|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks if Parris has gone through the "proper channels" to investigate witchcraft in Salem?
(b) John Proctor.
(c) Mr. Putnam.
2. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
(a) She is angry that the other girls are turning on her.
(b) She is angry that Betty is getting all of the attention.
(c) She is scared that Betty is being controlled by evil spirits.
(d) She is angry when Betty reminds Abigail that she drank blood to punish Elizabeth.
3. Who attacks Mary during the Which trial in Act 2?
(a) Sarah Good.
(c) Rebecca Nurse.
(d) Goody Osbourne.
4. Mary gives Elizabeth a gift after spending all day at court. What is it?
(a) A stuffed bear.
(b) A gavel.
(c) A candied apple.
(d) A doll.
5. What does Abigail claim was in the kettle in the forest?
(a) Apple cider.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Betty wake from her trance to do?
2. Who doesn't believe Mary when she says she created the doll?
3. When Mrs. Putnam tells Hale about her dead children, what does Hale do?
4. Why did Parris want the deed to his own house?
5. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)