|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of expertise does Hale have?
(a) He is an expert at exorcism.
(b) He is an expert in the demonic arts.
(c) He is an expert in child psychology.
(d) He is an expert in children's medicine.
2. Abigail is sure that John Proctor still has feelings for her. What example does she use to back up her claim?
(a) He looks up at her bedroom window.
(b) He made her a necklace.
(c) He sends her love letters.
(d) He argues with his wife a lot.
3. What is John Proctor's excuse for not attending church often?
(a) He says he has too much work to do.
(b) He says he goes to another church closer to his home.
(c) He says Parris' sermons are not worth the long trip.
(d) He says he is too busy chopping firewood.
4. When John Proctor insults Parris in Act 1, who asks him to take it back?
5. What does John Proctor do for a living?
(a) He is a coal miner.
(b) He is owns a grocery store.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tituba know will happen to her if she doesn't "confess."
2. When John Proctor reminds Mr. Putnam that "votes are not granted by the acre." What is he implying?
3. What is Mary afraid will happen to her and her friends if they are found guilty of witchcraft?
4. Where did Hale find a witch the year before the current action in the play?
5. John Proctor scolds Mary at the beginning of Act 1. What has she done that makes him angry?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)