|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary afraid will happen to her and her friends if they are found guilty of witchcraft?
(a) They will be grounded.
(b) They will be burned at the stake.
(c) They will be drowned.
(d) They will be hanged.
2. Why is Mrs. Putnam suspicious of Sarah Good?
(a) Sarah was the midwife of four of her children.
(b) Sarah was the midwife of five of her children.
(c) Sarah was the midwife of six of her children.
(d) Sarah was the midwife of three of her children.
3. Giles Corey feels Parris is too concerned with wealth. What does he offer as an example?
(a) Parris asked for a four bedroom home.
(b) Parris wanted to be paid on a monthly basis.
(c) Parris asked for extra firewood.
(d) Parris asked for the deed to his own house.
4. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
(a) He is afraid the girls will cast a spell on him.
(b) He doesn't believe in witchcraft.
(c) He is concerned about his reputation in Salem.
(d) He thinks she just has a cold and will be fine in a couple of days.
5. Who attacks Mary during the Which trial in Act 2?
(b) Goody Osbourne.
(c) Rebecca Nurse.
(d) Sarah Good.
Short Answer Questions
1. When John Proctor is doubtful of Rebecca Nurse's guilt, Hale reminds him of something. What is it?
2. Who thinks Ruth and Betty are simply suffering from a childish fit?
3. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
4. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
5. Mercy Lewis thinks Ruth is improving in Act 1 because she woke to do something. What was it?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)