|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was on the handle of Peter's suitcase?
(a) A red piece of yarn.
(b) Airline tags.
(c) His name tag.
(d) Duc tape.
2. On what issue does Mrs. Bruning remain firm with Peter's parents?
(a) Being able to drive.
(b) Not going to the hospital.
(c) Debbie being her housekeeper.
(d) Allowing Peter to stay with her.
3. Why can't Debbie and Peter call for help with Mrs. Bruning?
(a) There is an electrical storm.
(b) The phone lines are down.
(c) Mrs. Bruning forgot to pay her phone bill.
(d) Mrs. Bruning does not have a phone.
4. What has Russell found?
(a) Debbie's necklace.
(b) A box of .36 bullets.
(c) A counterfeit fifty dollar bill.
(d) A class ring.
5. How does Hector think of the people who step on the worms on the sidewalk?
(a) They are careless.
(b) They are uncaring and indifferent.
(c) They are sadistic.
(d) They are all too heavy for the worms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Debbie and Patty when Hector and others arrive?
2. Why does Lenny leave his backyard when Debbie is watching him?
3. What does Hector's mother make for which some people might want the recipe?
4. What did Peter hear when he woke Saturday morning at his grandmother's?
5. Where is the hospital relation to Mrs. Bruning's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Hector find Meadow, and why is he embarrassed?
2. What do Peter and Debbie decide to do after Mrs. Bruning is taken to the hospital?
3. What is Mrs. Bruning's response about Debbie, and what does Mrs. Bruning give Debbie?
4. What are Debbie and Patty doing while looking at the yearbook and what is Debbie thinking about when she looks at her own picture in the yearbook?
5. What is Hector thinking when he walks the sidewalk after a light rain?
6. What is Peter's father's response to Mrs. Bruning's objections? How are his objections handled?
7. With what class is Patty struggling and what does she feel from the knowledge she has learned in this class?
8. What book is Debbie reading in Chapter 22 and what does she think about the book and her life compared to the life of the protagonist in the book?
9. Who is at the Tastee Freez when the guitar lesson group arrives there and how does Hector feel about the class going to the Tastee Freez?
10. How does Debbie's necklace end up in a tar patch after Dan picked it up?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)