|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
(b) Supernatural causes.
2. Which adult was involved in putting the girls up to "conjuration"?
(b) John Proctor.
(c) Mrs. Putnam.
(d) Mr. Putnam.
3. Who asks if Parris has gone through the "proper channels" to investigate witchcraft in Salem?
(b) Mr. Putnam.
(d) John Proctor.
4. How does John Proctor describe Parris' sermons?
(a) As "guilt and sin" sermons.
(b) As "fire and brimstone" sermons.
(c) As "hellfire and bloody damnation" sermons.
(d) As "light and fluffy" sermons.
5. How many of Mrs. Putnam's children have died?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who believes Ruth's condition is the work of Satan?
2. Who asks Rebecca Nurse to treat his daughter?
3. Mr. Putnam and John Proctor argue over the firewood. Who does it most likely belong to?
4. When John Proctor reminds Mr. Putnam that "votes are not granted by the acre." What is he implying?
5. John Proctor scolds Mary at the beginning of Act 1. What has she done that makes him angry?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)