|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people does Tituba claim to have seen with the devil?
2. Who claims Tituba has knowledge of conjuration?
(a) Rebecca Nurse.
(b) Mr. Putnam.
(c) Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) Mrs. Putnam.
3. Abigail is sure that John Proctor still has feelings for her. What example does she use to back up her claim?
(a) He made her a necklace.
(b) He argues with his wife a lot.
(c) He sends her love letters.
(d) He looks up at her bedroom window.
4. Hale asks if these two men's children are "stricken" as well. Their children are not ill. Who are they?
(a) Cheever and Danforth.
(b) Mr. Putnam and John Proctor.
(c) Mr. Putnam and Parris.
(d) Giles and John Proctor.
5. When John Proctor reminds Mr. Putnam that "votes are not granted by the acre." What is he implying?
(a) Mr. Putnam is trying to use politics to gain land.
(b) In the upcoming election he won't get to vote more than once.
(c) Just because Mr. Putnam is wealthy he doesn't have more say.
(d) Voting means more in a farming community.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Proctor do for a living?
2. Who believes Ruth's condition is the work of Satan?
3. Who suggests that everyone put their faith in God and the doctor?
4. Giles Corey feels Parris is too concerned with wealth. What does he offer as an example?
5. At the beginning of Act 2, Elizabeth is upset with her husband. Why?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)