|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Widow Slater and Catching One Young.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Moe Sykes do for a living?
(a) He was a miller.
(b) He was a carpenter.
(c) He was a farmer.
(d) He was a chef.
2. Which of the following best described Widow Slater's attitude while she was working for Rawlings?
3. How many black families lived in Rawlings's neighborhood in Cross Creek.
4. What did the Townsends call the party they invited Rawlings to?
(a) A Sterling Party.
(b) A Change Party.
(c) A Dollar Party.
(d) A Pound Party.
5. Which of the following people was considered to be the stabilizing force of Cross Creek?
(a) Tom Morrison.
(b) Martha Mickens.
(c) Joe Mackay.
(d) Marsh Turner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Martha's young boy throw on Rawlings's horse frightening it?
2. Why did the Townsends invite Rawlings over for a party?
3. Where was Rawlings's shower located?
4. Which of the following medical conditions was Widow Slater suffering from?
5. Which of Rawlings's friends was hired to collect census data?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)