|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John Proctor threaten to whip Abigail?
(a) Abigail is speaking against his wife.
(b) Abigail is throwing things at him.
(c) Abigail is hitting Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) Abigail is hitting him.
2. When John Proctor insults Parris in Act 1, who asks him to take it back?
3. How many people does Tituba claim to have seen with the devil?
4. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
(a) He is concerned about his reputation in Salem.
(b) He doesn't believe in witchcraft.
(c) He is afraid the girls will cast a spell on him.
(d) He thinks she just has a cold and will be fine in a couple of days.
5. What does Tituba "admit" the devil told her to do?
(a) Kill Sarah Good.
(b) Kill Parris.
(c) Make Abigail drink blood.
(d) Dance around the fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has heard that Hale has a "reputation for rationality" and tells him so?
2. What does Abigail call Elizabeth Proctor when discussing her reputation in Act 1?
3. When John Proctor gets home from seeding the farm, he learns that Mary has been gone all day. Where was she?
4. How does John Proctor describe Parris' sermons?
5. What does John Proctor do for a living?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)