|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hector use to blind Freddie and Huey?
(a) A strobe light.
(b) A camera flash.
(c) A bright overhead light.
(d) A flare.
2. How much money does Hector give to Julio on the sly?
3. Why do Hector and Mando come to Dr. Femur's office?
(a) To have a chiropractic adjustment.
(b) To have dinner.
(c) To watch the baseball game on TV.
(d) To play cards.
4. Hector and Mando bolt themselves in a room with a dresser and _________________ blocking the door.
5. What does Hector want to do now but Julio tells him they will do later?
(a) Go to the bus station.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Go to dinner.
(d) Get a chiropractic adjustment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Julio's landlord give to Hector and Mando?
2. What kind of car do Freddie and Huey steal for their third vehicle?
3. What does Hector squirt through the peephole of the door and into Freddie's eye?
4. Who does Freddie blame for his predicament?
5. Who is the third person who comes in and is unexpectedly punched out by Hector?
Short Essay Questions
1. What qualities and experiences do Hector and Mando have that allow them to survive the encounter with the robbers?
2. Who is Dr. Femur and how do Hector and Mando meet him?
3. How are Freddie and Huey in conflict about what to do to the boys?
4. What does Dr. Femur represent in the story and what is the author saying about his work on the robbers and then the minimal work on the boys?
5. How does Julio turn into the stereotype of the typical Latin male?
6. How does Hector's innocence exhibit when he is scared and trying to convince himself that the robbers are not coming after them?
7. What do Hector and Mando do to prevent Freddie and Huey from coming up the stairs to the apartment?
8. Why does Vicky apologize to the boys again and what do she and the boys do at the apartment that takes all night?
9. Describe what the boys do when they walk around the mall for awhile after dinner.
10. Why are the police so happy when they arrive at Uncle Julio's apartment?
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)