|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following types of bread was NOT typically served in Florida?
(a) Hush puppies
(b) Corn pone.
2. Which of the following fruits was sneaked into Rawlings at the hospital when she was ill with low fiber?
3. Which of the following vegetables was regularly trimmed and cooked like asparagus?
(b) Mustard greens.
(d) Poke weed.
4. What was the average temperature in Cross Creek in the fall?
5. In what room of her house was the baby cottonmouth snake that Rawlings killed?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The cellar.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which bird was considered illegal to cook and eat in Cross Creek?
2. What had Rawlings and Kate's brother been hunting when they returned home to find the house destroyed?
3. Which of the following people believed in voodoo?
4. Which of the following groups of animals always seemed to know when hunting season was over?
5. How did Rawlings feel about the neighboring pigs eating from her farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Racket?
2. How did Rawlings's diet change when she was hospitalized in Cross Creek?
3. What types of bread were regularly served in Cross Creek, and which was Rawlings's favorite?
4. How did Rawlings and Dessie navigate the maze of tributaries that were not listed on Rawlings's river map?
5. How did Rawlings know that the season was changing from spring to summer based on the activity outside her window?
6. How was Rawlings feeling about her life at the time when Dessie invited her on a river trip?
7. What problem arose when Fatty Blake held a two-county free dinner?
8. What type of snakes lived on Rawlings's property, and how did she feel about these different varieties?
9. What type of work did Samson do on Rawlings's farm?
10. What happened when Rawlings's car got stuck in the soft sand near her farm?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)