor describe Parris' sermons?
4. Where did Parris live before he moved to Salem?
5. Abigail is sure that John Proctor still has feelings for her. What example does she use to back up her claim?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)