|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Abigail claim she was fired from serving the Proctor household?
(a) She says Elizabeth Proctor wanted her to do the work of a slave.
(b) She says Elizabeth Proctor didn't like her cooking.
(c) She says Elizabeth Proctor didn't like her.
(d) She says John Proctor was unhappy with her cooking.
2. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
3. How does John Proctor describe Parris' sermons?
(a) As "fire and brimstone" sermons.
(b) As "guilt and sin" sermons.
(c) As "hellfire and bloody damnation" sermons.
(d) As "light and fluffy" sermons.
4. What does Rebecca Nurse say say is afflicting Ruth and Betty?
(a) A serious flu.
(b) A childish fit.
(c) A spell cast by the devil.
(d) A mild sore throat.
5. What does John Proctor do for a living?
(a) He is a coal miner.
(b) He is a farmer.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is owns a grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hale find a witch the year before the current action in the play?
2. What does Parris accuse John Proctor of doing to him?
3. Who asks if Parris has gone through the "proper channels" to investigate witchcraft in Salem?
4. What does Abigail say is wrong with Betty, when explaining her own actions to Parris?
5. What is Parris's relationship to Abigail?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)