|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has brought the worms out on the sidewalk?
(a) The search for food.
(b) A light rain.
(c) A torrential downpour.
(d) The heat of summer.
2. How does Mrs. Bruning feel about Debbie's action in question #101?
3. Where does the necklace end up next after leaving Russel's pocket and being picked up?
(a) In Lenny's bedroom.
(b) At the school office.
(c) In Patty's school bag.
(d) In front of Hector's house.
4. Where are Debbie and Patty when Hector and others arrive?
(b) Burger King.
(c) Tastee Freez.
5. To what has Mrs. Bruning agreed with Peter's parents?
(a) To advertise for a renter.
(b) To move her bedroom downstairs.
(c) A visiting nurse and meals on wheels.
(d) To leave for assisted living in two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lenny doing with his father in Chapter 16:
2. What does Mrs. Bruning ask Debbie to do?
3. Who picks up what falls out of Russell's pocket?
4. Where do Peter and his parents live?
5. What might disintegrate Patty's world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lenny doing in Chapter 22 while Debbie is in the backyard reading and what saddens him when he goes into his house and comes back out?
2. What does Hector do while waiting for the fireworks?
3. How do both Hector's and Mrs. Bruning's hairstyles change in Chapter 20?
4. What subject does Peter's father approach with Mrs. Bruning and what is her response?
5. What book is Debbie reading in Chapter 22 and what does she think about the book and her life compared to the life of the protagonist in the book?
6. How do Debbie and Peter handle the emergency with Mrs. Bruning?
7. What does Debbie hear her mother telling a friend about Debbie's upcoming summer?
8. What is Peter's father's response to Mrs. Bruning's objections? How are his objections handled?
9. With what is Lenny helping his father in Chapter 16, and what is Debbie doing when she overhears them?
10. How does Debbie's necklace end up in a tar patch after Dan picked it up?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)