|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
2. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
(a) She is angry when Betty reminds Abigail that she drank blood to punish Elizabeth.
(b) She is angry that Betty is getting all of the attention.
(c) She is angry that the other girls are turning on her.
(d) She is scared that Betty is being controlled by evil spirits.
3. Abigail is sure that John Proctor still has feelings for her. What example does she use to back up her claim?
(a) He made her a necklace.
(b) He argues with his wife a lot.
(c) He sends her love letters.
(d) He looks up at her bedroom window.
4. What does John Proctor do for a living?
(a) He is owns a grocery store.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a coal miner.
5. Who believes Ruth's condition is the work of Satan?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Putnam.
(b) Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) John Proctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
2. What does Abigail say is wrong with Betty, when explaining her own actions to Parris?
3. What does Abigail call Elizabeth Proctor when discussing her reputation in Act 1?
4. John Proctor scolds Mary at the beginning of Act 1. What has she done that makes him angry?
5. What does Parris accuse John Proctor of doing to him?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)