Cross Creek and For This is an Enchanted Land
1. What state was Cross Creek located in?
2. How many white families lived in Rawlings's neighborhood in Cross Creek?
3. How many black families lived in Rawlings's neighborhood in Cross Creek.
4. What type of groves lined the streets in Cross Creek?
5. What was Rawlings's nickname in Cross Creek?
(a) Little Woman.
(b) Little Lady.
(c) Little Gal.
(d) Little Miss.
6. Which of the following people was considered to be the stabilizing force of Cross Creek?
(a) Joe Mackay.
(b) Martha Mickens.
(c) Tom Morrison.
(d) Marsh Turner.
7. Which of the following adjectives best described Cross Creek?
8. How did Rawlings come to own her house in Cross Creek?
(a) She bought it outright.
(b) She was given it by the government.
(c) She inherited it.
(d) She won it in a bet.
9. Where did Tome Morrison live with his wife and children?
(a) In the old convenience store.
(b) In the old church.
(c) In the old elementary school.
(d) In the old town hall.
This section contains 3,617 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)