|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who complains that he/she is living in "poverty"?
(a) Rebecca Nurse.
2. Who is the Putnams' servant?
3. John Proctor scolds Mary at the beginning of Act 1. What has she done that makes him angry?
(a) She spilled wine on the table.
(b) She forgot to put the horses in the stable.
(c) She left the house without permission.
(d) She ate the last piece of bread.
4. Who suggests that everyone put their faith in God and the doctor?
5. Abigail adds a name to Tituba's list of people working with the devil. What is that name?
(a) Elizabeth Proctor.
(b) Rebecca Nurse.
(c) Mrs. Putnam.
(d) Bridget Bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Giles Corey feels Parris is too concerned with wealth. What does he offer as an example?
2. Where does this play take place?
3. At the beginning of Act 2, Elizabeth is upset with her husband. Why?
4. Who is the clerk of the court?
5. When John Proctor insults Parris in Act 1, who asks him to take it back?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)