|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mercy Lewis thinks Ruth is improving in Act 1 because she woke to do something. What was it?
(a) She screamed.
(b) She coughed.
(c) She sneezed.
(d) She laughed.
2. Where did Hale find a witch the year before the current action in the play?
3. Mary gives Elizabeth a gift after spending all day at court. What is it?
(a) A doll.
(b) A gavel.
(c) A stuffed bear.
(d) A candied apple.
4. What does Giles claim he was unable to do until his wife stopped reading and left the house?
(a) eat his dinner.
(b) Say his prayers.
(c) Wash the dishes.
(d) Finish his work.
5. In what room are psalms being sung in Act 1?
(a) The den.
(b) The parlor.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The living room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail call Elizabeth Proctor when discussing her reputation in Act 1?
2. What does Abigail ultimately want from John Proctor?
3. Elizabeth asks that no one mention this word to her children. What is it?
4. What does Abigail claim John Proctor freed her from?
5. What does Abigail say is wrong with Betty, when explaining her own actions to Parris?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)