Chapter 1 and Chapter 2
1. What is Hector's last name?
2. What is the meaning of "blood brother"?
(a) War buddy.
(b) Best friend.
(d) Natural brother.
3. What is Mando's last name?
4. What grade are Hector and Mando in at school?
5. In what city do Hector and Mando live?
(b) Los Angeles.
6. What month is it when the story begins?
7. Where have Hector and Mando arrived at the beginning of the story?
(c) San Diego.
8. Why have the boys come to the city in #7?
(a) To attend a wedding.
(b) For a three-day weekend.
(c) To visit a friend.
(d) To attend a family reunion.
9. Which of the following cities is NOT a place Hector and Mando wanted to visit?
10. Who is Uncle Julio?
(a) Mando's uncle.
(b) Mando's godfather.
(c) Hector's mother's new husband.
(d) Hector's uncle.
This section contains 4,162 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)