|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giles Corey's wife do with books after she reads them?
(a) Organizes them.
(b) Reads them again.
(c) Stacks them.
(d) Hides them.
2. Abigail adds a name to Tituba's list of people working with the devil. What is that name?
(a) Rebecca Nurse.
(b) Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) Bridget Bishop.
(d) Mrs. Putnam.
3. Where did Parris live before he moved to Salem?
4. What is Mary afraid will happen to her and her friends if they are found guilty of witchcraft?
(a) They will be hanged.
(b) They will be grounded.
(c) They will be burned at the stake.
(d) They will be drowned.
5. Why didn't Elizabeth stop Mary from leaving the house?
(a) She wanted to hear what was happening in town.
(b) She needed a break from the girl and her silly stories.
(c) She was worried that she might hurt Mary's feelings.
(d) She was afraid of the legal and spiritual consequences.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Abigail claim she was fired from serving the Proctor household?
2. When John Proctor is doubtful of Rebecca Nurse's guilt, Hale reminds him of something. What is it?
3. What is Martha Corey accused of?
4. How are the people in the trial "tested" for witchcraft?
5. Mercy Lewis thinks Ruth is improving in Act 1 because she woke to do something. What was it?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)