|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, John Proctor makes a promise to Elizabeth Proctor. What is it?
(a) To bring her home soon.
(b) Never to talk to Abigail again.
(c) To take care of Mary.
(d) Not to drink too much.
2. Where did Parris live before he moved to Salem?
3. Which adult was involved in putting the girls up to "conjuration"?
(a) John Proctor.
(b) Mr. Putnam.
(c) Mrs. Putnam.
4. What does Abigail tell Parris that she and the girls where doing in the woods?
(a) Abigail admits they were dancing to cast a spell on Elizabeth Proctor.
(b) Abigail says they were picking berries.
(c) Abigail admits they were dancing, but just for fun.
(d) Abigail admits they lit a fire to keep warm, but they were not dancing.
5. When John Proctor is doubtful of Rebecca Nurse's guilt, Hale reminds him of something. What is it?
(a) That Rebecca Nurse has had conversations with Satan.
(b) The Rebecca Nurse was no angel.
(c) That Rebecca Nurse killed those poor children.
(d) That satan too, was once an angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tituba "admit" the devil told her to do?
2. Who thinks Ruth and Betty are simply suffering from a childish fit?
3. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
4. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
5. When Susan leaves the Parris household she is asked a favor. What is it?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)