|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Parris accuse John Proctor of doing to him?
(a) Leading a faction against him.
(b) Being a heretic.
(c) Stealing his firewood.
(d) Mistreating Abigail.
2. Where are Abigail's parents?
(a) They are traveling.
(b) They disappeared.
(c) They died.
(d) They are friends with Parris.
3. How old is Abigail?
4. What year is this play set in?
5. What does John Proctor threaten to do to Mary if she doesn't go back to work?
(a) Whip her.
(b) Ground her.
(c) Fire her.
(d) Kill her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John Proctor's excuse for not attending church often?
2. How many of Mrs. Putnam's children have died?
3. Why did Parris want the deed to his own house?
4. What does Abigail call Elizabeth Proctor when discussing her reputation in Act 1?
5. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)