|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Peter volunteer at his grandmother's house?
(a) To stay and fix problems in the house.
(b) To take his grandmother to the store.
(c) To clean it from top to bottom.
(d) To move her furniture around.
2. What does Peter do that makes their day perfect to Debbie?
(a) He buys her flowers.
(b) He kisses Debbie.
(c) He takes her hand.
(d) He says he is moving to his grandmothers.
3. What is one of the ingredients of Hector's mother's recipe?
(b) Sweet potatoes.
(c) Cooked pasta.
(d) Grated carrots.
4. What was the main course of the dinner Peter's grandmother made for him and his parents?
(b) Roast beef.
(c) Leg of lamb.
(d) Baked chicken.
5. What impresses Debbie about the student with the locker next to hers?
(a) His ability to fix anything.
(b) His status as a football star.
(c) His guitar.
(d) Her singing voice.
6. What was on the handle of Peter's suitcase?
(a) His name tag.
(b) Airline tags.
(c) Duc tape.
(d) A red piece of yarn.
7. How does Mrs. Bruning feel about Debbie's action in question #101?
8. What did Peter hear when he woke Saturday morning at his grandmother's?
(a) The radio.
(b) A loud motorcycle going down the street.
(c) A vacumn cleaner.
(d) His father singing.
9. Where does the music group gather at the ice cream store?
(a) Bunched around Hector's car.
(b) A picnic table.
(c) Bunched around Dan's truck.
(d) Inside at a table.
10. What does Hector think when he sees the smashed worms?
(a) That the worms have short, difficult lives.
(b) That he is a crushed worm himself.
(c) That he could still use them for fishing.
(d) That he is glad he does not live on the sidewalk.
11. What part of the festival will Debbie be able to attend even with her job?
(a) The dinner and fireworks.
(b) The Maypole Dance.
(c) The lighting of the soltice candles.
(d) The annual jump into the lake summer first swim.
12. What did Peter see that he thought was strange outside his bedroom window upon waking at his grandmother's house?
(a) A tree branch he didn't recognize.
(b) A seagull.
(c) A rope hanging from a tree branch.
(d) A ladder leaning against the wall.
13. How does Hector think of the people who step on the worms on the sidewalk?
(a) They are careless.
(b) They are sadistic.
(c) They are uncaring and indifferent.
(d) They are all too heavy for the worms.
14. Who picks up what falls out of Russell's pocket?
15. To what has Mrs. Bruning agreed with Peter's parents?
(a) To move her bedroom downstairs.
(b) To leave for assisted living in two weeks.
(c) To advertise for a renter.
(d) A visiting nurse and meals on wheels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Debbie find lacking in some personal qualities?
2. What are Debbie and Patty doing as they look at the yearbook?
3. What does Debbie's great aunt say Debbie's cousin's job is?
4. What drops out of Russell's jacket pocket?
5. Why can't Debbie and Peter call for help with Mrs. Bruning?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)