|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Proctor do for a living?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a coal miner.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is owns a grocery store.
2. Which adult was involved in putting the girls up to "conjuration"?
(a) Mr. Putnam.
(b) John Proctor.
(c) Mrs. Putnam.
3. Hale is embarrassed by a compliment on his rationality. Which character gives him the compliment?
(c) John Proctor.
4. Abigail adds a name to Tituba's list of people working with the devil. What is that name?
(a) Mrs. Putnam.
(b) Bridget Bishop.
(c) Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) Rebecca Nurse.
5. What does Tituba know will happen to her if she doesn't "confess."
(a) She will be killed.
(b) She will be beaten.
(c) She will be thrown out.
(d) She will be forced to work for the Parris family forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Abigail slap Betty in Act 1?
2. Mrs. Putnam suggests in Act 1 that Parris be the first to announce this in Salem. What is it?
3. Why does Abigail claim she was fired from serving the Proctor household?
4. When John Proctor is doubtful of Rebecca Nurse's guilt, Hale reminds him of something. What is it?
5. At the beginning of Act 2, Elizabeth is upset with her husband. Why?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)