|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Proctor threaten to do to Mary if she doesn't go back to work?
(a) Whip her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Fire her.
(d) Ground her.
2. When John Proctor is doubtful of Rebecca Nurse's guilt, Hale reminds him of something. What is it?
(a) The Rebecca Nurse was no angel.
(b) That Rebecca Nurse killed those poor children.
(c) That satan too, was once an angel.
(d) That Rebecca Nurse has had conversations with Satan.
3. What does Parris accuse John Proctor of doing to him?
(a) Mistreating Abigail.
(b) Leading a faction against him.
(c) Being a heretic.
(d) Stealing his firewood.
4. What does Rebecca Nurse say say is afflicting Ruth and Betty?
(a) A spell cast by the devil.
(b) A mild sore throat.
(c) A childish fit.
(d) A serious flu.
5. The Proctors have a surprise visitor in Act 2. Who is it?
(b) Rebecca Nurse.
(c) Mrs. Putnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary is upset and crying at the end of Act 2. Why?
2. What does Mrs. Putnam claim is evidence that Betty has been involved in Witchcraft?
3. Which character is pregnant?
4. Who is Tituba sharing a room with?
5. John Proctor scolds Mary at the beginning of Act 1. What has she done that makes him angry?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)