|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John Proctor "forget" one of the commandments?
(a) He feels guilty.
(b) He is old and forgetful.
(c) He is stressed out.
(d) He is uncomfortable saying them in front of Hale.
2. Cheever and Herrick arrive at the Proctor's with an arrest warrant. Who is it for?
3. Who thinks Ruth and Betty are simply suffering from a childish fit?
(c) Rebecca Nurse.
(d) John Proctor.
4. When Mrs. Putnam tells Hale about her dead children, what does Hale do?
(a) He tells Giles to ask his wife if she was present when they died.
(b) He questions the doctor as to her symptoms.
(c) He visits another priest to ask for help.
(d) He consults his books to see if there are supernatural reasons.
5. At the end of Act 1, what does Mr. Putnam threaten to do?
(a) He threatens to kill Parris.
(b) He threatens to stop chopping firewood.
(c) He threatens to leave.
(d) He threatens to sue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Putnam and John Proctor argue over the firewood. Who does it most likely belong to?
2. Mary gives Elizabeth a gift after spending all day at court. What is it?
3. Abigail adds a name to Tituba's list of people working with the devil. What is that name?
4. When the girls list the other names of people they've seen with the devil, what does Hale do?
5. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)