|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Julio and the boys see as they get in Julio's car at the farm?
(a) A cherry picker in action.
(b) A hawk circling overhead.
(c) A police car.
(d) A sinister-looking car.
2. Where have Hector and Mando arrived at the beginning of the story?
(d) San Diego.
3. What kind of car do Freddie and Huey steal at the used car lot?
4. What do the boys and Uncle Julio hear about on the car radio?
(a) An armed robbery.
(b) A department store fire.
(c) A fireworks display.
(d) A Major League Baseball game.
5. What does Paul Kanzaki do to retouch Julio's photos of the farm?
(a) Brightened the colors.
(b) Enlarged it.
(c) Eliminated glare spots.
(d) Cropped it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Julio's old roommate?
2. Why had Julio gone to Paul Kanzaki's Photo Studio?
3. What do Freddie and Huey eat in the car as they wait for Julio and the boys?
4. What does Hector tell the woman in #31 that embarrasses her?
5. Who interviews Hector and Mando about the robbery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the robbers.
2. What damage has been done to Uncle Julio's car?
3. What does talking with Victor seem to be doing to Hector and Mando regarding their innocence?
4. What news report do Julio and the boys hear on the car radio and what is their connection to it?
5. How does Uncle Julio represent a father figure for Hector and Mando?
6. What does the Denny's restaurant signify to Hector and Mando regarding their loss of innocence?
7. How do Freddie and Huey find out where to find Julio and the boys?
8. When do Hector and Mando realize that Uncle Julio was right about their being in danger?
9. Who is Vicky and why does she spend some time with Hector and Mando?
10. How does the author show the importance of the Japanese Americans to the regional economy and culture?
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)