|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Proctor do for a living?
(a) He is a coal miner.
(b) He is owns a grocery store.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a farmer.
2. In what room are psalms being sung in Act 1?
(a) The den.
(b) The parlor.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The living room.
3. Where does this play take place?
(a) Salem, Virginia.
(b) Salem, New Hampshire.
(c) Salem, Oregon.
(d) Salem, Massachussetts.
4. Toward the end of Act 1, Betty wakes from her trance-like state and calls out for someone. Who is it?
(b) Her dead mother.
(c) The devil.
5. How many miles does John Proctor live from the church?
Short Answer Questions
1. Giles Corey feels Parris is too concerned with wealth. What does he offer as an example?
2. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
3. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
4. What does Abigail say she does for John Proctor every night?
5. How does John Proctor describe Parris' sermons?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)