|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which bird was considered illegal to cook and eat in Cross Creek?
2. Which of the following insects did Rawlings believe was the biggest annoyance?
3. Which of the following was NOT a lake Rawlings and Dessie visited while on their river adventure?
(a) Lake Harney.
(b) Flowers Lake.
(c) Puzzle Lake.
(d) Lake George.
4. What did Rawlings claim the land was waiting for in fall?
5. How did Rawlings feel about her life in Cross Creek after returning from her river adventure with Dessie?
(a) She appreciated Cross Creek.
(b) She feared Cross Creek.
(c) She idolized Cross Creek.
(d) She resented Cross Creek.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which flowers did Rawlings and Dessie study on their river adventure?
2. Which of the following was the only animal Rawlings claimed she would never kill to eat?
3. Which of the following months was considered the stormiest in Cross Creek?
4. How were Rawlings and Dess greeted by the poor white people who lived in huts near the river?
5. Which of the following pans did Rawlings prefer to bake bread in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What animals did Rawlings hunt with her Aunt Wilmer, and how did the women get along during their hunting trip?
2. How did Rawlings's diet change when she was hospitalized in Cross Creek?
3. What type of work did Samson do on Rawlings's farm?
4. What happened when Rawlings's car got stuck in the soft sand near her farm?
5. What trouble did Rawlings get into with her neighbors around Christmas in regard to her staff?
6. How did the work around Rawlings's farm change in the heat of the summer?
7. Who was Mr. Butler, and where did he die?
8. What type of snakes lived on Rawlings's property, and how did she feel about these different varieties?
9. How did Rawlings and Dessie navigate the maze of tributaries that were not listed on Rawlings's river map?
10. What problem arose when Fatty Blake held a two-county free dinner?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)