|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The other robber is named _________________.
(a) Huey Walker.
(b) Hugo Weinrich.
(c) Harry Winston.
(d) Hank Walters.
2. How is Julio's car damaged?
(a) He is sideswiped on the street.
(b) He backs into a tree.
(c) Some kids shoot BB guns at it.
(d) Freddie and Huey slam into him.
3. Why do Julio and the boys go to the convenience store?
(a) To make a phone call.
(b) To ask the cashier to describe the robbers.
(c) To buy some film.
(d) To get something to drink.
4. Which of the following cities is NOT a place Hector and Mando wanted to visit?
5. All of Uncle Julio's furniture is of what color?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fruit do the boys get at the farm?
2. What does Julio tell Hector and Mando to comfort them?
3. What does Paul Kanzaki do to retouch Julio's photos of the farm?
4. What do the boys and Uncle Julio hear about on the car radio?
5. Where are Freddie and Huey when they see someone steal the Buick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan do Freddie and Huey formulate to get out of their current situation?
2. What is the significance of including the Japanese Americans into the story?
3. What does the Denny's restaurant signify to Hector and Mando regarding their loss of innocence?
4. What damage has been done to Uncle Julio's car?
5. Why does Vicky call to apologize to Hector and Mando and what does Julio offer to make her feel better?
6. Who is Vicky and why does she spend some time with Hector and Mando?
7. Describe Hector and Manny's world in East Los Angeles and what it represents for Latinos.
8. What nationality are Mr. Kanzaki and Mr. Inouye and why are they important to the story?
9. Summarize the story of CRAZY WEEKEND.
10. What news report do Julio and the boys hear on the car radio and what is their connection to it?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)