|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is incriminating about the doll found in John Proctor's house toward the end of Act 2?
(a) A woman of Elizabeth's age shouldn't be playing with dolls.
(b) Mary stuck the doll with a needle in order to hurt Abigail.
(c) It has a needle in it and Abigail was found with a needle in her stomach.
(d) Elizabeth created the doll as a Voodoo tool.
2. Where are Abigail's parents?
(a) They are friends with Parris.
(b) They died.
(c) They disappeared.
(d) They are traveling.
3. Where does this play take place?
(a) Salem, Virginia.
(b) Salem, New Hampshire.
(c) Salem, Oregon.
(d) Salem, Massachussetts.
4. Why did Parris want the deed to his own house?
(a) He wanted to be sure that his daughter could inherit it.
(b) He didn't think the community would respect him if he didn't own a nice house.
(c) He didn't think that he could live in the house without the deed.
(d) He didn't think the town would obey him if they could easily remove him.
5. How old is Abigail?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims Tituba has knowledge of conjuration?
2. Giles Corey asks Hale to explain his wife's behavior. What particular behavior is he concerned about?
3. What is Parris's relationship to Abigail?
4. What does Abigail call Elizabeth Proctor when discussing her reputation in Act 1?
5. Why does Abigail claim she was fired from serving the Proctor household?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)