|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abigail say is wrong with Betty, when explaining her own actions to Parris?
(a) She says she fainted from surprise when Parris appeared in the forest.q
(b) She says she fainted from the heat while they were dancing.
(c) She says she fainted from the smoke from the fire.
(d) She says she fainted because her dress was too tight.
2. Giles Corey feels Parris is too concerned with wealth. What does he offer as an example?
(a) Parris asked for a four bedroom home.
(b) Parris wanted to be paid on a monthly basis.
(c) Parris asked for the deed to his own house.
(d) Parris asked for extra firewood.
3. Where does this play take place?
(a) Salem, Massachussetts.
(b) Salem, New Hampshire.
(c) Salem, Virginia.
(d) Salem, Oregon.
4. Why does John Proctor threaten to whip Abigail?
(a) Abigail is hitting him.
(b) Abigail is hitting Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) Abigail is speaking against his wife.
(d) Abigail is throwing things at him.
5. At the end of Act 1, what does Mr. Putnam threaten to do?
(a) He threatens to sue.
(b) He threatens to kill Parris.
(c) He threatens to stop chopping firewood.
(d) He threatens to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who believes Ruth's condition is the work of Satan?
2. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
3. What was Tituba doing while the other girls where dancing in the forest?
4. How many miles does John Proctor live from the church?
5. Which adult was involved in putting the girls up to "conjuration"?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)