|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What convinces Hale that the supernatural is involved, and the girls weren't just dancing?
(a) Parris says he saw a naked figure disappear into the forest.
(b) Parris says he saw something moving in the kettle.
(c) Mrs. Putnam says seven of her children died at birth.
(d) Mrs. Putnam says Sarah Good was her midwife.
2. Which of the ten commandments does John Proctor forget?
(a) Honor thy mother and father.
(b) Thou shalt not kill.
(c) Thou shalt not commit adultery.
(d) Thou shalt not covet.
3. What is Martha Corey accused of?
(a) Making a Voodoo doll of Abigail.
(b) Cursing a local farmer's pigs.
(c) Killing a Mrs. Putnam's children.
(d) Cursing Elizabeth Proctor.
4. Hale is embarrassed by a compliment on his rationality. Which character gives him the compliment?
(a) John Proctor.
5. Toward the end of Act 1, Betty wakes from her trance-like state and calls out for someone. Who is it?
(a) The devil.
(b) Her dead mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the girls list the other names of people they've seen with the devil, what does Hale do?
2. Mr. Putnam and John Proctor argue over the firewood. Who does it most likely belong to?
3. Which character announces he/she doesn't believe in witches?
4. Where does this play take place?
5. What does Abigail call Elizabeth Proctor when discussing her reputation in Act 1?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)