|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julio think this might be his last evening to do?
(a) Photograph the fireworks display.
(b) Have a nice date with a woman.
(c) Watch the sunset.
(d) Watch late movies on TV.
2. On a voice message Freddie threatens to break Julio's camera and ___________________.
(a) his car windows.
(b) his legs.
(c) his face.
(d) his arms.
3. What is Julio's reaction when Julio hears that the robbers have located him and the boys?
(a) He freaks out.
(b) He remains calm.
(c) He faints.
(d) He calls the police.
4. What do Hector and Mando throw at Huey's foot to injure him?
(a) A bowling ball.
(b) The answering machine.
(c) A table.
(d) A lamp.
5. Whose telephone call startles Julio and the boys?
(b) Dr. Femur's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Julio going to Vicky's house after he drops off the boys?
2. What does Julio tell Hector and Mando about Vicky?
3. What does Julio's landlord ask Hector and Mando to do?
4. What does Julio tell Vicky when he picks her up at her house?
5. Where do Hector and Mando recall seeing Freddie and Huey when they encounter them in Dr. Femur's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Dr. Femur and how do Hector and Mando meet him?
2. How does Hector's innocence exhibit when he is scared and trying to convince himself that the robbers are not coming after them?
3. What qualities and experiences do Hector and Mando have that allow them to survive the encounter with the robbers?
4. Describe what the boys do when they walk around the mall for awhile after dinner.
5. What does Vicky represent in the story?
6. How does the author use dialogue between Freddie and Uncle Julio and the boys to point out the error of stealing?
7. How does Julio turn into the stereotype of the typical Latin male?
8. Why has the author inserted the phone messages from a crazy girlfriend of Julio's former roommate, Rick?
9. How are Freddie and Huey in conflict about what to do to the boys?
10. What favor does Dr. Femur ask of Hector and Mando?
This section contains 1,204 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)