|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Abigail is sure that John Proctor still has feelings for her. What example does she use to back up her claim?
(a) He sends her love letters.
(b) He argues with his wife a lot.
(c) He looks up at her bedroom window.
(d) He made her a necklace.
2. What character in Act 1 could be called a hypocrite?
3. What is John Proctor's excuse for not attending church often?
(a) He says he has too much work to do.
(b) He says Parris' sermons are not worth the long trip.
(c) He says he goes to another church closer to his home.
(d) He says he is too busy chopping firewood.
4. Why did Parris want the deed to his own house?
(a) He didn't think the community would respect him if he didn't own a nice house.
(b) He didn't think the town would obey him if they could easily remove him.
(c) He didn't think that he could live in the house without the deed.
(d) He wanted to be sure that his daughter could inherit it.
5. Who complains that he/she is living in "poverty"?
(c) Rebecca Nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mary returns from court, in Act 2 she complains about something. What is it?
2. What does Abigail claim John Proctor freed her from?
3. Why does John Proctor threaten to whip Abigail?
4. What does Mrs. Putnam claim is evidence that Betty has been involved in Witchcraft?
5. What does Betty wake from her trance to do?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)