|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Julio going to Vicky's house after he drops off the boys?
(a) To listen to music.
(b) To fix her leaky faucet.
(c) To be interviewed for an article.
(d) To have a glass of wine.
2. Why had Hector's mother cried when she discovered that Hector left her car idling?
(a) She didn't have an extra key to unlock the car.
(b) She thought Hector was inside the car.
(c) She didn't have money for more gas.
(d) She thought Hector was turning into a bad kid.
3. What are Freddie and Huey doing outside when Hector and Mando see them?
(a) Stringing a cable.
(b) Loading their guns.
(c) Digging a hole.
(d) Waving and laughing.
4. Why does Hector not order dessert at dinner?
(a) He doesn't have a sweet tooth.
(b) Julio does not have a lot of money.
(c) He is too full.
(d) He is diabetic.
5. How have Hector and Mando secured Freddie and Huey?
(a) They are sitting on them.
(b) They have them in a closet.
(c) They are bound and tied.
(d) They are locked in the bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Hector and Mando in big trouble if the robbers come after them?
2. Who is the first to recognize Freddie after the robbers leave Dr. Femur's office?
3. Hector says the robbers will not come to get __________________.
4. What is Julio's reaction when Julio hears that the robbers have located him and the boys?
5. Why does Julio want to delay the event in #117?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the budding relationship between Uncle and Vicky represent?
2. Why does Vicky apologize to the boys again and what do she and the boys do at the apartment that takes all night?
3. What does Hector recall about the last time he was in this much trouble?
4. Why does Stewart call Julio to apologize.
5. How does Julio turn into the stereotype of the typical Latin male?
6. What is the symbolism of the back window of Julio's car falling out as the group drives to dinner?
7. Why are the police so happy when they arrive at Uncle Julio's apartment?
8. What is the first trick that Hector tries to get rid of Freddie?
9. What does Vicky represent in the story?
10. What is Freddie and Huey's plan in Chapter 14?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)