|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abigail claim was in the kettle in the forest?
(d) Apple cider.
2. Who has heard that Hale has a "reputation for rationality" and tells him so?
(b) John Proctor.
(c) Mr. Putnam.
3. Giles Corey asks Hale to explain his wife's behavior. What particular behavior is he concerned about?
(a) His wife has stopped talking.
(b) His wife doesn't go to church anymore.
(c) His wife has decided to become a nurse.
(d) His wife reads a lot of books.
4. Mary is upset and crying at the end of Act 2. Why?
(a) John Proctor insists that she not go to court ever again.
(b) John Proctor insists that she take the doll back.
(c) John Proctor insists that she cook for everyone in the house.
(d) John Proctor insists that she appear in court.
5. Why does John Proctor threaten to whip Abigail?
(a) Abigail is hitting Elizabeth Proctor.
(b) Abigail is hitting him.
(c) Abigail is throwing things at him.
(d) Abigail is speaking against his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the people in the trial "tested" for witchcraft?
2. Who claims Tituba has knowledge of conjuration?
3. What does Abigail say is wrong with Betty, when explaining her own actions to Parris?
4. What was Tituba doing while the other girls where dancing in the forest?
5. Mercy Lewis thinks Ruth is improving in Act 1 because she woke to do something. What was it?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)