• NOTE: The following version of this book was used to create the guide: Kwan, Kevin. Crazy Rich Asians. Anchor Books, 2013.
• Crazy Rich Asians is related from the perspective of a third-person, omniscient narrator.
• Chapters within the novel shift from focus on one character to another, although the Prologue simply presents a scene from an omniscient point of view.
• In the Prologue, set in London, 1986, the reader is introduced to eight-year-old Nicholas Young, his cousins Astrid and Eddie, his mother Eleanor, and his aunts Felicity and Alexandra.
• The family has just arrived at Heathrow Airport after a 16-hour flight from Singapore and comes to check in at the elegant Calthorpe Hotel.
• Ormsby, the desk manager at the hotel, is shocked to discover that the Young family is Chinese and he tells Eleanor that he cannot find her reservation.
• Eleanor insists that she confirmed her reservation, that she secured...
This section contains 8,530 words
(approx. 29 pages at 300 words per page)