|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mercy Lewis thinks Ruth is improving in Act 1 because she woke to do something. What was it?
(a) She sneezed.
(b) She laughed.
(c) She screamed.
(d) She coughed.
2. What does Tituba know will happen to her if she doesn't "confess."
(a) She will be thrown out.
(b) She will be killed.
(c) She will be forced to work for the Parris family forever.
(d) She will be beaten.
3. Who is the clerk of the court?
(a) Mr. Putnam.
(b) Giles Corey.
(c) Mr. Cheever.
(d) Mr. Herrick.
4. Hale asks if these two men's children are "stricken" as well. Their children are not ill. Who are they?
(a) Giles and John Proctor.
(b) Mr. Putnam and Parris.
(c) Mr. Putnam and John Proctor.
(d) Cheever and Danforth.
5. What is John Proctor's excuse for not attending church often?
(a) He says Parris' sermons are not worth the long trip.
(b) He says he goes to another church closer to his home.
(c) He says he has too much work to do.
(d) He says he is too busy chopping firewood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who believes Ruth's condition is the work of Satan?
2. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
3. What is Martha Corey accused of?
4. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
5. At the end of Act 1, what does Mr. Putnam threaten to do?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)