|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Proctor threaten to do to Mary if she doesn't go back to work?
(a) Whip her.
(b) Fire her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Ground her.
2. When John Proctor insults Parris in Act 1, who asks him to take it back?
3. In what room are psalms being sung in Act 1?
(a) The living room.
(b) The den.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The parlor.
4. Mercy Lewis thinks Ruth is improving in Act 1 because she woke to do something. What was it?
(a) She coughed.
(b) She screamed.
(c) She laughed.
(d) She sneezed.
5. Hale is embarrassed by a compliment on his rationality. Which character gives him the compliment?
(d) John Proctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Proctors have a surprise visitor in Act 2. Who is it?
2. Abigail adds a name to Tituba's list of people working with the devil. What is that name?
3. Who complains that he/she is living in "poverty"?
4. Where did Parris live before he moved to Salem?
5. When John Proctor is doubtful of Rebecca Nurse's guilt, Hale reminds him of something. What is it?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)