|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Debbie doing as she hears Lenny and his father's conversation?
(a) Writing a poem.
(b) Painting with water colors.
(d) Her algebra and German homework.
2. What does Mrs. Bruning see about Peter and Debbie?
(a) There is an attraction between them.
(b) They are completely and totally in love.
(c) They are indifferent to each other.
(d) They do not like each other well.
3. What has Hector decided to do to enhance his image as a musician?
(a) Write songs about every teen he knows.
(b) Grow his hair.
(c) Wear black clothes.
(d) Carry his guitar with him at all times.
4. What festival is coming up in the teens' hometown?
(b) Summer Soltice.
(c) Seldem Days.
(d) Days of Summer.
5. Why can't Debbie and Peter call for help with Mrs. Bruning?
(a) Mrs. Bruning forgot to pay her phone bill.
(b) The phone lines are down.
(c) There is an electrical storm.
(d) Mrs. Bruning does not have a phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of music does Hector's song resemble?
2. For what does Peter volunteer at his grandmother's house?
3. What did Peter hear when he woke Saturday morning at his grandmother's?
4. Who picks up what falls out of Russell's pocket?
5. What does Debbie's mother tell a friend about Debbie's upcoming summer activities?
Short Essay Questions
1. With what class is Patty struggling and what does she feel from the knowledge she has learned in this class?
2. What are Debbie and Patty doing while looking at the yearbook and what is Debbie thinking about when she looks at her own picture in the yearbook?
3. Why are Phil, Debbie, Lenny and Hector sitting on a curb, what are they doing and what are they talking about?
4. What is Peter's father's response to Mrs. Bruning's objections? How are his objections handled?
5. With what is Lenny helping his father in Chapter 16, and what is Debbie doing when she overhears them?
6. What is Lenny doing in Chapter 22 while Debbie is in the backyard reading and what saddens him when he goes into his house and comes back out?
7. What are the other teens doing while Debbie is dealing with the crisis with Mrs. Bruning?
8. How is Mrs. Bruning when she comes home from the hospital and to what does she agree with Peter's parents?
9. What is Mrs. Bruning's response about Debbie, and what does Mrs. Bruning give Debbie?
10. What does Peter call his grandmother and why is he at her house?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)