|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Rowanne described?
(a) As pretty.
(b) As homely.
(c) As average.
(d) As very intelligent.
2. Who teaches Hector's music class?
(a) An old, former hippie.
(b) Pastor Don.
(c) The high school chorus director.
(d) A local music store's employee.
3. What influence on one's life does Debbie discuss?
(a) The environment in which one grows up.
(d) Personal choices.
4. Towards what is Lenny's school career being steered?
(b) Blue collar work.
(c) Artistic fields.
(d) Vocational technical programs.
5. Where did Lenny's mother get his reading material when he was young?
(a) The drug store.
(b) The library.
(c) Her older brother who was a professor.
(d) The grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Debbie and Patty wonder?
2. What do Debbie and Patty promise their mothers when buying jeans?
3. What do Lenny, Hector, Phil, Debbie and Patty do daily?
4. What do Debbie and Patty want their jeans to be like?
5. What does Hector help his father with the following Saturday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Debbie and Patty discussing in Chapter Ten and what is their question?
2. Where is Debbie invited in Chapter Four and what does she do there and with whom does she do it?
3. What does Patty say about their question and what does Debbie think about it?
4. Where is Lenny being steered in school, how does he manifest this in his life outside of school and what habit does he pick up?
5. What kind of book is Debbie reading, and what does she think about the book and its relevance to her life?
6. Where does Hector live in relation to Debbie, who is his sister and how does he feel about her?
7. Why was Lenny's childhood not indicative of the path he appears to be taking?
8. How does Debbie experience a response to physical contact with Hector?
9. What is Hector's main concern this summer?
10. How do Debbie and Patty get their pants to look the way they want?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)