|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mary is upset and crying at the end of Act 2. Why?
(a) John Proctor insists that she not go to court ever again.
(b) John Proctor insists that she cook for everyone in the house.
(c) John Proctor insists that she take the doll back.
(d) John Proctor insists that she appear in court.
2. Hale asks if these two men's children are "stricken" as well. Their children are not ill. Who are they?
(a) Cheever and Danforth.
(b) Mr. Putnam and John Proctor.
(c) Giles and John Proctor.
(d) Mr. Putnam and Parris.
3. How many of Mrs. Putnam's children have died?
4. What character in Act 1 could be called a hypocrite?
5. Where are Abigail's parents?
(a) They died.
(b) They are traveling.
(c) They are friends with Parris.
(d) They disappeared.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary afraid will happen to her and her friends if they are found guilty of witchcraft?
2. What does Tituba know will happen to her if she doesn't "confess."
3. Why does John Proctor "forget" one of the commandments?
4. When John Proctor insults Parris in Act 1, who asks him to take it back?
5. Who has heard that Hale has a "reputation for rationality" and tells him so?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)