|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abigail claim was in the kettle in the forest?
(a) Apple cider.
2. Who is the naked figure Parris sees disappear into the woods in Act 1?
(b) Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) Mercy Lewis.
3. In what room are psalms being sung in Act 1?
(a) The living room.
(b) The den.
(c) The parlor.
(d) The kitchen.
4. How much money does Parris get each year to buy firewood?
(a) Five pounds.
(b) Three pounds.
(c) Six pounds.
(d) Ten pounds.
5. Which adult was involved in putting the girls up to "conjuration"?
(a) Mr. Putnam.
(b) John Proctor.
(d) Mrs. Putnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people does Tituba claim to have seen with the devil?
2. What does John Proctor threaten to do to Mary if she doesn't go back to work?
3. What year is this play set in?
4. Which character warns everyone against jumping to conclusions?
5. Who asks if Parris has gone through the "proper channels" to investigate witchcraft in Salem?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)