|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has a locker next to Debbie?
2. What were the two conversation subjects Hector asked Debbie about while sitting on the curb?
(a) Movies one has not seen and what one dreamed the night before.
(b) The lack of education in schools and the problems with playing baseball in the rain.
(c) Teenage crime and how parents should act with their children.
(d) Television series and science fiction books.
3. What impresses Debbie about the student with the locker next to hers?
(a) His status as a football star.
(b) His ability to fix anything.
(c) Her singing voice.
(d) His guitar.
4. What did Peter see that he thought was strange outside his bedroom window upon waking at his grandmother's house?
(a) A tree branch he didn't recognize.
(b) A ladder leaning against the wall.
(c) A seagull.
(d) A rope hanging from a tree branch.
5. What are mementos of her mother's that Debbie finds?
(a) Dog figurines.
(b) A pressed lei of flowers.
(c) Two high school year books.
(d) Cat pictures.
6. What is Lenny doing with his father in Chapter 16:
(a) Painting the house.
(b) Repairing a car engine.
(c) Cutting down a tree.
(d) Moving a washing machine.
7. Who picks up what falls out of Russell's pocket?
8. With what is Patty struggling?
(a) The laws of physics.
(b) The marching band.
(c) A crush she has on a boy at school.
(d) Whether to apply to the local college or ones farther away from home.
9. Where has Debbie moved her bedroom?
(a) To the attic room.
(b) To her vacated brother's room.
(c) To the front parlor.
(d) To the basement.
10. On what issue does Mrs. Bruning remain firm with Peter's parents?
(a) Debbie being her housekeeper.
(b) Allowing Peter to stay with her.
(c) Not going to the hospital.
(d) Being able to drive.
11. Where is the hospital relation to Mrs. Bruning's house?
(a) It is four blocks away.
(b) Two towns away.
(c) About three miles.
(d) The nearest hospital is in a large city about 127 miles away.
12. What does Mrs. Bruning see about Peter and Debbie?
(a) They are completely and totally in love.
(b) They are indifferent to each other.
(c) They do not like each other well.
(d) There is an attraction between them.
13. What about the Catholic religion are the friends discussing at the beginning of Chapter 21?
(a) Styles of churches.
(b) Priests not getting married.
(d) The Pope.
14. With what is Hector occupied as of late?
(a) Developing his muscles.
(b) Composing songs.
(c) Applying for a summer job.
(d) School work and finals.
15. What is Debbie doing as she hears Lenny and his father's conversation?
(b) Painting with water colors.
(c) Her algebra and German homework.
(d) Writing a poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of food is Hector holding when Dan sees him?
2. Why does Lenny leave his backyard when Debbie is watching him?
3. What does Mrs. Bruning give Debbie?
4. What is one of the ingredients of Hector's mother's recipe?
5. What word does Debbie think of when she looks at her yearbook picture?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)