|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hector say his grandmother talks about a lot?
(a) Her two small dogs.
(b) How her and her husband met.
(c) When she lived in Paris.
(d) Her surgeries.
2. What has Hector decided to do to enhance his image as a musician?
(a) Wear black clothes.
(b) Grow his hair.
(c) Carry his guitar with him at all times.
(d) Write songs about every teen he knows.
3. What is Hector holding when he runs past Debbie and Patty?
(a) The trash.
(b) His drum sticks.
(c) His guitar.
(d) His yearbook.
4. What was on the handle of Peter's suitcase?
(a) His name tag.
(b) Airline tags.
(c) Duc tape.
(d) A red piece of yarn.
5. Where is the hospital relation to Mrs. Bruning's house?
(a) It is four blocks away.
(b) About three miles.
(c) The nearest hospital is in a large city about 127 miles away.
(d) Two towns away.
6. Why does Lenny leave his backyard when Debbie is watching him?
(a) He is being chased by wasps.
(b) For a drink of water.
(c) To answer the phone.
(d) To find his father.
7. What has Hector forgotten?
(a) Why he began taking guitar lessons.
(b) Why his parents wanted him to go to college.
(c) Why he picked up all the trash.
(d) Why he thought Meadow is attractive.
8. Where do Debbie and Peter take Mrs. Gruning?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To the doctor's office.
(c) To Debbie's house.
(d) To the local firehouse.
9. How does Hector think of the people who step on the worms on the sidewalk?
(a) They are all too heavy for the worms.
(b) They are sadistic.
(c) They are uncaring and indifferent.
(d) They are careless.
10. What part of the festival will Debbie be able to attend even with her job?
(a) The Maypole Dance.
(b) The lighting of the soltice candles.
(c) The annual jump into the lake summer first swim.
(d) The dinner and fireworks.
11. What does Debbie give Mrs. Bruning when the elderly woman comes downstairs on Saturday?
(a) Cranberry juice and cereal.
(b) Water and an insulin pill.
(c) Sugared orange juice.
(d) Toast and eggs.
12. Where are Debbie's mother's mementos?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the closet in boxes.
(d) In a box under her mother's bed.
13. What are Debbie and Patty doing as they look at the yearbook?
(a) Decide who they would like to marry.
(b) Decide who is going to be successful.
(c) Decide who will be going to the prom with whom.
(d) Create Haiku stories about the seniors.
14. For what does Peter volunteer at his grandmother's house?
(a) To clean it from top to bottom.
(b) To take his grandmother to the store.
(c) To stay and fix problems in the house.
(d) To move her furniture around.
15. Why can't Debbie and Peter call for help with Mrs. Bruning?
(a) The phone lines are down.
(b) Mrs. Bruning forgot to pay her phone bill.
(c) There is an electrical storm.
(d) Mrs. Bruning does not have a phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Peter see that he thought was strange outside his bedroom window upon waking at his grandmother's house?
2. Who does Debbie find lacking in some personal qualities?
3. What does Debbie's mother tell a friend about Debbie's upcoming summer activities?
4. What is wrong with Mrs. Bruning's car?
5. What were the two conversation subjects Hector asked Debbie about while sitting on the curb?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)