|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Peter see that he thought was strange outside his bedroom window upon waking at his grandmother's house?
(a) A tree branch he didn't recognize.
(b) A seagull.
(c) A rope hanging from a tree branch.
(d) A ladder leaning against the wall.
2. What drops out of Russell's jacket pocket?
(a) A harmonica.
(b) His car keys.
(c) Debbie's necklace.
(d) A twenty dollar bill.
3. How does Hector think of the people who step on the worms on the sidewalk?
(a) They are careless.
(b) They are sadistic.
(c) They are all too heavy for the worms.
(d) They are uncaring and indifferent.
4. What does Debbie's mother tell a friend about Debbie's upcoming summer activities?
(a) Debbie will be going to her grandparents for the summer.
(b) Debbie has no definite plans for the summer.
(c) Debbie will work for an elderly woman.
(d) Debbie will work at the Tastee Freez.
5. Where do Peter and his parents live?
(a) New York.
6. How does Mrs. Bruning feel about going into assisted living?
7. What does Debbie give Mrs. Bruning when the elderly woman comes downstairs on Saturday?
(a) Sugared orange juice.
(b) Water and an insulin pill.
(c) Toast and eggs.
(d) Cranberry juice and cereal.
8. Why is Peter at his grandmother's house?
(a) His mother is ill.
(b) His father had to go out of the country.
(c) He is there for the summer.
(d) He and his parents stopped there on the way to another relative's house.
9. What does Peter Bruning call his grandmother?
10. What about the Catholic religion are the friends discussing at the beginning of Chapter 21?
(a) Priests not getting married.
(c) The Pope.
(d) Styles of churches.
11. On what issue does Mrs. Bruning remain firm with Peter's parents?
(a) Allowing Peter to stay with her.
(b) Being able to drive.
(c) Not going to the hospital.
(d) Debbie being her housekeeper.
12. What does Mrs. Bruning ask Debbie to do?
(a) Wash the outside of all her windows.
(b) Pick up a presciption from the drug store.
(c) Walk her dog.
(d) Cut off her waist long hair.
13. What has Hector forgotten?
(a) Why his parents wanted him to go to college.
(b) Why he thought Meadow is attractive.
(c) Why he began taking guitar lessons.
(d) Why he picked up all the trash.
14. How is Mrs. Bruning when she comes home?
(b) Recovering but moving slowly.
(c) Energetic but tired.
15. What do Peter and Debbie decide to do?
(a) Watch the fireworks from the roof of Mrs. Bruning's house.
(b) Go find something to eat.
(c) Take a bus trip.
(d) Quit and go swim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impresses Debbie about the student with the locker next to hers?
2. What were the two conversation subjects Hector asked Debbie about while sitting on the curb?
3. What does Hector say his grandmother talks about a lot?
4. What is wrong with Mrs. Bruning's car?
5. What does Mrs. Bruning give Debbie?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)