|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 21-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests that everyone put their faith in God and the doctor?
2. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
3. In what room are psalms being sung in Act 1?
(a) The den.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The parlor.
(d) The living room.
4. Where does this play take place?
(a) Salem, Massachussetts.
(b) Salem, Oregon.
(c) Salem, Virginia.
(d) Salem, New Hampshire.
5. Who thinks Ruth and Betty are simply suffering from a childish fit?
(a) Rebecca Nurse.
(b) John Proctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Putnam and John Proctor argue over the firewood. Who does it most likely belong to?
2. Why did Parris want the deed to his own house?
3. How many miles does John Proctor live from the church?
4. Mercy Lewis thinks Ruth is improving in Act 1 because she woke to do something. What was it?
5. Who is the naked figure Parris sees disappear into the woods in Act 1?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)