|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
(a) He is afraid the girls will cast a spell on him.
(b) He doesn't believe in witchcraft.
(c) He thinks she just has a cold and will be fine in a couple of days.
(d) He is concerned about his reputation in Salem.
2. Who suggests that Parris deny the rumor of witchcraft?
3. Who thinks Ruth and Betty are simply suffering from a childish fit?
(a) Rebecca Nurse.
(c) John Proctor.
4. When Mrs. Putnam tells Hale about her dead children, what does Hale do?
(a) He tells Giles to ask his wife if she was present when they died.
(b) He consults his books to see if there are supernatural reasons.
(c) He questions the doctor as to her symptoms.
(d) He visits another priest to ask for help.
5. Which of the ten commandments does John Proctor forget?
(a) Thou shalt not covet.
(b) Thou shalt not commit adultery.
(c) Honor thy mother and father.
(d) Thou shalt not kill.
Short Answer Questions
1. John Proctor scolds Mary at the beginning of Act 1. What has she done that makes him angry?
2. Where are Abigail's parents?
3. Who is able to calm Betty after she screams?
4. Who is the clerk of the court?
5. The Proctors have a surprise visitor in Act 2. Who is it?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)