|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abigail accuse Tituba of making her do?
(b) Drink blood.
(c) Run away from home.
(d) Take her clothes off.
2. Mary gives Elizabeth a gift after spending all day at court. What is it?
(a) A gavel.
(b) A candied apple.
(c) A stuffed bear.
(d) A doll.
3. What does Abigail claim John Proctor freed her from?
(a) Her moral shackles.
(b) Work as a servant.
(c) A well she fell into when she was little.
(d) Salem's false piety.
4. When Mary returns from court, in Act 2 she complains about something. What is it?
(b) A swollen ankle.
5. Why didn't Elizabeth stop Mary from leaving the house?
(a) She wanted to hear what was happening in town.
(b) She was worried that she might hurt Mary's feelings.
(c) She needed a break from the girl and her silly stories.
(d) She was afraid of the legal and spiritual consequences.
Short Answer Questions
1. John Proctor scolds Mary at the beginning of Act 1. What has she done that makes him angry?
2. What does Tituba know will happen to her if she doesn't "confess."
3. What year is this play set in?
4. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
5. When John Proctor reminds Mr. Putnam that "votes are not granted by the acre." What is he implying?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)