|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Parris accuse John Proctor of doing to him?
(a) Leading a faction against him.
(b) Stealing his firewood.
(c) Mistreating Abigail.
(d) Being a heretic.
2. How old is Mary Warren?
3. Why does John Proctor "forget" one of the commandments?
(a) He is old and forgetful.
(b) He is stressed out.
(c) He is uncomfortable saying them in front of Hale.
(d) He feels guilty.
4. When Mrs. Putnam tells Hale about her dead children, what does Hale do?
(a) He tells Giles to ask his wife if she was present when they died.
(b) He visits another priest to ask for help.
(c) He questions the doctor as to her symptoms.
(d) He consults his books to see if there are supernatural reasons.
5. At the end of Act 1, what does Mr. Putnam threaten to do?
(a) He threatens to sue.
(b) He threatens to stop chopping firewood.
(c) He threatens to leave.
(d) He threatens to kill Parris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tituba "admit" the devil told her to do?
2. Why does John Proctor threaten to whip Abigail?
3. When the girls list the other names of people they've seen with the devil, what does Hale do?
4. What does Giles Corey's wife do with books after she reads them?
5. Who doesn't believe Mary when she says she created the doll?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)