|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of Julio's landlord?
2. What does Hector do when he hears Freddie's voice on the answering machine?
(a) Hides in the bathroom.
(b) Turns off all the lights in the apartment.
(c) Punches the machine and tells Freddie to come get them.
(d) Calls the police.
3. What does Mando tell Hector that they need?
(a) Bus tickets.
(b) A getaway car.
(c) A cell phone.
(d) An escape plan.
4. What makes the police happy when they arrive at Julio's apartment?
(a) Freddie and Huey are sitting in the bathtub.
(b) Freddie and Huey are in a closet.
(c) Freddie and Huey are tied up.
(d) The boys are sitting on the robbers.
5. What does Julio tell the boys to do after dinner?
(a) Walk around the mall for awhile.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Go to a movie.
(d) Walk back to the apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it when the police arrive at Julio's apartment?
2. Freddie says he had the right to rob the truck because _____________________.
3. Who is Julio's landlord?
4. Mando says that robbers do not care about ________________.
5. Why is Julio's landlord's nephew in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hector do in Julio's apartment that makes the boys more vulnerable?
2. What is the first trick that Hector tries to get rid of Freddie?
3. What is the symbolism of the back window of Julio's car falling out as the group drives to dinner?
4. How are Freddie and Huey in conflict about what to do to the boys?
5. What is the song about the dog the boys hear on the radio and how does it symbolize their lives?
6. Why does Julio prevent Hector from calling the police after the boys have seen the robbers in Dr. Femur's office?
7. How are Hector and Mando finally able to capture and tie up the robbers?
8. How does Julio turn into the stereotype of the typical Latin male?
9. Why are the police so happy when they arrive at Uncle Julio's apartment?
10. What does the budding relationship between Uncle and Vicky represent?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)