|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Rebecca Nurse to treat his daughter?
(a) Giles Corey.
(c) Mr. Putnam.
(d) John Proctor.
2. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
3. What is Mary afraid will happen to her and her friends if they are found guilty of witchcraft?
(a) They will be drowned.
(b) They will be grounded.
(c) They will be hanged.
(d) They will be burned at the stake.
4. What was lying on the ground in the forest?
(a) A doll.
(b) An apple.
(c) A knife.
(d) A dress.
5. John Proctor scolds Mary at the beginning of Act 1. What has she done that makes him angry?
(a) She left the house without permission.
(b) She ate the last piece of bread.
(c) She forgot to put the horses in the stable.
(d) She spilled wine on the table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John Proctor's excuse for not attending church often?
2. What does Abigail say she does for John Proctor every night?
3. What does John Proctor threaten to do to Mary if she doesn't go back to work?
4. How does John Proctor describe Parris' sermons?
5. Why does John Proctor threaten to whip Abigail?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)