|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John Proctor gets home from seeding the farm, he learns that Mary has been gone all day. Where was she?
(a) In town at the witch trials.
(b) Shopping in a nearby city.
(c) Dancing in the forest.
(d) Hiding in the cellar.
2. Who is the clerk of the court?
(a) Mr. Herrick.
(b) Mr. Cheever.
(c) Mr. Putnam.
(d) Giles Corey.
3. What does Susana claim Dr. Griggs thinks might be the cause of Betty's illness?
(c) Supernatural causes.
4. The Proctors have a surprise visitor in Act 2. Who is it?
(b) Mrs. Putnam.
(c) Rebecca Nurse.
5. What does John Proctor threaten to do to Mary if she doesn't go back to work?
(a) Fire her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Whip her.
(d) Ground her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail say is wrong with Betty, when explaining her own actions to Parris?
2. John Proctor says people will admit to anything when this is the alternative. What is it?
3. What is John Proctor's excuse for not attending church often?
4. Who doesn't believe Mary when she says she created the doll?
5. What does Abigail tell Parris that she and the girls where doing in the woods?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)