|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following birds did Rawlings watch daily and claim were "honeymooning"?
2. Which of the following themes did Rawlings believe was "customary in slave psychology"?
3. At what unusual location did Rawlings and her friend Fred eat dinner after having their car stuck in soft sand?
(a) At a hospital.
(b) At a homeless shelter.
(c) At a church.
(d) At a prison.
4. After the stormy month, what crop was typically harvested?
(c) Sweet corn.
(d) Sugar Cane.
5. What type of animal was Ferdinand?
(a) A bull.
(b) A billy goat.
(c) A steed.
(d) A rooster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why couldn't Rawlings and Dessie sleep during their first night on the river?
2. What state did Dessie and Rawlings travel through on their river adventure?
3. What was the name of Rawlings's herpetologist friend?
4. How many frogs did Rawlings catch on her first frog hunting trip?
5. Which of the following vegetables was regularly trimmed and cooked like asparagus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Rawlings overcome her fear of snakes?
2. What happened when Rawlings's car got stuck in the soft sand near her farm?
3. What trouble did ants give Rawlings during planting season on the farm?
4. How did the work around Rawlings's farm change in the heat of the summer?
5. What vegetables were regularly eaten in Cross Creek?
6. How did Rawlings kill the cottonmouth snake she found in her house?
7. What type of work did Samson do on Rawlings's farm?
8. How were Dessie and Rawlings greeted by the locals, both black and white, in the coastal towns they visited?
9. What types of bread were regularly served in Cross Creek, and which was Rawlings's favorite?
10. Who was Racket?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)