|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hector and Mando say that they are also ________________.
2. What kind of car do Freddie and Huey steal for their third vehicle?
3. The police take Julio's film and _________________ for evidence.
(b) bowling balls.
(c) answering machine.
4. Why are Hector and Mando in big trouble if the robbers come after them?
(a) They can't call the police because the phone is broken.
(b) They will be outnumbered.
(c) They don't have any weapons to use against them.
(d) They can't escape the upstairs apartment.
5. On a voice message Freddie threatens to break Julio's camera and ___________________.
(a) his face.
(b) his car windows.
(c) his legs.
(d) his arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is the reward for catching the robbers?
2. How does the person in #109 know that the person he saw was Freddie?
3. What does Hector regret telling his mother?
4. How many messages are on Julio's answering machine when he and the boys get home?
5. Hector and Mando bolt themselves in a room with a dresser and _________________ blocking the door.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has the author inserted the phone messages from a crazy girlfriend of Julio's former roommate, Rick?
2. What is the symbolism of the back window of Julio's car falling out as the group drives to dinner?
3. What does Dr. Femur represent in the story and what is the author saying about his work on the robbers and then the minimal work on the boys?
4. What does Hector recall about the last time he was in this much trouble?
5. Why is Uncle Julio afraid when he hears Freddie's voice on the answering machine?
6. How does Hector's innocence exhibit when he is scared and trying to convince himself that the robbers are not coming after them?
7. Why are the police so happy when they arrive at Uncle Julio's apartment?
8. Where does the group have dinner and why are the boys told to order light?
9. What does Vicky represent in the story?
10. How are Freddie and Huey in conflict about what to do to the boys?
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)