|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Debbie doing as she hears Lenny and his father's conversation?
(a) Her algebra and German homework.
(c) Writing a poem.
(d) Painting with water colors.
2. Who has a locker next to Debbie?
3. Where are Debbie's mother's mementos?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the closet in boxes.
(c) In a box under her mother's bed.
(d) In the attic.
4. Where are Debbie and Patty when Hector and others arrive?
(b) Burger King.
(c) Tastee Freez.
5. Where does the music group gather at the ice cream store?
(a) Inside at a table.
(b) A picnic table.
(c) Bunched around Hector's car.
(d) Bunched around Dan's truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hector upset?
2. What does Peter Bruning call his grandmother?
3. What is Hector holding when he runs past Debbie and Patty?
4. What kind of song does Hector compose when he sees the worms on the sidewalk?
5. What does Debbie give Mrs. Bruning when the elderly woman comes downstairs on Saturday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Debbie comes to Mrs. Bruning's house on Saturday immediately after Mrs. Bruning awakens?
2. With what is Lenny helping his father in Chapter 16, and what is Debbie doing when she overhears them?
3. What is Hector thinking when he walks the sidewalk after a light rain?
4. What does Debbie think of Dan Persik?
5. What do Peter and Debbie decide to do after Mrs. Bruning is taken to the hospital?
6. How do Debbie and Peter handle the emergency with Mrs. Bruning?
7. Why are Phil, Debbie, Lenny and Hector sitting on a curb, what are they doing and what are they talking about?
8. What is Mrs. Bruning's response about Debbie, and what does Mrs. Bruning give Debbie?
9. What is Lenny doing in Chapter 22 while Debbie is in the backyard reading and what saddens him when he goes into his house and comes back out?
10. What is Peter's father's response to Mrs. Bruning's objections? How are his objections handled?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)