|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the two conversation subjects Hector asked Debbie about while sitting on the curb?
(a) Television series and science fiction books.
(b) Movies one has not seen and what one dreamed the night before.
(c) Teenage crime and how parents should act with their children.
(d) The lack of education in schools and the problems with playing baseball in the rain.
2. About what is the song Hector composes at the celebration?
(a) The smell of fireworks.
(b) Pulling petals from daisies.
(c) Girls being from Venus.
(d) Hitting the cold water of the lake on a hot day.
3. What is Debbie doing as she hears Lenny and his father's conversation?
(a) Writing a poem.
(b) Painting with water colors.
(c) Her algebra and German homework.
4. What festival is coming up in the teens' hometown?
(b) Seldem Days.
(c) Summer Soltice.
(d) Days of Summer.
5. What has Hector decided to do to enhance his image as a musician?
(a) Grow his hair.
(b) Carry his guitar with him at all times.
(c) Write songs about every teen he knows.
(d) Wear black clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Debbie moved her bedroom?
2. What drops out of Russell's jacket pocket?
3. What is one of the ingredients of Hector's mother's recipe?
4. What does Hector think when he sees the smashed worms?
5. Where do Peter and his parents live?
Short Essay Questions
1. With what class is Patty struggling and what does she feel from the knowledge she has learned in this class?
2. What are Debbie and Patty doing while looking at the yearbook and what is Debbie thinking about when she looks at her own picture in the yearbook?
3. What book is Debbie reading in Chapter 22 and what does she think about the book and her life compared to the life of the protagonist in the book?
4. Why are Phil, Debbie, Lenny and Hector sitting on a curb, what are they doing and what are they talking about?
5. How do both Hector's and Mrs. Bruning's hairstyles change in Chapter 20?
6. Who is at the Tastee Freez when the guitar lesson group arrives there and how does Hector feel about the class going to the Tastee Freez?
7. What is Lenny doing in Chapter 22 while Debbie is in the backyard reading and what saddens him when he goes into his house and comes back out?
8. What do Peter and Debbie decide to do after Mrs. Bruning is taken to the hospital?
9. How is Mrs. Bruning when she comes home from the hospital and to what does she agree with Peter's parents?
10. What has Debbie convinced her mother of, and what does she find in her mother's mementos box?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)